main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Who is going to AMC and what do we want to do?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    This is who I know is going to one of the midnight showings at Oakview. Craig, Darla, Kurt, Jake, Yatchie, Jeff, and myself.
    And I know some of us will be bringing others. So if your going to Oakview, and are not listed here, let us know.

Secondly, what do we want to do before hand, and when do we want to meet? Are we still up to try the "tailgate" party?

Finally, this is covered in another thread, but just to remind people. Costumes? If you have one, gonna wear it?

2. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'm too old, too chubby, and too broke to have a costume. I will wear my OFF t-shirt, though. I'm thinking that some of us need to get there early in the day, in order to get in, and secure us a block of seats, so that we can all sit together. I'm willing to go there early and sit all afternoon, although I think we'd need one more person, in order for this to work. I doubt that I can talk my brother-in-law into doing so. Is anyone who has the day off willing to stop by and bring me lunch, and tag off, in order to give me a potty break? As for the pre-line festivities, I've suggested a weinnie-n-burger roast and/or watching some of the movies. But if all you wanna do is sit next to a truck and have sandwiches and cheap beer, then I guess that'll be okay too.

Kurt, how many pieces of that armor prevent you from sitting? Is it just the buttocks portion, or is it a combination of pieces? Maybe you should just go into the bathroom, and take off said pieces just before the movie. It would really suck to have to stand all afternoon and evening until 2 am. And Mark, I think boB and Mrs. boB have tickets too.

3. Dawmer299

Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Wolfie and I will both be going

4. MrSoze

MrSoze Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2002
    Greetings!

I will be there for sure. I'd be glad to stay all day, and would be willing to wait with anyone. Do we know what time they are actually going to let us in the theatre? Are we going to be in line all day, or in the owners going to let us sit in an empty theatre? I would think they'll want to play other movies throughout the day. Regardless, whatever anybody wants to do, I'll be up for it. I'll have some props, but no costume.

Yours in the Force,
    Rick Poehling

5. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    Well, using Phantom Menace as a guide, they(AMC) won't let anyone on the property until 6 am that morning. They will have those rope thingies outside, in order to divide up the lines, and they will not let us into the theaters themselves until 9pm. Once you stake out your seat, you'll sit there until midnight. Yep, for three whole hours. If you want to wait with me, cool. We can make plans to do so. Maybe we could car pool it.

6. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    I'll be there in stormtrooper costume with 2 friends. They will not be in costume. I'm all for a tailgate party or something of that sort. I would suggest nothing difficult. Sandwiches and beer/soda seems like about as complicated as I'd want to go. I can bring my laptop if needed and have all 4 movies in widescreen.

7. Max_Rebo_19

Max_Rebo_19 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    Thanks to the 3rd showing I'd love to join you guys. Though due to my last final for the year, I won't be able to make it there until about 7:00 that night. Well, and since I don't have a costume, I'd love to get a OFF shirt if there are still any available!!!!!

Nathan Bates

8. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Well I'm sure we wont be too hard to find! Just look for the stormtroopers and Jedi....oh, and the slave girl too! And those that dont have costumes will more then likely be wearing their OFF shirts.

9. UncleOwen1138

UncleOwen1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2001
    OFF Shirts are still available. E-mail me (uncleowen1138@cs.com) for info.

boB

10. sith_itch

sith_itch Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    Yeah, tailgate party/picnic sounds fun. HyVee is right there if we run out of anything, or forget anything. Also, much safer for those of us in flammable costumes.

11. The_Wampa

The_Wampa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2001
    Too bad I don't live in Omaha. Just live in the small town of Burwell. :(

12. sithapprenticeofgab

sithapprenticeofgab Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2002
    me and the lovely Mara will be there. With the midnight showing what time are we getting there?

13. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    The soonest I can be there is around 9:30. Gotta wait for the youngling to go to sleep.

14. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    What time do we "officially" want to start gathering?

First, vracer, what time you plan on being there? I'm off so I can spell ya some, too.

I would think as early as people would want to show up.

As far as our "party" goes, does anyone have one of those small, portable mini-grills, or a camping grill? We could use that to cook on. And if anyone has a small fire extinguisher bring that, to show to those who would think we are being reckless.
    Kinda do it like one of our pot lucks, everybody bring a little something and we just enjoy! Remember Hy-Vee is right there, so you can wait till the last minute, lol.

As far as time, how is 7-8'ish?

15. yatchie

yatchie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    Not exactly sure what time I'll be there. I got the day off from one of my jobs but I still got to work a little at my other job. I was thinking about showing up around 6-7 pm. I think that should be early enough. I'm all for a cook out. Considering that I cooked 12 slabs of ribs for a party this weekend I"m pretty burned out on cooking. I will have 2 other people that will be with me.

Dan

16. TK-507

TK-507 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2002
    An Imperial spy has informed me that there may be a certain member of the OFF in "Leia Slave Girl/Dancer" outfit. As a representative of the Empire, I feel it is my duty to guard her from the "scum and villiany" of Oak View 24.

Therefore, I shall reserve a seat in my row, or give my seat to her.

Did I pay attention during the Academy's ETIQUETTE 101 class ...or what? ;)

See you on Wednesday!

17. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    Well, this is what I'm planning. I'm going down there as soon as I possibly can. I'm going to call AMC, and ask what their policy is as far as lining up is. If they allow it, I'll be there around 6 or 7 am!!! I'm going early, becasue I remember the lines for phantom menace. I hope that someone else is willing to show up early, and sit early with me, becuase on Friday MEESA SCORED!!!! Yep, I scored a pass from Z92!!! I won a pass for two to a 7:30pm showing on wed, the 15th!!! Actually, it's not entirely what Z92 promised. It's one of those "we gave out 600 passes, and the seating is only 300, so get there early, or you're screwed" type of things. That's why I'm hoping you guys are going to show up. I'm thinking around 6-6:30 pm, the Z92 people are going to show up, and start letting the "pass" people in. That would mean me and my lucky guest will be let in to the preview, and that means some other people will need to be there in line early in order to secure the club seats. Otherwise, we'll all be split all over the theater. And, yes, I plan to see it again, once I get out of the preview (assuming I even get in!).

And, now for the fun part! Convince me why I should select you to go with me! [face_devil]

Grovel!
    Brownnose!
    Buttkiss!!
    Convince me to choose you !

Let the games begin! [face_devil] [face_devil]

18. TK-507

TK-507 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2002
    Sounds like the local Stormtroopers better make an appearance at Journal Broadcasting one morning this week.

Congrats on the tickets. That's awesome! :)

19. herasheo

herasheo Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    Hey "That awful vracer":

I will be there early in the morning. I am driving in from Lincoln. I know that seeing Star Wars in a Quality theatre is the most important thing. And there is not one quality theatre that stands up to AMC in Lincoln. So you can count me there to keep you company.

herasheo

20. corranhornjje

Jun 9, 2001
    I move that we show up at 6 pm with our gamefaces on and get ready for some munchin and stuff. ;) I'll be there at 6.

21. herasheo

herasheo Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    has anybody really talked to the AMC people to find out what they will allow? When is it o.k. for us to line up? and where exactly do they want us to line up? For "Phantom" I was at Indian Hills (RIP) and it was easy to line up in front. but with AMC I don't know the specifics.

thank you
    herasheo

22. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    I'll be there off and on all day checking in with vracer and company. Later in the afternoon I have to make a trip to Lincoln and back to pick up my companion, so I dont know what time I will arrive for good, but I too will arrive in character ready to go! I will also bring along the new games in case anyone is interested.

Anyone know what they're bringing for food yet? Or do we want to all chip in for pizza and soda? Ideas, suggestions?

23. MrSoze

MrSoze Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2002
    Greetings!

I can be there all day, provided I can get a pick up. I'd be glad to keep vracer company along with you, herasheo.

Speaking of with, is this the same herasheo that waited with us at Indian Hills? Starkiller, Magrat, myself? If so, good to see you again, brother!

Anyway, if anybody can come into downtown Omaha to pick me up, I'll be there all day long, glad to keep you all company. I'll probably bring sandwiches, since I'm pretty broke, but we'll see. Let me know on the board, and I'll contact whoever.

Yours in the Force,
    Rick Poehling

24. corranhornjje

Jun 9, 2001
    MrSoze I could probably pick you up tomorrow. I need to go to Epply to get some tickets and could easily swing by and get you on the way back. You'll have to provide some really good directions though as I'm terrible at finding my way around downtown. Email me or give me a call if you'd like. I'll PM you my number but my email is corranhornjje@hotmail.com. Talk with you sooner rather than later. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.