main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Which SW series should get another story arc?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by General Immodet, Dec 7, 2012.

?

Which SW series should get another story arc?

1. SW: Knight Errant

26.3%
  2. SW: Jedi

7.0%
  3. SW: Jedi Quest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. SW: Blood Ties

5.3%
  5. SW: Rebellion

17.5%
  6. SW: Crimson Empire

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. SW: Invasion

43.9%
  1. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Which SW series should get another story arc?

I didn't include series such as KOTOR since they have already been wrapped up.
    I didn't include series such as Boba Fett:... since those storylines are not interlinked.
    I didn't include series such as Dark Times since they are still being published.

Thoughts...

2. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    KOTOR is never wrapped up!

Force Smuggler, spicer and Zorrixor like this.
  3. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    You're probably right.
    KOTOR was my favourite series, but I also think it's good KOTOR has ended.
    JJM stopped writing KOTOR when the series had reached its highest point.

4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    For me, it's a close tie between Knight Errant and Invasion.

In the end, I voted Invasion simply because its story is no where near at a satisfactory finishing point, whereas Knight Errant -- as much as it pains me that we never got to learn where Kerra's sibling is -- did at least "feel" like an ending.

5. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Thought pick between KE and Invasion but I went with Invasion. And who knows we might get lucky and JJM would write another KE novel - I'd be happy with that.

6. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Glove of Darth Vader #7: The Shadow of Obi-Wan - Release IT!

7. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Maybe Glove of Darth Vader #7: The Shadow of Obi-Wan will be about droids going to a spa... Instead of meeting Cad Bane afterwards, they meet the ghosts of Obi and Vader. Just some ideas!

8. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Oh, yeah, I really loved Moff Hissa!

9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    If nothing else, Dark Horse should go out with a bang and publish a complete Glove of Darth Vader TPB.

I mean, the Legacy series is awesome and all, but nothing would upstage Disney and Marvel better than the greatest romance story in the history of Star Wars.

10. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Pretty mediocre list. There have been some good stories here and there, but nothing as consistently great since Legacy and KoTOR were monthlies. I was starting to get into Invasion. Seemed to be building toward something interesting.

However, as much as I am a fan of JJM, the Knight Errant comic book has been just OK, sometimes less than OK.

I have been thinking the ST could be a great thing for DH...if they are permitted to keep the license. They did a fantastic job on the books set between the movies, and I would love to see what they could do with books leading up to the ST and set between the films.

11. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Guess who voted for Rebellion.

Manisphere likes this.
  12. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    I was going to vote for Rebellion but I thought the idea of the Wood comic plus Rebellion a bit much. If it could be Rebellion instead of the Wood comic, my vote goes back to Rebellion.

13. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I voted for Knight Errant, though I would really like to see it get another novel. My second choice would be Rebellion/Empire. My not on the poll choices would be another arc or two of rogue Squadron comics (Just print the re-enlistment of baron fel!) or a comic translation of the HoT books. Or Allegience/Choices of One.

14. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I went with Rebellion for one reason only: Tank.

Reaper63 and General Immodet like this.
  15. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Knight Errant. We were only just starting to explore all the different craziness of the Sith.

16. KamSolusar

KamSolusar Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    I'd love to see new X-Wing comics.

17. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    Invasion because it probably needs it more than KE, even though I like KE better so I feel like a traitor...

18. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Lost Tribe of the Sith.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  19. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Agreed! I hope Tank is featured again in a comic soon.

Reaper63 likes this.
  20. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Oh, I completely forgot abou X-Wing. Sorry...

21. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    The Jabba the Hutt comics deserve another story.

[​IMG]

22. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    I voted for Invasion, though I'd also like further arcs of Knight errant and X-wing. Invasion was really building something epic, and was said it would return with a fourth arc... and then it didn't. At least Knight Errant has a form of an ending, while Invasion was just killed with no sort of any resolution at all. At least Knight Errant is in a relatively unexplored era, what about Invasion? It's in a pretty filled era, so its story being left open is odd, in terms of leaving such big plot points left open.

And Reenlistment of Baro Fel for X-wing needs releasing. NEEDS RELEASING, Dark Horse.

General Immodet likes this.
  23. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    A number of them I would choose but personally I chose Invasion. Its not complete and I think has tonnes of story potential still left in it. Really hope it continues at some point as its only recently that the NJO has been given this much love and hate to see that end :(

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    No Tribe?

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Y'know, I haven't read those. As a Hutt fan, I'm fairly certain I'd like them. But my backlog is so clogged, I don't know if I should prioritize those over the other stuff.

Kinda off topic, but this reminds me, whatever happened to @CooperTFN's "sell something to me" thread? Was that on the temp boards? That should come back.