main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is Mara Jade's father?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by EmpressMara, Sep 9, 2001.

?

Who is Mara Jade's father?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. an unknown Jedi Knight

43.5%
  2. Obi-Wan Kenobi

15.3%
  3. Palpatine

9.4%
  4. other

31.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimama

Jedimama Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 1999
    Out of curiosity... why does everyone assume Mara must have gotten her Force powers from her father..?
    Why not her mother..?
    The Solo kids have a non-jedi father and they are all quite strong.
    I still maintain that Mara's father was just some normal guy. Her mom was either a Jedi or at least an individual with untapped Jedi potential.
    Femme power! :D

2. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Mr Green.
    Husband to Mrs Green.
    15 Starview Avenue
    Vanicus City
    Agamar

Worked as a chartered accountant by day and as a male stripagram at night.
    Had a great grandmother who said she knew a Jedi one, but how well she knew the Jedi was a sensitive issule with his great grandfather.

Or that's my theory...I wait for an author to disprove it (because then we'll know).

3. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I mean Siri Tachi. Gallia is not her last name.

4. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    Maybe luke can convince Mara,to bring back her memories of her long lost parents.

5. ShadowChaser

ShadowChaser Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2001
    Heh heh, that didn't work too keenly with Leia.

But seriously, the only reason why I say it was a Jedi is it's more interesting that way. Sure, it could have been anyone in the galaxy I spose, but it's more fun to try and decide which of the Jedi Council is the lucky father. ;)

Oh, and Siri Tachi? Really, that's her name? I know of a Greek singer by the name of Syrataki, wonder if that's where Lucas got the idea for that name.

6. RNolan

RNolan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2000
    I think it was Palpatine.

Yours

7. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    Palps found her. Obiwan cant be because of an ep 2 spoiler. Why cant she just be some force powerful kid? or a jedis daughter who was killed during the war. Why does eveything in SW have to be connected.

8. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    What ??? In EPII we learn Obi-Wan is sterile ???? OMG !

9. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    Hopefully we'll never know.

10. AthyraFire

AthyraFire Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2001
    personally i hope we never find out who Mara's parents are. it keeps her mysterious. there's entirely too much digging and prying into characters' backgrounds as it is.

11. Anakin SkySolo

Anakin SkySolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    Who was Mara Jade's father?

Mr. Brie, of course!

12. RHJediKnight

RHJediKnight Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2001
    Personally I think it should stay as a mystery; and why does the father have to matter anyway? Not that I'm a supporter of feminism, but that sounds kinda biased to me. Ah well. Hopefully they won't ever reveal it.

Although it would be kinda interesting if it *was* Obi-Wan...way to go, Kenobi!

13. Darth Tuna

Darth Tuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 1999
    Tim Zahn was her father, of course. To fully appreciate his talents, read the Conqueror trilogy!

14. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    I am of the opinion that either...

a) Palpy *is* her father, though I kind of doubt this in favour of....

b) Mara's father was a jedi knight hunted down and killed in the purges. Palpatine ordered the deaths of all jedi offspring SAVE for a few (or perhaps just one) which he took on as his student/s from before they were self-aware.

15. MaceWinducannotdie

Aug 31, 2001
    Mara, I am your father! And your stepfather! And the guy who built your lightsaber!

Seriously, I dunno, it could be the aliens, Bill Mulder, or the cigarette man.

16. Zyphyr

Zyphyr Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2001
    I have no idea about this spoiler that indicates Obi-Wan can't be Mara's father. What, is he gay? (Could explain that whistful look in his eye when he told look that Anikan was '...a good friend'. Argh! Don't go there!)

Personally I think it'd be a little silly if Obi-Wan turned out to be her father, or for that matter if it was Palpatine. As they said in the MAD Magazine parody (paraphrasing here because I don't have it handy): '...Leia, you are my sister. And Vader is our father. And R2D2 in our old trash can. And Chewie was our dog...' Luckily Han and Leia could still get married because they were only rumoured to be second cousins :)

I mean, just how incestuous are the Jedi anyway? Is THAT the spoiler for Ep II??? Please tell me it isn't so!

17. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    I still think 'Vader's Kids Syndrome' prevails here.
    Someone before said Palps kidnapped Mara. Another said he had Papa Jade and Mama Jade murdered. Either way, that strengthens my case. Bail Organa was Leia's 'dad'. And Uncle Beru and Aunt Owen were Luke's 'parents'.
    So, I think Palps is the dad.
    And that dude in the robes is just some sychophant guy, an Imperial Dignitary.

18. EmpressMara

EmpressMara Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2001
    Hey everybody, when I started this thread it wasn't meant to sound sexist. I think Mara could have inherited sensitivity to the Force from her mother as well as her father. I like the idea of Mara's mom being a Jedi. The poll is about who Mara's dad might be because there have been fanfics suggesting Palpy and Obi-Wan as possible dads. I just wanted to see what the fans here at TF.N think about all this. If both of her parents were Jedi that would be cool, but it seems unlikely that we'd see them in Episode III. Unfortunately, there's an Episode II spoiler that seems to indicate that married Jedi couples did not exist in that period of galactic history. :( I'm glad Luke and Mara and the other couples of the NJO have started a new tradition of married Jedi.

19. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    <<I have no idea about this spoiler that indicates Obi-Wan can't be Mara's father. What, is he gay? (Could explain that whistful look in his eye when he told look that Anikan was '...a good friend'. Argh! Don't go there!)
    >>

LOL. No. It's actually a small spoiler, but it can't be said here. It has to do with the Jedi Code, however.

20. MaceWinducannotdie

Aug 31, 2001
    Although numerous fanfics have been written about Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

21. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    I'm opting for other so I can place my opinion here "Who cares?!". I mean Zahn designed her to be 'mysterious' too. I never got the idea that mysterious meant 'cool' as Genghis has said before.

22. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    Oh sister brother, uncle this that Anakin is threepios creator (NOT a coincidence. check that thread out in PSA, but still) evryones connected and related. Its giving me a headache. If obi wan is her father i will build a noose (for Jar-Jar). but he cant be because nsa.

23. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    I honestly think that one of her parents is a jedi, but we will never know, and that is good, because i like it being mysterious...makes life more interesting.

24. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Makes life less interesting if people keep bringing it up. :p

25. Muke_Skywalker

Muke_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2000
    Darth Vader! As the old saying go's, "incest is best put your sister to the test!" ;) Old hat for Luke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.