main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wizard World Boston!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthWormie, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Not to take anything away from our own Con coming up later this month, but the folks over at Wizards World have announced that starting next September they will be bringing an Annual Con to Boston at the Bayside Expo Center!

You can check out the details here:

Wizard World

2. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    If it is anything like the one in Chicago, it should be a nice con.

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    That's awesome! And of course they decide to do this after I graduate... :p

But hey, maybe I'll come visit that weekend! It all depends on where grad school is and what my schedule is like...

It really is about time a major con comes to Boston. :)

4. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    why would ythey choose Bayside, when there is a perfectly good Brand New con center right down the road?

5. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Other than next years MacWorld, has anything been booked into that new Convention Center? I was a bit surprised they didn't have the DNC there this past summer.

6. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Question for Mike...

Do these Wizard World cons have Star Wars guests like Super Megafest does? If they do, then I can't wait. :D

Richie

7. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    First of all... sorry for second tread !!!!! Was very tired when I posted it.

Secondly... here is a link to their convention section of their company so you all can see the listing of guests at the conventions and the pics from prior events they have done.

Dallas looks like an interesting one this weekend....

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/conventions/

See you all real soon at MEGAFEST !!!!!

Justin Manning

8. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Hi Justin :)

Checked that site out and there were no Star Wars guests at the Dallas con, but Richard Hatch (from the original Battlestar Galactica series) and Gil Gerard and Erin Grey (Buck Rogers in the 25th Century) were scheduled to appear. I'm sure that won't stop Star Wars groups (including us) from trying to get exhibit tables @ WW Boston, though.

Richie

9. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    WW has been running here in Philly for only 3 years but they usually have Star Wars guests. The second year it ran, they brought in something like 12 SW celebs. So that was pretty cool. We got to take a few of them out to dinner. Last year they only had 2 or 3.

However, if C2 Ventures is hosting the SW celebs there and asks your group to vollunteer with them I would strongly advise against doing so. We did that the year when they hosted those 12 celebs and they told us in return we'd all be getting free autographs from the actors in return. They screwed everyone over and gave us like 3 autographs to share between the 20 of us who worked for them. Not to mention I've heard similar stories from other Fan Forces who had that same thing happen to them with C2 Ventures when they worked at cons.

10. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    WHO IS C2 Ventures ??

11. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    Heh. C2 Ventures incidentally enough are the two "gentlemen" who own TheForce.Net. Philip Wise and Ben Stevens.

12. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm going to start contacting people about this con to inquire about how they handle fan groups. I'm assuming we'll have to purchase an exhibitor table, but the link for those details isn't working on their site. I'll let you guys know when I find anything out.

In case anyone is curious, ticket prices are $45 for all 3 days and $25 for each individual day. :)

13. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    Roseanna, Our group has always been given a free fan table at Wizard World. If you contact them they'll probably offer you one too. Also, they gave us like 4 free admissions too. I don't see why it wouldn't be the same deal up there since the same people run it.

14. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Awesome, that's good to know! Thanks! :)

15. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Just wanted to let you all know that I just sent an email to the Wizard World folks about a table for the convention next fall. I'll let you know what I find out. :)

16. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    That would be fun! :)

17. BrianLive

BrianLive Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2004
    I'm stoked to see a WW finally coming to Boston. I'll be back home for this and won't miss it.

18. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Just saw the celebrity list for the LA show in March. Again, nobody from Star Wars. :(

We can only hope the Boston show will be different.

19. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    There's hope yet! The Philadelphia show in June will have Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulloch, and Peter Mayhew! :D

20. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Saw a revised list for the Philly show...none of the guests I mentioned will be there, but they will have Orli Shoshan (Shaak Ti from "Attack of the Clones"), Alisa Berk (Amanaman from "Return of the Jedi"), and Richard LeParmentier (General Motti from "A New Hope"). As you know, Ms. Shoshan was in this area last fall and we had positive feedback about her on this board. From what I gather, the Philadelphia people are fortunate to have her @ their Wizard World. :D

21. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    There have been no revisions. I think you must have gotten confused because Orli Shoshan (Shaak Ti from "Attack of the Clones"), Alisa Berk (Amanaman from "Return of the Jedi"),and Richard LeParmentier (General Motti from "A New Hope")were the three guests from last year's WW Philly. This year is still who you posted in your previous post. Check out the WW site. The names have no changed for this year.

I think it's a safe bet that WW Boston will get a few star wars guests this year with ROTS coming out.

22. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    iycis

I saw the list with Baker, Bulloch, and Mayhew first, then the one I thought was a revised list, and now the first list again. What gives? If necessary, I'll pay a visit to the Philadelphia board again.

23. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    Hmm weird.

24. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I smell a NJO road trip :)

25. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
Thread Status: