main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who else would like to see just ONE ep of Clone Wars done "Bioware"-style?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kev Snowmane, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    I'd love to see our familiar characters done to that standard of "realistic" animation. Not that I expect it to happen, given what I would assume would be exorbitant costs...maybe a "special" or DTDVD movie?

2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    If Bioware can throw ridiculous amounts of money for what is simply a very sweet looking nearly 7 minute advertisement:

I'm sure Lucasfilm could put out the money to make a special episode/arc in such a style.

Though it's not as simple as just sitting down and animating. Things like motion capturing would have to be employed.

Having said that, I highly, highly, highly, highly doubt it. They'll probably just continue to refine the current style and it seems like too much effort to shift all of the resources for a single episode/arc. And who knows if the current staff of animators would necessarily even have the skills to tackle a completely different photorealistic style like that.

3. aldrestjedimaster

aldrestjedimaster Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    I would love to see one but I have to agree with Taradosgon

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It might be better if a special based on TOR is aired in the realistic Bioware trailer animation.

5. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Delusional people?

Besides, those aren't Bioware produced cutscenes. Those are from Blur Studio, that Lucasarts contracted to make the trailers for The Old Republic.

6. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Yep. Blur rules. I love the work they did on the Knights Contract video... If they ever did anything with Star Wars beyond game-trailers I would want them to do a mini-movie showcasing Zannah versus Bane on Ambria.

7. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Seconds after engaging in a battle that leaves them splattered in the gore of their enemies, Anakin and Ahsoka could stand around and politely discuss their back stories.

Darth_Zandalor likes this.
  8. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Been playing Dragon Age lately?

9. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    I think it might be too jarring to do a TCW episode with this animation style because it just look a little too different I think.

On the other hand, if they took all the LAS scripts and animated them instead, this would be the style I'd love to see them in.

10. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    If the graphics of TCW were of the same level as the graphics of the trailers of TOR (or the graphics of the cutscenes of TFU), I would still be watching TCW.

11. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    I stand corrected on the source of the trailers...

I actually got started thinking about this question after watching the "Hope of Alderaan" trailer:

This segment just screamed "Clone Wars" at me.

Me too.

Senator Kelberry likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.