main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will the Hapans, Chiss, Mandalorians, and others possibly appear in the Legacy comics?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LtNOWIS

LtNOWIS Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    More hoojibs!

2. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    There was a Civil War between two political factions which more or less wiped each other out. The True Mandalorians and the Death Watch. Then there were the settlers on Concord Dawn who didn't consider themselves Mandos, although some Mandos came from Concord Dawn. Because the Mandalorian heritage is simply following certain cultural traits, all it takes is for a group to take up those traits again.

We know that by Mindor there were up to five hundred Supercommandos fighting for the Empire who were probably partly drafted through the slavery or bought outright. By the Marvel issues that deal with Mandalore, it would seem that Palpatine had outlawed the public wearing of armour (makes sense) and the carrying of weapons, and was stripmining the ore.

With the end of Imperial occupation, the Mandalorian culture could flourish again. There's a sense that there was essentially a Year Zero effect at some point to the Mandalorian culture when so many were killed or enslaved. However, it helps to see them as more of a political or cultural movement than a true people or race, and Fenn's Supercommandos were a lot different than those past, and were probably different than Boba's Supercommandos.

One of the points made in LoTF is that the Mandalorians are a people, culture, and power in decline and that they need to turn inward and take care of themselves, as they've never even fully rebuilt after Palpatine, let alone the Vong war, and it wouldn't surprise me to find that the whole sector is either considered a plague sector (depending on how the Troy stuff plays out) or that they've simply pulled in the welcome mat and are focusing on bringing their basic culture back up to some sort of normative value.

The clans were pretty much in agreement by the end of LoTF with Venku's policy of not fighting in foreign wars anymore, and if it wasn't for Boba's personal stake in Jacen via his daughter's death, I doubt they would have really wanted to get involved.

Even Traviss is clear that the Mandos are punching above their weight, and they can only bring a hundred commandos to the table, and even if their entire culture were somehow mobilized it'd still be less than a million able bodied adults.

3. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    Hoojibs seconded.

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Zerg forbid we see some diversity, don't we? It's only Mando Mando Mando with the fans. Instead of Mandie hopes for the comic series, why not somethign new and different?

Bloodthirsty Iridonians? Tactical Echani?

5. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    But Mandies are so cool!

6. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Patchworkz7 posted: The clans were pretty much in agreement by the end of LoTF with Venku's policy of not fighting in foreign wars anymore, and if it wasn't for Boba's personal stake in Jacen via his daughter's death, I doubt they would have really wanted to get involved.

Even Traviss is clear that the Mandos are punching above their weight, and they can only bring a hundred commandos to the table, and even if their entire culture were somehow mobilized it'd still be less than a million able bodied adults.

I'm definitely in agreement. I just feel like they are not on the edge of extinction, not that they could mobilize an army and endanger the galaxy alone.

Just wanted to mention as well that despite Venku's ideals the Mandalorians seem to have sided with the Daala lead GA as of Millennium Falcon, serving as both royal guards and enforcers. With Mandalore itself seemingly near Imperial Space, one theory could be that the Jag lead Empire decides to swat them at some point, thus explaining their absence from Legacy.

7. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Karen gave them culture and colour. But they're saturating the novels, which is fine. Lets see soemthing different in comic format. KOTOR already has them, let Legacy show new angles.

8. Dash_Magnum

Dash_Magnum Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2008
    Please no more of those three. The EU used to be a place of exploring new facets of the SW universe, rather than beating the same dead horse.

I'd rather read about Aqualish shell-polishers than any of those groups.

9. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Since we are tossing out third tier powers, I propose the following:

Hutt Cartels/Empire
    Corporate Sector Authority
    Some new, small localized power.

Of all these, I would be most interested to see the Hutts. LOTF started off by looking like they would get good mention, but they were tossed off to a few off screen mentions of their fleet being wiped out.

The potential of the Hutts should not be underestimated. It has been nearly a century since the Vong War. Nal Hutta and Nar Shaadaa are undoubtedly rebuilt, plus they add an interesting criminal element to the stories.

Not only that, but I bet you my favorite Ackbar figure that some Hutt worlds were candidates of the joint GA/Jedi Ossus Project. Which adds a whole new interesting dimension, especially if Hutt worlds suffered the horrible growths experienced on other planets.

--Adm. Nick

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It looks like we're getting a Mandalorian in LEGACY #41: Rogue's End! :D

I wonder if the Confederation is still around in some form, if it is a "vassal state" of the new Sith Empire. Hutt Space and the Corporate Sector, as well as Corellian and Bothan space, make up the Confederation, right?

We have a Chiss moff, a Hutt information broker, some Vong, the Black Sun, Anzati assassins, and now a Mandalorian bounty hunter.

I wonder if we will see a Hapan sometime soon, then?

11. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    It would be nice to see the Sith subcontract some of their evil deeds out to the Corporate Sector.

12. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    I wouldn't mind if Legacy had an occasional Mando. Or even wondering what'll happen to Clan Fett now that they can't be on Mandalore anymore. But nothing of blatant no.

13. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    No longer relevant.

14. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    Stay on-topic and away from author-bashing.

15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    They are going to have to appear at some point since they are all part of the larger galaxy and no longer a mystery. It depends on how long the story goes on and the ability of the author to work them in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.