main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why was Kendalina called a "Jedi Princess".

Discussion in 'Literature' started by slimybug, Aug 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Yeah, but it dosen't work, because in THG, set 8BBY, the JAT Kessel appears. Oh well..."

Well, I always thought that city was on the backside of the planet, something you can't see in other sources.

"BTW, anyone know when the Jedi Masters built the Lost City of the Jedi? It would have had to have been long ago, perhaps in the first thousand years of the Order. Going by the artifacts in Ken's room in LCOTJ, I'm thinking around 1983"

Actually it was a terraforming station before the jedi took it over. Must have been built long time before 5000 bby.

the artist by the way was having fun, he put kind of hidden pictures into the art for fun, for children to look and find enjoyment in the art. don't hate him for it. He was actually a very good artist.

2. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    We've stumbled onto an interesting continuity linkage. First, the facility was always a Jedi facility, not an inherited terraforming facility from some other source. The Jedi set it up...
    "The Jedi Masters who built the Lost City discovered that they could change its climate. All they had to do was find a way for the heat from the core of this moon to reach the surface...Using their weather and climate control system, the Jedi Knights made this moon grow warm and tropical..."
    (LCotJ)

And how about Obi-Wan's code, JE-99-DI-88-FOR-00-CE. How clever. :D

3. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    enough of this back to the discussion at hand

4. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    One of Dan Wallace's ideas for a Manning Kessel fix was that maybe the lush area that the Falcon lands in was just a pocket of glade or something. Who knows. Planets change. Especially one as small as Kessel, where perhaps the Empire experimented with terraforming, ala the Genesis Device. Nothing has been officially documented yet.

5. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Sturm,
    I see I left my "continuity linkage" thought from above unfinished. It would've tied in with your point...
    "where perhaps the Empire experimented with terraforming, ala the Genesis Device..."

Remember, we know of a Sith-based terraforming event already - Darth Rivan's trasformation of Almas of the Living Force campaign. Using his Sith alchemy, he created a Sith "crabgrass" (kaluthin) which terraformed a whole planet. Because this planet is in a system which figures pretty heavily in Prequel times (it's the setting for the Living Force campaign), no doubt Palpatine is aware of the history and existence of Sith-induced terraforming.

Now back to my thought...
    Perhaps the Jedi who "seeded" the continents of Yavin IV to help it grow used some Light-side-natured kaluthin similar to Darth Rivan's to help give their terraforming system a push. After all, it's strange that Jedi would build a rather intricate technological-based terraforming system intead of relying on the Living Force to some degree. We also know they seeded the planet with something. I'm just speculated they seeded it with something akin to the kaluthin.

6. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    That's all very true, and a good explaination. But what about Kessel? That's actually what I was talking about. :)

Maybe Moruth Doole gets high on spice, twiddles his fingers and vast jungles suddenly pop up from the barren lands.

7. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Well, maybe Palpatine fell upon Rivan's secret alchemic herbs and spices - that your Empire's Kessel "Genesis device."

8. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Don't forget Hoole and Gog's experaments with life on Kiva.

TC

9. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    "Yeah, but it dosen't work, because in THG, set 8BBY, the JAT Kessel appears. Oh well..."
    >Well, I always thought that city was on the backside of the planet, something >you can't see in other sources.

No, the GODV Kessel can be worked in, it's the newspaper strip Kessel that'll take some work to fit with THG..

"BTW, anyone know when the Jedi Masters built the Lost City of the Jedi? It would have had to have been long ago, perhaps in the first thousand years of the Order. Going by the artifacts in Ken's room in LCOTJ, I'm thinking around 1983"
    >the artist by the way was having fun, he put kind of hidden pictures into the art >for fun, for children to look and find enjoyment in the art. don't hate him for it.

I didn't say I hate him, I was just making a joke. Ha ha. You know, funny stuff. ;)

>He was actually a very good artist.

Yeah. The pictures are the best part. I like the one with Trioculus and his band marching through the jungle in the rain.

TC

10. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    He He, :D.

11. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    I still think of Tenel Ka as a "Jedi Princess." She's a Jedi Knight and a Princess of Hapes - I really haven't extended any thought "on a Jedi Princess definition" beyond that.

12. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    Hmm... The Jedi Princess Diaries... :D

TC

13. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    She was probably part of a certain league of jedi called princesses. notice how they call her A jedi princess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.