main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why more Clone Wars??

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Froghurt, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    The problem I have with the Clone Wars is that now since I know the whole war is a set up, it kind of ruins the whole effect. I would've prefered if they made a CGI Shadows of the Empire movie instead or a CGI series about Yuuzhan Vong War that follows an original character. But the Clone Wars is kind of boring now. I seriously don't know how they can make it exciting at this point. How many times do we have to see these Jedi slice those puny looking droids?

I'm more interested in the live action series. I wonder if Logan is going to get casted or not?

2. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Well there is much left to be told about The Clone Wars. As for Logan I am sure he'll be cast in the show as Lucas had bascially told him as much.

3. E107_Theta

E107_Theta Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    I could really care less about the 3D Clone Wars cartoon. Is there a lot that wasn't covered in the cartoon? Yeah. But still... there are so many other things you could do. We're covered so much in the Clone Wars recently I'm sick of it... two movies, a cartoon, a bunch of comics and novels. I'd like Lucasfilm to switch their focus on another time period for a while, then maybe make a Clone Wars cartoon later. Don't get me wrong, I love the Clone Wars, but I really want a break from it.

What I would rather prefer is a 3D animated series in the same style as the movies in the Final Fantasy video games, centering on the OT characters. Harrison Ford would certainly balk at reprising Han Solo in a cartoon, but I'm sure at least Mark Hamil and Anthony Daniels would be all for it (As Tony did the Clone Wars and Droids 'toons, and Mark has nothing better to do... plus he also sometimes does cartoons)

Really, how cool would it be to have moving adaptation of the Thrawn trilogy? Or Shadows of the Empire? Or totally new stuff? I think that would kick the pants off both Clone Wars AND the live action show.

Sure, they've made hundreds of novels and comics chronicaling the adventure of Luke, Leia, Han and the gang, but the last time we really saw them in action was ROTJ. I kinda miss being able to see those guys and watch them do stuff and hear great music while they do that. Books are great, but I kinda want to see those guys in moving picture form again.

I'm sure lots of other people would like to see this too, as a classic Star Wars cartoon would practically be like printing money. I honestly don't know why Lucasfilm doesn't see this.

Here's hoping that Clone Wars season 2 is called "Galactic Civil War".

4. Divia

Divia Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    I wouldn't mind a show set between episodes 4 & 5. I think it could be fun, and one thing I wouldnt have to see or experience would be Mara Jade..which would be a nice change of events. I grow tired of her and everytime I pick up a book she is there.

5. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    He doesn't just "sometimes" do voicework. That's primarily his career now.

That's not necessarily true. Allegiance takes place in that period and she's a main character.

6. Divia

Jun 8, 2005
    Thats my point. I dont want to see her! I dont want to see her in anything during episodes 4,5,6 or beyond. I am growing quite sick of her. And it annoys me that we cannot have books with the original 3 without her in them. So I am hoping with a GL centered show she wont be there.

7. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    ^She's Luke's wife. Of course she's going to be around.

As for the Clone Wars I expect one season because it's the lamest war ever in the Star Wars saga and for the live action show, it will only last one season. Boba Fett or stormtrooper isn't going to save it. It's based on a time period that no regular viewer will be interested to see. And since Vader will not be on the show, it definitely will not last too long.

8. Divia

Jun 8, 2005
    She doesnt need to be around in a classic story with the OT. That's my issue. She's around all the time. I want a break from her.

9. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I think that the clone wars will be good, and the live action should be decent.

10. AL_Patterson

AL_Patterson Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2007
    It's better than nothing but I would have rathered the 3D cartoon to be about new material as well.

Now that Episode III as past, I personally no longer care about anything pre-Vader.

11. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    How come we don't have any material that occurs between Star Wars Episode IV and Episode V? I mean, the Galactic Civil War must've had some big battles and important events besides Yavin, Hoth, and Endor.

I mean, we're going to see the rise of the Empire and more Clone Wars. Why not some more Galactic Civil War between Episode IV and V? Because honestly that's a good sized movie gap.

12. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    Splinter of the Mind's Eye!

lol!

13. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    Come on. The Rebels had to have liberated some worlds during that time period.

14. Jamiebacca

Jun 17, 2003
    They totally did, with me in the X-Wing's cockpit in the Rogue Sqaudron game - woo-hoo!

15. Darth_Shpydar

Darth_Shpydar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 31, 2006
    There's actually a decent amount of material from that period -- video game content, the original Marvel comic series, Zahn's recent Allegiance and the current Dark Horse comic Rebellion.

16. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    ^Thank goodness that time period isn't getting ignored. Because if I'm correct, the gap between Episode IV and V is the same as the gap between Episode II and III. I could be wrong. But I could've sworn that each gap was around 3 or 4 years.

17. XtremeOne1

XtremeOne1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2007
    I'm not interested in the clone war series at all. We had a cartoon about it already, how about something different? The three years in between Hope and Empire. The time before all of that(which I think is being covered in the live action show, so I guess not) or how about Old Repulic days. I won't be watching another Clone War thing, I don't find in that interesiting...

18. Jamiebacca

Jun 17, 2003
    No, you're right. Maybe the and the gap between EpV & EpVI which isn't as long can sometimes cause confusion?

19. DarthCemeroX

DarthCemeroX Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    i agree...I mean there's so much to tell
    telll About Kaja Sinis and Darth Seer ( a very important story)
    or after the battle of endore, or the time between episode three and four, its star wars , the question isnt what to do, but what not to do, so focussing on something like the clone wars (something we all know about already) i mean anything else they'll do in the C.W. would just be filler, none of it would be of any real importantce...

20. Jamiebacca

Jun 17, 2003

Um... who?

21. Darth_Shpydar

Darth_Shpydar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 31, 2006
    Characters from SuperShadow's cavalcade of fanon poodoo. [face_sick]

22. jedi-master-faran

jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    I'd rather see what happens in between episodes 3 and 4. Like, Obi-Wan missions, and the training with Qui-Gon and glimpses of Luke at the end of every episode. And showing the Jedi survivors

23. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I agree that the period between episodes IV and V haven't been taken advantage of. Maybe the second cartoon series will take place during that time. Assuming there are two animated series I am sorta pulling for a KOTOR era show.

24. CloneTrooper_3000

CloneTrooper_3000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2005
    When another Clone Wars series was announced, I'll admit I was disappointed (I was hoping for something in the KOTOR era). However, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea. Like some above me said, there are millions of worlds in the SW galaxy and the Clone Wars took place over three years. There is still so much that can be done, so many stories that can be told and so many characters to explore. There is so much that can done with an event this big and so many directions it could go. Bring it on, I say.

25. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I find the Clone Wars era to be very interesting. And especially so because it gives insight into ROTS, and the events that brought about the fall of the Republic. Even if there were no main characters involved, surely they'd be mentioned occasionally. There's a lot to explore. I'm most intrigued by Clone Wars and the III-IV interval. The last thing I'd want is something post-ROTJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.