main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Worst movies you've ever seen.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Qui-Gon-Matt, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Wow. I thought Del Toro's Hellboy was great, even when compared to Mignola's comic. Not perfect, but really fun to watch.

2. jango_junkie

jango_junkie Jedi Master star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    Man Redgek, hit yourself real hard! [face_beatup]

3. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    OK, obviously I haven't missed much since I haven't seen 95% of the movies listed.

Troy -- plot or not, guys are hot.
    Bill and Ted -- Awesome movie, loved them both.

My worst movies: Feeling Minnesota, Momento, Event Horizon, Twelve Monkeys

4. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    :eek: I loved Memento! IMO, one of the best movies ever.

Worst movies: Silent Trigger, How High, and Napoleon Dynamite.

5. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    I know, I feel like a freak not liking Momento, but the ending left me feeling a little flat.

6. Redgek

Sep 26, 1999
    Just say where and I'll do it! Not in the ovaries, though.

7. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Howard the duck the worst. Lucas said he want's to make movies that he want's . is this a bad omen of things to come.

8. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    wow, how could i forget about THAT one...probably cause it sucks so bad you just want to forget about it....

9. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    that movie is pure evil! have only seen it twice and both times we had family cars stolen (the only time we have cars stolen as well).

man, i love B&T as well karenec, saw it 20 times in the theater when it came out. yeah I know I am a geek.

almost forgot these two wonderufl films: Fled & Fair Game

10. jango_junkie

jango_junkie Jedi Master star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    Hit yourself on your nose till it bleeds!!! [face_beatup]

11. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I have to agree....Napoleon Dynamite.....Caaaaaraaaaap! Dracula 3000.....poodoo!

12. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    I've only walked out of one movie, and that was Mimic. It just bored the crap out of me. I've come close a few times though. I know this will upset a few of you but I hated the Romeo and Juliet with Leonard Dicaprio. I hate it when they mess around with Shake-a-spear.

13. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Gotta agree with you there, Matt! Respect the Bard, man! Although "Shakespeare In Love" was... interesting... in a chick movie kind of way.

Soooo, in addition to the evil "Howard the Duck," did anyone see that bloody abortion "Slipstream" with Mark Hamill? Talk about going straight to the horrible typecasting universe. Plunge! I felt so sorry for the guy. He really had potential before that. He's still a pretty good-looking guy, even with the accident scars starting to come through. Actually, in a rugged handsome kind of way, scars really work for us older guys. Maybe I should get some scaaars...

-propgeek [face_thinking]

14. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Karen! How could you not like 12 Monkeys. Brad Pitt was great in that - Bruce Willis - same as always.

But Event Horizon? My cousin wrote that. I would like to say though he told me that they (meaning Paul "The Devil" Anderson - the director) ended up rewriting the hell out of his original script.

15. Ulic-Qel-Droma75

Ulic-Qel-Droma75 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2005
    Well, White Noise was a bust that movie was truly awful as far as horror flicks go! My all-time ultimate bad movie would have to be Mystic Pizza![face_sick] [face_beatup] [face_tired]

16. Redgek

Sep 26, 1999
    Why do they let Paul (W.S.) Anderson go near stuff like AvP and Mortal Kombat? He has a gift for taking a great premise and royally effing it up.

17. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    [face_sick] my wife is from Mysic Connecticut so I've seen that movie way too many times.

18. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    ah, see being a huge fan of the bard I loved this version of Romeo & Juliet. I loved that he was keeping the originally wording and yet put it into modern times - I don't see that as messing with the story or that bard. When you are using the original lines and not changing the story at all only the time period. If anything it helps some peope understand the play better then before. My mom actually tried to get clearance to show it to her special ed class when they were studying shakes because she felt they would understand the play better that way then watching the 1960s version.

If you want to see a f-up on a movie from story read the book Clan of the Cave Bear and then watch the movie. That is screwing with an awesome story. I still like the movie though...

Queen of the damned that movie sucked as well

19. Ulic-Qel-Droma75

Ulic-Qel-Droma75 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2005
    Ditto on that movie Obeythefist!=D=

20. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Dude, the worst movie I've seen (well,some what receintly anyway) is Wind Talkers with Nicolas Cage. It was horrendious....They tried to take what is a really good sotry and fit him into it and completely screwed it up. From a historical point the movie should have been very cool, but Cage and Christian Slater just totally sucked.

21. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I agree on that....it just did not hold much interest...except for going thru and finding the skrew ups in the uniforms....both U.S and the Japanese!

22. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    It was terrible...The History channel was propping it up and i didn't see anything histoically accurate in it at all. It kind of discraced what really happened in the battles and with the code talkers....it completely sucked.

23. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Propgeek say to writers of "Windtalkers" John Rice and Joe Batteer, "Ch'een di bikeya, gho-deneya!" That is actual Navajo for "Go to... uh, the devil's land." (Loses a little in translation).

And to director John Woo, "You usually rock, man, but on this movie, you sucky sucky!"

24. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Hey, at least this thread is helping me to avoid the movies that I haven't seen yet!

25. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    see, posting on this board is like a service to the community. (and I'll be sure to tell my supervisor that if i get caught online too much!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.