main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Who Wants to help with ESB Revisited?! XD

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    list the things you need, and we'll see what we can help you with?

also, have you picked out a snowy place yet? I know a place near Truckee that would be great. (long flat snow fields)

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Copy Blu Ray... I'll compile a list and post it here in a while. Thank you bro.

I want to make it clear that this is strictly voluntary. Anyone who's in this will be for all intensive purposes filming a fan film. I've already dedicated my own money in to buying things, but that's me. As I've already said I'm in it all the way with no regrets. "All in" as it were. I know there are possible reservations here and that is why I have not taken action to requesting help officially from other organizations to keep them at a safe distance from us and this op.

However, for me, this is a call to action I can not ignore. Adywan is doing this for the fans and it is that action that I highly admire and consider even heroic. The honest truth is that this does indeed fly in the face of the "legitimate organization" that we all know of. The very essence of rebellion sort to speak.

Therefore, as Rogue Leader, I throw my lot in with Adywan and will help him with every resource I have. Sometimes it's fine to settle and compromise... but it has never been in me to do that... and for Star Wars, I can NEVER do that. For those who help in this, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. For those who abstain from action here, I will understand. Time to do the impossible...:cool:

May the Force be with us. :)

3. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Things needed for ESB Revisited

Priority things needed:
    -1 pair of Hoth Rebel soilder boots Men?s size 10-10.5 (this is interchanged with the Hoth X-wing boots)
    -1 pair of size Large Hoth whitish/light grey gloves (this is interchanged with the Hoth X-wing boots)
    -1 set of Hoth goggles
    -1 Hoth Rebel soilder backpack (may improv this out of cardboard and creative work with duct tape and paint?)
    -1 Blastech A280 Blaster Rifle? this is also similar to the blaster rifle use on Endor as well.

Things IP (In Progress):
    -X-wing/Snowspeeder jacket (need the fabric for this, orange upholstery-class heavy nylon? 6 yards but I know someone who may want to buy another so maybe 12 yards, yes I found a costumer for one already in Malaysia? Don?t ask how that happened, long story.). Anyone know the weight, texture, and weave of the original material?

Things that I know people have that we can borrow/steal:
    -Luke Skywalker?s ESB hilt or a hilt of similar shape that dangles (not the covertec)
    -X-wing ejector straps? (yeah yeah yeah? cut the chatter?)
    -Luke?s ESB X-wing helmet (mine is close but the Rebel crests are black. Since it?s a distant shot it may not matter though and by ESB his Rebel crest on his helmet are super banged up and near unrecognizable?)

Thing needed by the new year to do the shots:
    -A film crew willing to go up to a snowy location to shot people running around in Hoth gear. Our very own battle of Hoth! XD Could make a weekend out of it? Ski/snowboard n stuff. =)

-A HD camera that can film shots at 1080P who can burn DVDs or give up an SD card with all the shots.

-A Hoth location (Rebel Troop shots and MAYBE X-wing pilot shots)

-A blue screen (X-wing pilot shots only)

Things we have:
    -Various X-wing pilot stuffs? I think we?re good on all the standard X-wing gear
    -Rebel snow trooper outfit (scored an awesome deal on Ebay!).

The scenes:
    Scene 1: After Luke crashes his snowspeeder into the snow he takes out a walker with a portable harpoon launcher, his lightsaber, and a concussion grenade. The shot Adywan wants is a distance shot of Luke getting back up and running off again.

Scene 2: When Blizzard Group?s AT-AT?s are in range of the power generators that protect the base, General Veer target?s them at ?maximum fire power?. The shot is a redo of the shield generator blowing up but this time the camera will be closer to the shield generator as it blows and Rebel troopers are seen retreating. Adywan has reconstructed the shield generator from scratch and needs a shot of the Rebel troopers fleeing for their lives. Yes, I know? very unSpartan. Lol?

Time over Run
    Timing is critical for any production. Adywan would love to have this wrapped this up by the end of Dec but he'll settle for the shots to be over there by Feb.

Battle Plan
    I propose we finish getting all the gear by the new year and then do some kind of trip to the snow in January to get the shots. Adywan will relay instructions on what he wants exactly in terms of action and filming. I was thinking Tahoe if people wanna make a weekend out of it (I had a friend who has a Cabin he rents out which is really awesome) or just go with Blu Ray's suggested location for a fun day shoot. Either way is fine. This shouldn't take very long over all as the action is rather simple. Mainly a lot of running around on flat snowy surfaces and such in which a lot of it can be fixed in post. Adywan is VERY good in post. ;) Alright, that is all!

4. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    at some point in time, I recommend we communication via e-mail for Opsec (operation security)

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Security suggestion filed and agreed with Blu Ray... For those who are in, PM me. If you wanna support us via "undergrounds" means it'll be much appreciated as well. We will disavow any knowledge of such activities. [face_whistling] Thanks all.

We will occasionally update this thread just to share progress but nothing else other than that from this point on. Rogue Leader out. ;)

6. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    [image=http://davidlenihan.com/site_files/windows_live_writer/TFULaunchAtBestBuy_10D00/P1010865.jpg]

LOL! I was looking for Hoth Soilder reference pics on Google and look who's walking past in the back! hehehe...

7. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    OMG OMG OMG! Adywan is putting stuff Hoth stuff together to send to ME! OMG OMG OMG! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

8. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I was watching Attack of The Show, and they showed a guy in Sacramento named Scott Holden, who made a costume of a Hoth soldier riding a Tauntaun! =D=

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Unbelievable_Custom_Tauntaun_Costume_127736.asp

9. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I posted that in the "Disturbingly Funny SW Stuff" Thread a couple days ago. :p

10. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    Got you beat Ming, I posted it in the Halloween thread 10 days ago :)

11. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Oh yeah?! *PEW!* I shot first! :p

12. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    [image=http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs099.snc3/16636_221579773956_512393956_4275850_4815542_n.jpg]

This is much harder than it looks... Need a white gun belt and those googles... Everything else is accounted for or being fabricated at the moment. Hmm...

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I believe someone on RL was/is going to make those backpacks, because I think they're also the backpacks used by the Endor Commandos in ROTJ. As for the goggles, those were custom-made for the film.

14. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Actually not concerned about the backpack. Adywan is on it. XD Costum-made huh... that'll make it more interesting then... hmmm...

15. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Gee, it only came to my attention in a round about way like, two days ago, that someone wondered why I was not helping them... I think... I'm not sure... find extras to be in the film? I didn't know anyone wanted me to help with a man hunt? I'm still not even sure if they want that?

I'm trying to decipher this thread and read between the lines. If you are looking for people to make the Rebel troopers snow costumes and have not gotten enough SFFF members to do it (since the post and request was made here), have you tried a) contacting the CR of Sac Rogue force? Maybe they have memberes who would like to be part of this b) do you want me to put out a message to people I know outside of SFFF to see if they feel like making this costume and have free time in December/January for this with the holidays (ahem) going on?

It would have helped greatly if I were given an e-mail detailing what "I" was supposed to do. *sigh* I have not read this thread since it started and I made my post on 11/3. I figured I couldn't play Luke and didn't have time to make a costume so I left it and have been busy with my life.

So I re-read this. I don't have a blue screen, I don't have a video camera, I don't have a Hoth costume and I don't even know anyone with a Hoth costume. I'm just of no use for this project and don't have time to make a costume for it. It's not that I don't care or don't approve of the project as some assumed since I've been absent. I just, uh, have a busy life and don't keep up with SFFF boards as often as the rest of you. I wish you all the best and hope you have fun. Sounds cool that SFFF gets to be invovled with ESB revisited and we'll get to freeze frame the movie and say 'there's Ming!' Congrats dude! Rushing together costumes is never easy, I feel for you man... but getting to be in the movie will be cool for you.

16. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    lol forget about it Kat. The impossible is what I do best. I got it covered... Oh and since I was the only one asking for help it doesn't really make it anonymous by saying "someone". lol... Anyway, I think my last pm explained why I operated the way I did. As does this line on 11/14:

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Just got some of my Hoth gear! It'll do the job... XD My guns arrived too. Airsoft makes some flimsy gun... I'm heavily modding an airsoft AK-74... and I even added a laser sight and a blue light that work! :cool:

Will update the things needed list soon.

18. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999

Ming, not to derail a bit, but, I know you have the time to concentrate on this, but I thought you were watching your spending. Hope you aren't sacrificing a lot, financially, that is.

19. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Eh... thanks for the concern Matty... I didn't know you cared. :* haha...

Hmm... let me see... collective current expenditure on resources thus far:
    1 x Airsoft AK-74: $20
    1 x laser sight attachment: Free with purchase of another airsoft
    1 x cheapy Hoth gear that would look decent at range: $25
    6 x 1 yrds heavy waterproof nylon for the X-wing Hoth jacket: $8/yard = $48 (but I haven't bought that yet)

To become utterly legendary in the best version of the best Star Wars movie forever: PRICELESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Heh... so for about $100... I get to be in the most ultimate version of ESB ever and become more legendary than I already am. ;)

Yes there's other material and such I need but I am a master at procurement for rock bottom prices or nothing at all. Also Adywan is MAKING stuff for the shoot and will send it to me personally. How awesome is that? Among those items are the Hoth rebel trooper backpack, the gloves, and the boots which the last two are interchangeable with the Hoth X-wing gear AND Hoth Reb solider.

Yeah, financially it's spending that I should not normally do (I mean, obviously I don't need another costume nor do I ever have the hankering to make them...) but to do this... it was a call I could not ignore. This is epic... This is legendary... and THIS IS SPARTA! Oh wait... no it's not but like Sparta this utterly glorious. However, it is more than just glory... I go to fight for something that is epic in SW quality and to do something for someone who believes like I do that LFL has let the quality of the SW universe decline because it's just not something he's hungry for anymore (fatty and hutty if anything).

Lucas is totally visionary and has changed the face of movies forever but he honestly doesn't even know his own saga anymore and the things he does now are questionable at best which is directly tied in with the bottom line. I took my LFL blinders off a couple years ago after the PT and such... It bothers me to no end and to an extent now, it still does, because I was the first person to always come to LFLs defense. Now... like is states in the Journal of the Whills: It was never an external enemy that could harm what was once the great and vast Galactic Republic but the mighty tree that was the Republic rotted from with in. (and yes Blu Ray, that is... well... ONLY MY OPINION. Just to head you off at the pass there my friend.)

Anyway... sorry for going off course a lil there Matty, hope that answered your query. :cool:

Oh and one more thing. :D I maybe watching my spending but I am not without resources and powerful allies... resources are just not as bottomless as they use to be. Besides, the impossible is what I do best and so this is something right up my alley. ;) Time to do the impossible for all the fans.

20. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within"
    -Will Durant (1885-1981)

21. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    What he said... ;)

22. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    kinda reminds me of a certain country right now...

23. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I'm not touching that one with a dual-phase lightsaber... I don't like politics. :p

24. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    [image=http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs119.snc3/16636_230252293956_512393956_4341191_175359_n.jpg]
    Behold my awesomeness/new toy! The Blastech A-280 blaster rifle! err... kinda!

I need to add the stalk still and paint over the orange tip. :D Also as a point of interest... I added a working laser sight and blue light to the top:

[image=http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs119.snc3/16636_230252278956_512393956_4341190_7819362_n.jpg]

Bonus update! The orange bolt the gun is resting on above is the lighter nylon for my Hoth X-wing jacket! :D

25. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.