main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Wierd e-mails... and more..

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Stinky_jawa, Jun 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I wonder if they're from disney. When we were there last year, there was one ride (more of a 3d movie really) which was a muppet one. On the way in there were a whole bunch of muppet themed movie posters like that. I took a photo of one I quite liked.

[image=http://oneil.com.au/sow.jpg]

2. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Is an X-wing really aerodynamic?

Would a Y-wing actually fly in atmosphere?

I know these questions have kept me awake at night.. (lol)

There's only one way to find out, build 1/2 (x-wing) and 1/4 (y-wing) scale replica's powered by Rockets and launch them in the (Canadian) desert!

X-wing

Y-wing

edit: I thought they were pretty neat anyway.

3. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    An 'Aw how romantic' one:

A modern-day internet love story

A NEW Yorker has captured the imagination of the web by creating a site to track down a mystery girl he developed a crush on after seeing her on a train on the way home from work.

Patrick Moberg, a 21-year-old designer, created NYGirlOfMyDreams.com showing a basic sketch detailing his recollection of the girl, complete with arrows and descriptions, such as "Fancy Braided Hair" and "Rosy Cheeks".

"The only thing I'm not sure about is her jacket," Mr Moberg told NEWS.com.au.

"We made eye contact right before we both got off the train.

"A rush of people made it impossible for me to say anything though."

NYGirlOfMyDreams.com was updated today with a new sketch of a stick figure holding up a sign that reads: "FOUND HER!"

In just four days Mr Moberg?s unprecedented digital chat-up line spread across the world, over social networking sites and through the blogosphere.

NYGirlOfMyDreams.com was registered on November 4th, causing some suspicion that it might be part of an elaborate marketing scheme.

"Ha ha - I've had a few people ask that... it's really about a girl," he said.

A self-described "hopeful romantic", Mr Moberg said the mystery girl got on and off the train at the same stations as him, but claimed he wasn't following her.

"(It was) totally fate. I think following her would have been crossing the line."

The sketch published on the website included Mr Moberg's self-portrait with arrows pointing to his features - "tall", "skinny" and importantly "not insane" - plus his contact details.

When asked if he had considered that he might be insane, he laughed and replied: "That's a good point. I guess we'll find out."

Mr Moberg is no stranger to internet fame. He works for online video company Vimeo.com and runs a website based around his design work at patrickmoberg.com.

He said he'd never done anything like the website before but didn't seem to mind that everyone who has seen the sketch now knows his train stop, phone number and email address.

"I sort of knew the risk," he said

The website's popularity is astounding, considering that it can take up to a week for a domain name to filter through to search engines.

Mr Moberg is at a loss to explain the global reaction.

"I guess people can relate to the story, and are hoping for the best."

He put the website up shortly after the fateful train ride, "barely an hour after I saw her".

Mr Moberg does not know exactly how many people have seen his message.

"I didn't put up any tracking stuff to see how many hits it got. The real purpose is to find the girl," he said.

Mr Moberg said the inspiration for the website was to ask the girl on a date.

"The main thing I want to know is: what she was writing about in her notepad?

"I'm incredibly curious about that."

But Mr Moberg seems determined to make it a happy ending. When asked if a more beautiful, enigmatic girl were to catch his train tomorrow, he said: ?(I) just have to deal with that when it happens. But I don't think it will happen.?

"This girl was out of this world."

4. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    More recent stories in the news have revealed that she's actually an aussie girl who's been staying in NY for a while.

5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    My dad had this to say in an email to me about the Sunday before my birthday:

6. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    hmm [face_thinking] Definitely original.

Oh and Happy Birthday! (if it's already past.. if not I withdraw my congratulatory remarks! ;) )

7. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Thanks. :)
    It was Monday the 19th.

I now have a Lego AT-ST to build. [face_dancing]

8. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Damn, people I know tend to buy me stuff they think I should be getting for birthdays/christmas, rather than something I'd like (like that! lol).

Still, it's the thought that counts.

Anyway, I saw this the other day, think it's kinda neat..

9. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
  10. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
  11. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    very cool, looks like someone went to a lot of work there

12. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Guys, if you haven't seen it, check out the Gary Rego graduation speech on youtube. One hell of a way to go out, methinks. Especially for the head boy.

13. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Seen it. It's my old high school, too. And from what I've heard, he's right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.