main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Who's doing the midnight toy thing?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, Feb 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Apparently TRU said they will open at midnight again to sell AOTC figures. Now, there is no official word from our local TRU's, but I would expect them to follow suit.

So who's with me? Lets do this as a group, maybe increase our odds a little. We have a while to plan yet. And by the way, the sneak preview fig ships March 1st, so just over a week to go!

2. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
  3. Hunter_Killer_Droid

Hunter_Killer_Droid Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2002
    Last year me and my friends went to Kay Bee Toys at the Southroads - there were only 5 other people there. Kay Bee had every Kenner TPM that was released that night. We were able to get everything we wanted. Just a suggestion or alternative to the long TRU lines.

4. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    ummmm......NO!

LOSER!

J/K but I won't be going. I'm not a figure/toy man at heart. I'm Hasbro boycotter. :) They own Wizards of the Coast and they have the CCG rights now and LFL flushed Decipher down the toilet. Plus they just oversaturate the market. I hope they don't make that mistake again. I don't think they will. Hope you kiddes have fun. :)

5. corranhornjje

Jun 9, 2001
    ACTUALLY.......... I do wanna go. ;) I'd like to pick up the micromachine sets as soon as possible so I don't resort to ebay like I have in the past. So clue me in on anything you guys get planned.

6. TK-507

TK-507 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2002
    Okay, here's my opinion on the whole midnight/Hasbro thing.

Conrad and I went to the last midnight TRU figure sale. We bought tons of stuff in the excitement of it all. (It WAS fun, mind you) Then, two days later, the same figures were STOCKED like crazy at every store imaginable.

Hasbro is not producing for the collectors. They are ONLY interested in BULK sales. To appease the collectors, they will make "variations" or "mistakes" to boost sales.

Every figure I saw at the midnight sale (12" Darth Maul excluded) was on eBay the following week CHEAPER than the shelf price.

Now ...Am I going to the midnight sale at TRU on Dodge? Hell, Yes! I wouldn't miss it!

TK-507

7. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Actually, they are supposed to have learned from the red wave of '99 and we are supposed to see less product this time around. According to Hasbro, they are only going to make 6000 Jedi Starfighters, guess we dont all deserve one. And if the last two waves of figures are any indicator, we here are SCREWED!! Seeing how the final POTJ wave is supposed to be out now, but we have yet to see the previous wave.....plus there are EP 1 figures that never made it here either....Sorry, my little rant there. I would rather see too much, than too little.

8. TK-507

TK-507 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2002
    Sounds like another opportunity for us to wear our Stormtrooper armor, no?

Who else will join us in costume?

TK-507

9. corranhornjje

Jun 9, 2001
    I'd be up for that Kurt as long as someone would help me that isn't in costume to get the stuff I want. :)

10. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    Can anybody point me to a website with pictures, so I can see what's coming out? If there is anything I want, I might join you.

11. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Both Rebelscum and TFN did a thing on the NYC 2002 Toy Fair, where a lot of the upcoming AOTC toys were previewed. I would also check Hasbro's site.

12. UncleOwen1138

UncleOwen1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2001
    Is TRU doing it this year? My wife was at the one on Dodge to day, and they had no idea about it. Doesn't mean they aren't though. Is it supposed to be tonight at midnight or tomorrow at midnight?

13. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Its not tonight or the next. No midnight opening for the preview figs. They should be hitting stores in the next week or two. The midnight opening will be when all the first wave of AOTC merchandise hits the stores, which I believe (though i could be wrong) is in April..

Edit: Ok, according to what I found, April 23 is the official street date for the toys. So we would be lining up on the 22nd. Plenty of time to plan.

14. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    I was at the Dodge St TRU tonight and talked to one of the managers (as I was buying my Imperial Officer, Decoy Amidala and Rebel Fleet trooper hehe :D ) and he said that they were planning on doing the midnight thing again. AND that they were the most productive store of the 3 in the area (oakview, cb) and he expected them to get the most merchandise. Sooooo, I think we might want to head to Dodge. I let him know who I represented and he was interested in us. I just may be back there a few more times between now and then and see what I can work out for the OFF. So ya never know......

15. TK750

TK750 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    I am currently planning on going. I hate to pass up an opportunity to spend money. Also, if enough people really are doing it, I will wear my scout armor as well. Hope to see you all there.

TB-750
    John Jaeckel

16. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I'm hoping to go, but it's all going to depend on the money situation so we'll see.

17. Dawmer299

Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Im with Craig... I have to wait and see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.