main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Worst movies you've ever seen.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Qui-Gon-Matt, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I am all over the Chronicles of Narnia!!!

Just went to see "War of the Worlds" last night (not too shabby) and they had a preview for "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe" and when Aslan roars at the very end of the preview, I cheered! I hope they do all seven. Especially "Voyage of the Dawn Treader." That was my favorite. Of course, coming from a naval family, y'know...

Thank you for the link, TK166! That was so cool! What I love about this guy is how he actually uses artisans to create his props. The LOTR stuff was incredible! ANd money actually went to feed the kids of soome starving artists, too. Gotta love that.

-propgeek

2. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    No retreat no Surrender is a huge crap bomb. So is Ninja 3 the Domination. It has the girl from the Breakin' movies in it. I like almost all other Karate movies, especially Gymkata, and The Perfect Weapon.

3. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    almost every movie madonna has ever been in except A League of their Own

4. obi-chris-kenobi

obi-chris-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    Purple Rain, I hate that movie. i had a friend in mid-school that loved Prince. He had the movie and watched it alot. What a piece of crap.

5. LukeWarm88

LukeWarm88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    From what I have seen and that is the last 40 minutes of the Howls Moving Castle, it made my list of worst movies. Cool animation but creepy story line!

6. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Heres my list of worst movies:

Orange County-common Jack Black...he couldn't even save this movie.

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation 2 Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure. "Where can I get some damn bait?"

Honey-It was like "Breaking 2-electric bagaloo" only worse.

Drop Dead Fred-there was a career for Princess Leia after Star Wars.

Grease 2-"Where does the pollen go...?" OK.

Mac and Me-E.T. nock off. Instead of Reeses Pieces...bring on the Skittles and an Elliot wanna be in a wheelchair to boot. Can you picture this kid flying through the sky passing by the moon in his wheelchair? Theres a whole clan of the alien family. And what was up with the wind generators?

House 2-remember this one? It even had Cliff from Cheers in it. The first one had Norm and the Greatest American Hero. Both movies have ties into Star Wars though-John Ratzenburger was in EP V and that American Hero guy auditioned for the role of Luke Skywalker.

Pat saves the World-I think thats name of the movie. SNL actors at it again. Some people say whats that, it's just Pat!

The Animal-Deuce Bigalo American Gigalo...as an animal. Those SNL actors again.

Garbage Pail Kids the Movie-I still have my cards from the 1980's. Sad but true, this movie comes out on DVD in a few weeks. Whats even more sad, I feel compelled to buy it.

Romeo and Juliet- That remake with Clare Danes and Decaprio...art thou decrapio. The guns rocked though!

Toys-LL Cool J...in a movie with war toys. And that guy from Mork form Ork.

Too Wong Foo-Julie Newmar...Julie Newmar? This would have made Batman proud.

The Phantom-just another superhero movie trying to make $$$ during the rain of the Batman empire.

Dick Tracy-nuff' said. Madonna in techna color and very breathless. I almost choked.

Bird on a Wire-I can't remember this one cause it was that bad.

The Pirate Movie-Willie Ames and Kristy McNichols singing together. Eight was enough.

The Swamp Thing 2-Heather Locklear...hubba hubba.

Any of the Critters sequals...

Joe VS. the Volcano-toss this one into the pit of a volcano...and keep it there.

Godzilla...Ferris Bueler style. Bring on Ghidra and Rodan Vs Mecha Charlie Sheen with a giant thumb up his butt. No pun intended.

Anaconda-hey look...Craig from the Friday movies. Whats up Big Perm, I mean Big Worm!

Lake Placid-someone should have fed Betty White to that gator.

Phew....I can go on and on...didn't want to bore you.

Oh yeah one more,

The Whiz-I don't think were in Kansas anymore Tito. LOL. Get it, Tito...Toto. Nevermind. Poor Jackson joke.

7. LukeWarm88

Jun 16, 2005
  8. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    I'm surprised I forgot about that one! I had to watch that movie while I was in labor! Talk about painful in two ways! I still have some of my cards from the 80's, too.....

And WOW! You remember a lot of bad movies, thats for sure!

9. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    War of the Worlds bites it bad. went free passes people don't waste your money a real stinker
    TOM does it again what a tool.

10. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    Well, thanks for the info! I was planning on seeing that, too! I was hoping it would be good. Anyone seen Land of the Dead?

11. bobasparxx

Nov 9, 2003
    Oh yeah...

Teen Wolf Two-its playing on HBO this month!!!!!!! This one should have had Justine Bateman or Skippy in it.

12. bobasparxx

Nov 9, 2003
    Skippy...
    Remember Trick or Treat?

13. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    The one movie that I just couldn't get past the first 30 minutes was Pulp Fiction. I know it's supposed to be great and all, but it just didn't do it for me.
    The sad thing is a lot of the movies listed here I liked for various reasons:
    Fifth Element-mostly because of Chris Tucker
    Armageddon-because of Steve Buscemi
    Pearl Harbor-only for the battle scenes
    B&T-I liked the whole time travel thing,especially the scenes at the police station.
    Memento-great concept, although it was a bit tricky trying to get your mind to work opposite of what it's used to.
    Luhrmann's Romeo & Juliet-I loved this version, especially the scene at the beginning, it's what made me watch the whole movie.
    Troy-yes, I know that they screwed it up, more than I thought possible, but as just pure entertainment I liked it.
    Mean Girls-I wasn't sure about this one when I checked it out of the library, but I thought it was so fetch. [face_laugh]

In the last week, I actually watched seven movies I had never seen before. "Black Hawk Down", "Trainspotting", "Mean Girls", "Garden State", "Sling Blade", "Gosford Park", and "Strictly Ballroom". The only one I wasn't too crazy about was "Gosford Park". I found it confusing at the end.

Okay, I've rattled enough. :)

14. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Double Jeopardy - I like Tommy Lee Jones, but what a pile. Not to mention that double jeopardy doesn't work that way.

15. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    Trick or treat was hilarious. The best heavy metal horror flick is Black Roses. I have two copies of it, and the soundtrack. It rules.
    The Pirate Movie is terrible. I agree with Bobasparxx

16. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    I saw Land of the Dead. It was allright. Continuation of the story. Pretty predictable. The zombie makeup was excellent. Worth a look.

17. Starkiller454

Starkiller454 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 20, 2005
    I have disliked a lot of movies...but, the only one i can really think of now is "safe" with julianne moore. i had to watch it for a film class and i hated every second of it...bahhhh!!

haha, loved B&T tho and napoleon dynamite...

"All we are is dust in the wind, dude."

18. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Yay, another B&T fan!

Unfortunately, I can't say I like Bogus Journey as much. The future looked like it was created by Joel Schumacher.

But the Battle of the Bands was great. Bill with his ZZ Top beard was awesome and Keanu actually looked cool with his facial hair.

19. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Same here! I love B & T!!! Poor little Napolean....lost in the Mall!

20. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    I love B&T. I liked Bogus Journey. The whole playing games with the reaper was so funny.

"You sunk my battleship" [face_laugh]

21. Starkiller454

Starkiller454 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 20, 2005
    haha, ziggy...piggy

22. LukeWarm88

Jun 16, 2005
    There is no good movies out. The ending of War of the Worlds is enough for me not to see it.

23. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    [face_laugh]

24. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    OK, what worked about War of the Worlds for me was the whole "deadbeat dad gets a chance to grow up" thing. I guess I'm sappy for the growing up late kind of stories, probably because it's taking me so long. I mean, I'm 42, and I'm only just now getting around to chat boards, gutter humor, and hanging out with Star Wars geeks. What kind of pathetic loser am I that I've waited all these years to do this stuff? Guess I'm just a slow learner.

Back to War of the Worlds, I thought they did a pretty good job of freaking you out and making you tense about what could possibly happen next. Those quazy Martians... what were they up to anyway? I felt the end was a little abrupt. But there were some cool things about the end. I just don't want to spoil it.

-poor old propgeek... late bloomer, likes lackluster blockbuster movies.

25. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    The worst movie I EVER saw was "Biker Chicks in Zombie Town" or something like that. I used to work in a bowling alley and they had stacks of free passes to see this movie. My buddy and I took a stack and went to the theaters that were showing it and saw other movies. I'm not sure what uear it was but Ninja Turtles was one of the free ones. One night we tried the trick again, but the manager made sure we went into the movie. I remeber the hitman guy from Weekend at bernie's was in it and he tied a lawmower around his neck with the blade out to cut through the horde of zombies srrounding his lab.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.