main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why is it so hard to recruit PCs into our RPGs?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by EwokSlayer01, Mar 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EwokSlayer01

EwokSlayer01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2003
    I've been trying to start an RPG for the past couple months, but no one has been interested! How am I going to have any fun with only the one person who joined? How am I to seek out the rare Star Wars junkies and recruit them to my game?

2. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    If you join your local Fanforce Chapter, you will almost no doubt find someone willing to play the RPG.

3. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    There is some good adivce on that topic in the first post of this thread.

4. Tremaniac

Tremaniac Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Hey don't knock solo campaigns. Two of my longest running games have started as solos, only to be expanded upon several sessions in. Not having backup should teach a gamer to be extra careful (or bastardly) for most things.

5. Kizakh

Kizakh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    I have never had that problem. The group I GMed last semester got split into two because there were so many people, and then one of those just got split into two as well. Of course, I live in the dorms, so there are a lot of potentials around anyway.

I think it's a good problem to have. :D

6. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    That is a problem we don't seem to have in our group. Several founding members go to the same high school and as our numbers wear thin someone else always joins, in fact there have been several instances over the years where there has actually been a waiting list to get in.

7. VirusTruth

VirusTruth Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2003
    Perhaps its due to your poor charisma...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.