main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will TCW and Episode VII tie in to each other?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darklordoftech, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    All opinions are welcome.

2. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I could see Episode 7 making a few references to the series. Perhaps they'll reference the Prophecy of Mortis? But other than that, I don't see how The Clone Wars, which is a spin-off of the prequel trilogy, could have anything to do with the upcoming sequel trilogy.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    umm Episode 7 takes place after Episode 6

TCW takes place between Episode 2 and 3, how the heck can you tie it in

Sitara likes this.
  4. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Introduced in "x era" != exclusive to "x era".

5. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Wut.

Sitara likes this.
  6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I was saying that something introduced in one era can be relevant to another era. For example, Exar Kun was introduced in the New Republic era but has since become a major character in the Old Republic era.

7. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    That is true, but I don't see how The Clone Wars could possibly tie into the sequel trilogy... unless you think Ahsoka should appear in it? If she does, expect fans to complain about how she has no place in it.

Sitara likes this.
  8. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Let's hope not!

9. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Agreed. While Star Wars: The Clone Wars is a great show, tying it with the new sequel trilogy would just be unnecessary and aggravating. The Clone Wars is suppose to focus on the time between Episode II and III, not after Episode VI

eht13 likes this.
  10. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Please God no...let season 6 be the end of CW, heck let it be canceled at the end of season 5, and let it never be mentioned again.

11. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Hell no. It would be a disservice to the fans that it has accumulated over the years. The series should go on as long as it's suppose to.

12. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Don't really know how you would tie it in... Maybe a dark saber or somethin?

13. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    It would be nice seeing the dark saber in live-action...

14. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    dark saber never got any other action than its destruction. it was a bad plotdevice.

i talk about the lasercanon.

15. TheVortex3

TheVortex3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2012
    I guess there could be a few very small tie ins from tcw in episode 7 but I hope they don't tie in anymore then that.

16. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    It would seem a little contrived, but wouldn't be hard to do. How many novels reference things from thousands of years before? If the people working on Episode 7 and the people working on The Clone Wars got together, they could easily make thing fall together, kind of like how the Clone Wars Micro and the Labyrinth of Evil novel worked into Episode 3. If, say, Episode 7 were going to happen a hundred years after Episode 6, and be about a secret branch of Sith Lords that Sidious and Plagueis never knew about, you introduce them in the last season of The Clone Wars, then have them go into exile or something like that, hinting that they would return at some point.

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Don't forget Nightsisters, Mortis, Death Watch, Maul, etc.

18. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    New species introduced in TCW could make live action appearances in the Sequel Trilogy. But beyond something like that, I don't really care to see them linked at all. The ST should have a link to the previous story told in the PT and OT and then should venture into new territory.

19. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd rather see a spinoff in the Dark Times rather than have them try to put references in Ep. 7. I could see them throwing something in about Anakin having a padawan to spite fans make it movie official. But beyond that, I don't see much they could link together.

20. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    That seems like such a random thing to throw in, when Obi-Wan didn't even think it important enough to tell Luke. I wouldn't expect her to be mentioned unless she's still alive and running around... and please God, no.

I actually don't mind her as a character, though I think it's best for the story if she dies. I don't want to see that can of worms opened when it turns out she's been alive the whole time.

21. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe Bail accidentally wiped his mind along with 3PO. :p I like her character and agree that her death at some point before ANH would be better than just 'disappearing.'

22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The manhole cover on Aleena?

I don't think KenobiSkywalker was implying that Ahsoka would be alive and running around just that she get mention. I agree it doesn't seem like something anyone would mention or remember honestly.

23. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Betting that Episode VII doesn't have one single reference to TCW.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    '

I read a rumor that the new film references the prophecy of "the Chosen One" and Mortis. I'm hoping that the rumor is wrong, because I'm hoping that I'll want to go see this movie.

Inblackestnight and eht13 like this.
  25. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't think there's any substance to that beyond people hoping the "Whills" stuff gets explained in the new trilogy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.