main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Woo-Hoo!!! Road trip! We're going to San Francisco for a digital showing on June 29th!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Aunt Jar Jar Mimah, Jun 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalQdeX

CalQdeX Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2001
    Is there a seat for one more?
    The front theater or back?
    How much money we talken?

2. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Absolutely there's room! :D Be at the theater tomorrow in plenty of time before we go. I hope you can make it! :D

How much.... let's see. The movie is $6. We should all chip in some money to cover gas, the $2 toll and parking. Then we're talked about getting something to eat afterward. I think you'll be okay taking maybe $25.

3. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Does anyone have a digital camera???

4. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    i have a cheesy one (not made of cheese per say but its a cheapie)

5. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I plan on buying a professional digital camera today. The Nikon 5000 is finally on sale! :D

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    I am bringing my new JVC Digital video cam to document the trip :D

7. fn_clone

fn_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Crutag, good choice on the Nikon there. Can't go wrong with 5 megapixels and Nikon is probably the best brand of cameras out.

But yes, i also have a jvc digital video camera that i can bring along if necessary.

8. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Awesome! LDV what kind of music do you like?

9. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Thanks fn I have a Nikon N-70 that I just love, but I think now is the time to move to digital. ;)

10. fn_clone

May 2, 2002
    Yeah, I'm hoping to get the Canon s30/s40 sometime this summer. It seems like the best camera for my use.

Oh yeah, thanks for bringing up the music. What type of music does everyone like? Because if your riding with me, all I have is good ol' rock and roll. I have some older rock along with some newere rock/alternative. So if there is anything specific any of you want, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

11. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    crutag - I can stand everything but Rap! :( Yuck, sorry, but I am older and wiser ;) I never got into the Rap scene except for RUN DMC. Now that's old school. ;)

Believe it or not, I used to listen to Mozart and Beethoven before football games to get me pumped up for the battle on the grid iron.

I like some Garth Brooks all the way to Metallica. ;)

Too bad MJC won't be going tomorrow. He is on his way to Italy. And he has told me he is going to be going to the cathedral where they shot the Theed scenes on Naboo. He said he will get some great pictures. I hope he has a safe flight. He won't be back until late July. MTFBWY MJC

fn did you try to call me earlier?

12. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    I got the Sony 5.2 megapixel. They were all sold out of the Nikon. :_| I hope I made the right choice. [face_plain]

13. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Awesome, bring all of that stuff! :D

I just realized that I'm leaving work soon and don't yet have the Internet at our new house. I won't be able to check back here tomorrow before meeting everyone at the theater. I'll have my cell phone one tomorrow though, for those who said they could make it. If you really need to reach me to tell me you aren't coming etc, feel free to call me.

Otherwise, I'll see the rest of you tomorrow! :D

14. fn_clone

May 2, 2002
    crutag, if the sony that you got is the sony cyber shot dsc-f707 then it got the same score as the nikon according to cnet. Looks like it was a good buy. I'm sure you already checked out reviews and what not, but if not look here

15. GHOST_RIDER

GHOST_RIDER Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    for those of you who haven't seen AOTC on digital yet, get ready for the best movie experience ever!!!!!!

Enjoy.

16. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    fn Yes it?s the DSC-F707, but I doubt I?ll have time to read the instructions before tomorrow. I did get the 128mb stick. I can?t believe it only came with 16mb.
    Thanks for the reviews; I feel better about my perches now. ;)

17. fn_clone

May 2, 2002
    You shouldve got the 1 gig stick. It's only around $500 or so.

psssh, instructions, who needs instructions. ;)

18. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Judging by the size of the book I?m probably better off without instructions. ;)

I was able to shoot 68 pictures at max. resolution on 128, and I usually do less than that in one sitting. Most of the models I deal with get antsy if the shoot is longer than that.

19. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    fn!!!!!!!! You da man!!!!!!! The D drive is up and running!!!!! Wooo Hooooo

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

20. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    ATTENTION!!!! EVERYONE!!! ATTENTION!!!!

T-Shirts are here!!!! Make sure you bring your money! Prices were bumped up just slightly due to having two icons instead of just one on them.

S,M,LG,XLG = $13.99 + tax (1.01) = $15.00
    XXLG = $15.99 + tax (1.16) = $17.15
    XXXLG = $16.99 + tax (1.23) = $18.22
    XXXXLG = $17.99 + tax (1.30) = $19.29

I have everyones totals that made the cut off date.

If you didn't get your size in on time, I will make another order shortly. :)

21. fn_clone

May 2, 2002
    prices were bumped up?? I have a bad feeling about this. ;)

22. Jay

Jay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 1, 1998
    I'll probably be there before one, to make sure I get there in time. There's an outside area on the second or third floor, which is probably where I'll be before I go to sit in the theater. If I don't see you, I'll just go around yelling, "Where's the syrup lady?" ;) By the way, I'll probably be wearing my white Theforce.Net polo shirt in case you guys see me first.

23. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    It was awesome to meet everybody! The turn out was unprecedented. I was blown away at the hospitality and the number of San Francisco Fan Force people that showed up. Even one person had a Jedi outfit complete with lightsabers! :D What a wonderful time I had seeing new people and old friends alike! There was just one problem, a single empty seat in my vehicle that was reserved for LDV! I missed you man? ;)

P.S. I hope I didn?t talk your ear off about cars Aunt Jar Jar sometimes I just get carried away. :( And the fact that we saw 4 Ferraris 1 Pantara 4 930 turbos along with a pathetic prowler didn?t help any.

OK its back to work for me! I think I'll work until 11:30 tonight. :_|

24. CalQdeX

CalQdeX Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2001
    Just got back.
    Hope we can get together better next time, maybe use the cell phones? :p

25. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Yes, why didn?t we use the cell phones? ?[face_plain] Everyone ells seemed to be using them during the movie? :mad:
    :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.