main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which theatre will you see ROTS.

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, SC' started by rechedelphar, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Kermit

Jedi-Kermit Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2004
    Here is information about the 501st Carolina Garrison at the Hollywood 20 for those that are interested.

http://www.carolina501st.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=510

2. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    only 11 days

3. Darth_Yalc

Darth_Yalc Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2002
    Just a recheck to see who will be at Spartan 16 for the misnight show.

4. MoFrinker

MoFrinker Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    Grabbed tickets yesterday for Spartan 16 but their for the 3:30 pm showing on Thursday.I have 2 little boys thrilled to see the movie just as much as me and couldnt pull the midnight showing without them,well couldnt have pulled it with them,school and everything.but I hope to maybe ride by the greenville 20 (i think its 20)if the 501st will be out there,i think it will be a treat for them to see,as well I'd like to also.How do you get a stormtrooper outfit for anyone who has one?I researched online and places tell you how to build it,but no where to buy pre-built...that may be a stupid question,but any help would be appreciated,Thanks!

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    For those of you in Spartanburg, how crowded are the theaters for the midnight showing, like say for AOTC? I'm only a sophomore, so I haven't been up here very long.

6. Darth_Yalc

Sep 23, 2002
    MoFrinker, you can go to the Carolina Garrison site or just PM me for more info on the 501st. :D

Heels, I have no idea what the crowd will be like. However, I should have my scout trooper Got Armor shirt on if you want to hang out while in line.

7. Darth_Yalc

Sep 23, 2002
    Also, I believe the guys will be there starting at about 7:30 on the 18th if you want to stop by the Hollywood 20 to see them. Bring a camera ;)

8. Jedi-Kermit

Apr 23, 2004
    I will be at the Spartan 16 for the midnight showing in my Jedi Costume. On Thursday evening I'll be hanging with the 501st in Greenville.

9. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
    I won't get to see it till either the 24th or the 30th. More than likely the 30th. But I'll have to go with my mother and brother. Oh well. But we'll be going to the Spartan 16. /shrug

10. padawanslave

padawanslave Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2003
    I am not a member of the 501st yet, so I can not post on that board.
    I have done promotional stuff with Hollywood 20, and worked with Jason before. He is great, very flexible and easy to work with. You guys will enjoy meeting him. He really allowed us to do pretty much what we needed to when we worked with him. (I am in the SCA and I coordinated a demo event in conjunction with the opening for King Arthur)
    I will definitely be attending the midnight showing, maybe in my Tusken if I can finish up the last detailing. I will also be there for a matinee on Saturday. If I can not finish up the Tusken, I will be in my Padme Picnic Dress, or my Jedi.
    I hope to see some of you there!!!

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Yalc, I'll look for you. I'll be there with an old buddy from high school and my best friend, I'll probably have my old ratty Yankees hat on.

I think that since I got the tickets already, I'll just show up pretty late--will they let you walk in around 11:30 to get your seat or do they make you stand outside? I've got a few spare lightsabers if they intend to make us wait, the three of us will just bumrush the door and take out the attendants so that you guys can get in. Kermit since you'll look like the Jedi we'll probably get you to help, too.

Early Forecast for Thursday night, Spartan City:

Around 62 degrees, 40 percent chance of thunderstorms.

12. Darth_Yalc

Sep 23, 2002
    Joy, PM me if you need to know about the garrison website. How close are you too finishing? My son also has a Tusken costume. :)

13. padawanslave

May 30, 2003
    Clay, PM sent! ;-) That tooth is all I lack to complete the Tusken. If I can get one FAST, I am not above staying up all night to finish the head...LOL

14. DarthBrett

DarthBrett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    hey Clay, don't be so modest about that Tusken costume...it was an award winner at ConCarolinas a couple of years ago, if I remember right. But anyway, it is a pretty sweet costume.

I think I'm just going to be a random Jedi with a dark Sith robe and an Anakin FX saber (Episode II).

15. willuhrlicht

willuhrlicht Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    anyone lucky enough to win tickets from the radio?
    If so.. I ENVY THEE!

16. padawanslave

May 30, 2003
    We went to ConCarolinas last year and there was a young man with a Tusken who won something in the costume contest. Is this the same one?
    We won something in it, too. My husband, his best friend, and his young son were Anakin, Obi-Wan, and a youngling. I told my hubby it was no fair that he got a trophy...I am the one who put in all the long hours at the sewing machine...LOL!!!

17. Darth_Yalc

Sep 23, 2002
    It was 2 years ago that he won the costume contest at CC. We only went for one day last year to play Star Wars RPG. However, we will be there for the full weekend this year.

18. DarthBrett

DarthBrett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    I kind of wanted to win tickets from the radio station, but I figure all the real fans will be there at midnight.

When is ConCarolinas this year, anyway?

19. Darth_Yalc

Sep 23, 2002
    June 3-5 is CC. Several different SW attractions I think. This is the con I go to for gaming however.

20. padawanslave

May 30, 2003
    Ah ha, my husband just corrected me. It WAS 2 years ago. Then it was the same person...small world, eh? It was a very nice costume!

21. Darth_Yalc

Sep 23, 2002
    Ah yes. I do remember the jedi. Yes, small world. hehe. Will you guys be going this year?

22. ShiriKeiCelisoe

Jan 8, 2002
    I am definitely going to the Spartan 16 and I'm going to one of the early showings on May 24th. I'm going with my mother. But my brother gets to see it before me and on the 19th too. I'll hate him for the rest of my life because of that.

23. Darth_Yalc

Sep 23, 2002
    Hmmm...Hate leads to the darkside :p

24. ShiriKeiCelisoe

Jan 8, 2002
    Yeah, I know. But he deserves this hate. I mean, he barely knows anything about Star Wars. He wouldn't even know it came out this year if I didn't tell him.

25. Jedi-Kermit

Apr 23, 2004
    You must learn patience. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.