main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Without You (Obi vignette/post-TPM) Nobody likes it! Obi lovers will! Please read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by diamond_pony2002, Jan 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Title: Without You
    Author: diamond_pony2002
    Summary: Obi-Wan deals with Qui-Gon?s death, but realizes that he can?t do it alone.
    Disclaimers: I don?t own them and I never will, sadly. They all belong to Mr. Lucas. :-(
    Notes: //?//= telepathic dialogue italics= thoughts, dreams, and flashbacks

Obi-Wan Kenobi was in Qui-Gon?s--err, his--bedroom and he laid on the bed as tears flowed endlessly down his cheeks. He hadn?t come out of there for 2 ½ weeks. The man didn?t even know if his new charge was all right. The boy had come knocking on his door a few times, calling that he was hungry or simply to check on Obi-Wan, but the man gave no response. He felt guilty for ignoring Anakin?s well-being, but he couldn?t help it. Suddenly, the door slammed open and in came a steaming Bant Eerin, his best friend since childhood.

Bant stormed over to him and whacked him upside the head and then brought Anakin to him. The boy was pale, skinny, and trembling. It seemed as if the only way he could stand was if Bant held him up. She stroked his hair and glared at Obi-Wan, trying to make him feel as sorry as she possibly could.

?Obi-Wan Kenobi! What the hell is the matter with you?! How dare you leave Anakin to get in this shape! The only reason I?m here is because I felt distress coming from here! And you know where I found him?! In his bedroom on the floor, unconscious from starvation! Do you know how sick he is?! Just look at him!? Bant shouted and opened Anakin?s tunic for Obi-Wan to see how his ribs showed through his skin. The boy had obviously lost a lot of weight.

Obi-Wan couldn?t believe what he saw. He felt like a rat in the lower levels of Coruscant: downright dirty and a deceiver. He just wanted a few days alone and then it turned into weeks. Those weeks were deteriorating his young charge and he needed medical attention. He could feel with the Force that Anakin was dehydrated and his body was feeding off what little fat he had, eating his insides. He needed rest and food.

Anakin felt like his insides were being ripped out. His stomach hurt and his head was pounding, but Bant?s ranting and raving didn?t help. He sniffled as tears filled his eyes from the pain, but neither of the adults noticed it above Bant?s voice. The boy felt like collapsing, but he didn?t want Obi-Wan to be more stressed than he already was. Soon the pain became too intense and he tugged on Bant?s sleeve, causing her to stop shouting and look at him with concerned eyes as she kneeled down in front of him.

?What?s wrong, Ani?? she asked in a tender, soft voice. Anakin sniffled again and scrubbed his nose with a tiny fist.

?My head hurts,? he whimpered. Bant stroked his hair and sighed. She looked at Obi-Wan with pleading eyes, even though she was still furious at him, knowing that the boy wouldn?t be able to make it to his bedroom, and sighed in relief when he nodded.

?Anakin, come up here and lay down. You need to rest,? Obi-Wan said softly. The boy looked surprised, but let Bant lift him onto the bed. He pressed his back to Obi-Wan?s chest and shivered at the cold air in the room. Even though the body behind him was warm, he was still cold and he gasped when Obi-Wan stood, feeling his back freeze up from the temperature. Then he was picked up by strong arms and held against the man?s chest while Bant pulled the blankets back. Obi-Wan laid down with the child still in his arms and turned onto his back so that Anakin?s head was pillowed on his shoulder and so he could get closer to him and be warmer. Bant pulled the blankets over them and Anakin felt warm, finally. He snuggled close to Obi-Wan and just stared at the wall. Then a hand was running through his hair and he recognized it to be large and gentle.

?Get some rest, you two. And don?t think I?m finished with you, Kenobi. There?s a lot more I need to talk with you about,? Bant said and left the room. Obi-Wan sighed and looked down at Anakin, seeing tha

2. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
  3. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Wow another excellent one.

Its a good thing he had friends. Poor anakin. The description was well done.

4. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Thanx Crystal!

5. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
  6. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Don't cry, DP!
    I LOVED IT TOO!

7. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Is nice, diamond. Is a lovely story. Do not cry please.

8. lili-Skywalker

lili-Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2003
    Your story is sweet. [face_love]

9. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    I'm reminded of this saying:

It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it?s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn?t. Because they were holding on to something."

10. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Awww ***sniffle sniffle*** Thanx guys! I'm sorry I was being so immature! I just thought that Obi lovers would come to this story right away like they do the others!

11. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I'm sorry I was being so immature! You are not inmature diamond. Sometimes I feel that way when nobody post in my stories. Cheer up, please. :D

12. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I'm the say way as Patty. Also remember that there are readers who don't reply but are still reading. Smile I hope you had a Happy Birthday. Did you get lots of presents. :)

13. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Well, not a lot, but I got my own phone line and $20 and got to go out to dinner at Olive Garden!!! I go there ever year! Thanx for asking!

14. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY,DP!

15. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
  16. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.