main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who's up for Jedi-Con?

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by Obi Anne , Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Deleted the request.

I think us from Sweden are arriving around 10 in the morning on Friday (early morning flight [face_coffee])

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    [Skywalker] Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/S]
    :(

I just found out that one of my assessed palaeontology fieldworks has been changed for early Easter holidays instead of two weeks later as it should have been! :( [face_worried] :( Basically, I would be returning to London on Saturday 22nd, afternoon probably. :(

And I already bought the ticket!!!! :_|:_|:_| It is Block F as well! I can't believe this!
    I emailed Jedi-Con earlier and it looks like I will be able to get a refund, but that's not the point. I was really looking forward to this.

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Oh no! :eek:

I was so looking forward to meet you again! :_|

Is there nothing what can be done, so you could go?? :(

4. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I would skip this fieldwork, but the main problem is it is one of the those which will be marked. :(
    I will be returning on Saturday, but even if I get on the plane it will be awhile till I get to the actual place, I wouldn't see much of the convention.

I was really looking forward to everyone again too. :(

Unfair! :_| And I have/had the ticket!

5. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    can't you talk to them, saying you booked a trip? It's less than a month now so they shouldn't be surprised if they get in the way of a few plans, especially trips to another country

6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I don't understand how they can have a marked trip on Easter. Sure Europe is quite secular, but there are still quite a lot of people who take Easter seriously for religious reason.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    They could be taking advantage of the long weekend. Good Friday and Easter Monday are UK holidays (as they are in most of Europe). But I agree that Amon should try to make a case for already having booked a trip out of the country and spent money for tickets.

8. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    That is the most annoying thing; officially, the fieldwork ends on evening of Friday 21st, before the actual Easter weekend.
    But there is no way for me to get back to civilization until Saturday, when the coach is organized to take us to London.
    I talked to my course organizer today, and 2 other people complained because of the religious reasons and he said that 'we will have the time to go to the Easter dinner with family on Sunday' so we shouldn't complain, but that he would still think about it till next Tuesday.
    The worst thing is that this is one of the 2 essential fieldworks on my year and I think they believe people should cancel everything else instead. They did say they are 'sorry for the inconvenience caused', but that doesn't help much.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Can you get a refund on your plane tickets if you've bought them already? If not I'd be after the school to help you out there since you had made the plans prior to the change.

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I agree with Laj. It's not nice what the school is doing and they should help you out!

I cross my fingers for you that they find a good solution!

11. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Oh no! I hope everything works out for you. :( [:D]

12. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Thanks for the support everyone.
    I can get a refund on tickets, but I'm not canceling anything yet, until I talk to my professor again on Tuesday.

13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    *crosses fingers tightly*

14. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    For setting upt the FF Table, I got two free tickets. One is still up for grabs, since memebers GSFF already had their tickets. So if there is a member of FFEurope which could not come because of the costs, but could afford with the free ticket, please speak up. [face_batting]
    Would be a shame to let it go to waste.:(

15. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I talked to my professor and undergraduate tutor again yesterday. They were trying to be helpful, but no luck. This is essential fieldwork for 2 subjects, with 50% of final mark in one and 30% in other, so I really need to attend. They will be giving me a some kind of vouchers from university so I could get a refund on everything. Well, I can get refund even without them, except the small plane booking fee (which this voucher will cover), but refund is not really a problem - not being at the Jedi-Con is, when I was so close.
    Oh well.
    Today, I found out that it wasn't my University's fault for the change in dates. The Jurassic Coast Conservation canceled one of our fieldworks in April. It was rescheduled for earlier time (it was either take it or leave it) - in the days when this fieldtrip should have happened in the first place. So this thing was also rescheduled for earlier, before Easter. But literally just before Easter.

Well, you guys have some extra fun for me, then. ;)
    I guess I shall see you on the next FFE meet or CE2 (if it, hopefully, ever happens).

16. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Awww. :( I'm sorry. I was looking forward to seeing you again, especially now that I just found out I can go!

17. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Awesome! :D

18. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Anyone need a roomie??

I won't be going anywhere if I can't find one...

19. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Question. Do you think anything will be happening Sunday night? There is a cheap flight I'm considering booking which leaves at 5:30 PM Sunday, but if taking that one would mean I would miss things, it might not be worth it. I know the closing ceremony is at 4PM, but would JC people be doing anything after?

I won't be in any rush to get home because I don't have to be back at work until Friday the 28th (woo!), so I'll probably just move along and sightsee somewhere for a few days after the con. I just need to figure out whether it will be better to spend that extra day in Düsseldorf or not.

20. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    Im still not sure if I'll go or not. I doubt I'll have time to be there before Saturday noonish. So either I'll decide to fork out the cash and go Saturday till Sunday (might need roomie) or not go at all.

21. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Jun 2, 2003
    Rigth now it seems I can solve my room-problems, which will mean that I will be able to come!

Just hoping everything works out...

*crosses fingers more than tightly*

22. Kabe_the_chadra-fan

Kabe_the_chadra-fan Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    I'll be there as well :D Finally booked my hotel room this week, so everything is settled.
    Will be staying at the same hotel as Tim and Anna.

Really looking forward to meeting u guys again :)

23. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    What hotel is everyone staying in? (edit: for those who have not yet specified; I saw that some of you booked the Wartburg and I'm considering that one as well.) I'm in the process of trying to book mine now. Looks like I'm going to be getting in around mid-day Friday, and then we are leaving early Sunday evening to do some further sightseeing for a few days before heading home. Don't do anything awesome Sunday night or I'll have to be sad about having missed it. :p

Edit: I just reserved a room at the Hotel Wartburg. I don't mind either taking a bus or walking a bit.

24. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Jun 2, 2003
    Just thought I'd let you all know that I'm in the middle of booking my flight, which means that I'll be coming! :D :D

25. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    And she'll be getting the free ticket, so that is solved too.:D

Of course, that means you have to take care of the table while I grab autographs of Jeremy Bulloch.[face_devil]
    j/k;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.