main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is the greatest US President in modern history?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by The Gatherer, Jun 25, 2001.

?

Who is the greatest US President in modern history?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. George W. Bush

13.2%
  2. William Jefferson Clinton III

31.2%
  3. George Bush

0.8%
  4. Ronald Reagan

27.3%
  5. Jimmy Carter

3.4%
  6. Gerald Ford

0.8%
  7. Richard Nixon

1.8%
  8. Lyndon B. Johnson

1.0%
  9. John F. Kennedy

17.0%
  10. Dwight D. Eisenhower

3.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
  2. Lott_Dod

Lott_Dod Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2001
    I'll have to go with Ronald Reagan on this one. He was one of the most popular.

3. keiran_helcyan

keiran_helcyan Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 1999
    I would have said Truman for his great foreign policies, or FDR for just being a great hope giving human being. But out of the choices I choose Carter, he was a nice human being, had good morals, and humble beginings. Too bad so much **** happened during his presidency.

4. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    You forgot FDR. That's who I would have voted for, if he was on the poll.

5. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    Yes, FDR even though that was a little earlier and for sure Carter...he was such a good human being.

6. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    FDR is not in the poll, because the poll is for the Presidents of the modern era.

7. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    Isn't the entire u.s history "modern history?" Just being nitpicky. I voted reagan but would've rathered any of the founding fathers or abe.

8. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    I voted for George W, simply because he'll be getting most of his imports from abroad now that he's in office! [face_laugh]

9. Erin Kenobi

Erin Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2000
    I'd have voted for FDR - he's modern era.

10. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Modern era . . . I mean the last 50 years. FDR first came to office in the 30's . . . I don't consider that too modern! :)

11. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Sorry, FDR is not recent enough to be considered modern in this case. For modern, Clinton it is.

12. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    Popularity does not make a great president. Reagan was a conservative hack. A spokesperson for the people really making hte decisions and one who almost singlehandedly destroyed the future by preserving the present.

13. Dagger

Dagger Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 1999
    I, too, would have voted for FDR. Instead, it went to JFK.

14. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    FDR or Truman

But for this poll I voted for Clinton

15. Rapture-X

Rapture-X Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2001
    I voted Gerald R. Ford, he got the nation when it was in a mess and made it a lot better.

16. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    Ford made it better? Are you forgetting the oil crisis that Mr. Carter inherited from him?

Ford was just good for laughs.

17. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    I can't believe so many people voted for Cinton. That man was the worst president we've ever had, and it shows just how far this country has fallen.

18. Lott_Dod

Lott_Dod Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2001
    My sentiments exactly Jedi_Hood.

19. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
  20. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

For all those people who voted for Carter -- friendliness and humble beginnings do not a great president make. Were any of you alive during the Carter Administration? Geez...

For all those people who voted for Clinton -- perjury, obstruction of justice, and the largest tax increase in history do not a great prsident make. The historians will not be kind to Mr. Clinton.

For all those people who voted for Kennedy -- you may have a decent argument there, but I bet the reasons I like him and the resons you like him are very different. I hate to break it to you guys, but Kennedy was pretty conservative, especially fiscally, contrary to what Brother Teddy seems to think nowadays. If you liked Kennedy, you'll love George W. Bush.

For all those people who voted for FDR -- Why? Because he expanded government to encompass so much that the founding fathers would've sooner moved back to England than support him? World War II ended the Depression, not FDR.

I like Truman. He was President during a very turbulent time, and we came out of it a superpower.

Eisenhower really didn't do anything, and that's what a President is supposed to do. Well, he did do a few things. He quietly oversaw the US military build-up that deterred the Soviet Union from laying waste to American cities.

Reagan. A conservative hack? That's a little harsh, KR. He practically ended Communism across the globe. [liberal whining]But he ran up the debt![/liberal whining] Uhhh... that was you guys. Remember, Democrats had both houses of Congress for six of his eight years. Congress spends the money. Really they do. It's in the Constitution. The money spent on the military ended the Soviet Union and kept America from becoming a radioactive wasteland. The money the Democrats spent on social programs ended dispair, racism, poverty, the health care "crisis," discrimination, and general unfairness in this country. Oh wait. No it didn't.

Reagan gets my vote, because he respected the office, the Constitution, and America.

AYBABTU

21. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Reagan got my vote. But I liked FDR, Truman, Teddy, Abe, Jefferson, Adams, and Washington. John Hancock and Ben Franklin were good, too bad they never became president.

Clinton, my misguided friends, is a murderer, liar, draft-dodger, pot-head who had the balls to burn an American flag. He thought with his dick, not his head. How could anybody you respect have an affair with his intern. Epecially with a daughter. He diminished an already tarnished International image of America. The fact that he got off the hook the many times he did shows how shattered the American justice system is. He wasn't the one who did the good things. He destroyed the American military juggernaut, ending thousands of promising careers from many enlisted and officers, and allowing them to slip into poverty. His Israel peace treaty did great, too. Then he goes and risks American lives against Iraq to draw attention off his fun in the shack out back. Guess who got the economy boomed, businesses. He had no control over that. Unlike Bush, he is not in league with the oilers.
    If you like HIM, you're brain dead.

Bring back the Whigs!!!

22. Naga-Sadow

Naga-Sadow Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2001
    Innapropriate. No swearing..

23. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    Errr...You might want to edit that.

24. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

[sarcasm]Truly inspired commentary Naga-Sadow. Thanks for your "enlightened" contribution.[/sarcasm]

AYBABTU

25. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    clinton stinks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.