main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Worst Music Bands in the Industry

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MexChewie, Feb 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Check Blender's Article and see which do you agree and disagree with the writers.

IMHO I would only eliminate two:

Arrested Devlopment
    The Doors

Of course, these are 2 I like. [face_blush]

2. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    vacuume - most definitely qualifies... heh heh...

3. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    I totally agree with most of that. I'd only omit Live from that list.

4. Dikion

Dikion Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    I love Primus. That list is just wrong.
    Wrong I say. Wrong.

-D-
    Primus Sucks
    and Pork Soda pah-leeeese, the only one better is Seas of Cheese. I like cheese.

5. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    Some of those weren't bands, they were single performers.

I gotta say some of them, especially The Doors, Mick Jagger, etc. are NOT worthy of that list. Not even close, whether you like them or not.
    There were quite a few that I like that were on there unfairly I think. Sounds more like personal preferences for the writers, rather than reality.

His list can not be considered valid to me for one reason in particular. He didn't include Limp Bizkit. YUK. Fred Durst couldn't buy an ounce of talent even if he had Bill Gates' entire fortune. blahhhh

6. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Yanni and Air Supply DEFINITELY deserve to be on that list - FINALLY SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!!!

Heh, except John Tesh is WORSE than Yanni... and that's saying a lot.

7. mrbunny666

mrbunny666 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    HEY!!
    At least we admitted that we sucked.

8. mrbunny666

Jul 23, 2002
    44 MANOWAR: music, still good. Image, I have to agree.
    37 THE DOORS: sorry. I believe their kick ass songs make up for the crappy ones.
    22 PRIMUS: excuse me? go ******************. I disagree.
    8 VANILLA ICE: ok. but only for his rap stuff. I found his hardcore metal stuff not too bad.
    1 INSANE CLOWN POSSE: I find them ALOT more interesting & entertaining than any emo carp or rap these days. Yeak, they are jerks. But creative jerks.

9. KREATOR

KREATOR Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2003
    didnt bother looking at the list but I agreee with anything that was rap.

:D

10. mrbunny666

Jul 23, 2002
    I notice there is no country music there.
    I may not like country but I'm sure there is some country music lover on the boards somewhere who could give an honest opinion to a crappy country band.

11. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    That was hilarious but I didn't agree about Live.

12. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Crappy country? Heh. :D Well, with the exception of Alabama and very few of the golden oldies, ALL of country is crap.

;)

Okay, that's my opinion. But, hey, I listened to it for 3 years due to all the **** on "regular" stations, and because I honestly didn't know where to find the good stuff. So, my opinion isn't unwarranted - but it IS my opinion.

:D

13. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    I used to hate country... Until I heard Shiloh. Now I hate all country except Shiloh.

www.shilohtheband.com

Anyway, I happen to like Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

14. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Hey :eek: I like Oingo Boingo! :p

Crappy Country... Shania, Confederate Railroad, Toby Keith (after the first album and his sudden infusion of over-inflated ego :p ), Leanne Rimes and all the other manufactured, commercial, syrupy/pop acts that the recording companies have foisted upon the airwaves in the last 5 years :p

As for my vote for bad acts... Jimmy Eat World, Christopher Cross, Dokken, Debarge, Rockwell, Midnight Oil, Hanson, any graduate of the New Mickey Mouse Club :p

15. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    Hey now! No fair!! Shiloh is good!

And Carson can actually write his own music, and play instruments!!

BTW... MMC was cool. I mean, come on. They wore bright neon colors and did steps like the Running Man and the Roger Rabbit. ;)

And I've seen some of the music videos that they made... Not bad for teens.

16. Dikion

Dikion Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Crappity Country.....
    that one guy with a mullet and an achy-breaky heart.
    Horrible.
    Billy Ray Cyrus. Just plain torcher.

I hear he's just as bad of an actor. Got some show on PAX.

-D-

17. TyriaTainer

TyriaTainer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    music is total opinion. no matter what kind of list you can come up with, i'm sure there will be something on there i'll disagree with.

i am a country music fan. i like to listen to it, and i think a lot of it is so true. anyway, i agree that today's country is too poppy. give me my twang, steel guitar and fiddle any day of the week (shania, *shudder*) but there are some bands putting out good stuff. i love, love, diamond rio. awesome harmony, good lyrics. but again, this is just my opinion. i'm always willing to give something a try, if someone is willing to give me the chance.

18. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    Oingo Boingo rules! Danny Elfman is a god. Period. Anyone who disagrees can't have listened to the soundtrack for Edward Scissorhands. Music doesn't get any more beautiful than that.

any graduate of the New Mickey Mouse Club
    Zoo you crack me up ;P

19. ashliepink

ashliepink Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2004
    Live and O-Bongo rules, they have no idea what they are talking about.

They are right about Color Me Bad......

20. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I used to believe that Randy Newman was the the quintessential movie score composer for modern American cinema, but I think Elfman has taken the throne in recent years... He does an amazing job of capturing emotion in music, without resorting to the classical kitsch found in most scores today (Horner & Glass come to mind :p ). Now, as for classical movie scoring, you just can't go wrong with Williams, Bernstein & Mancini. :) If you have any doubts, watch the first 5 minutes of To Kill A Mockingbird, A Touch of Evil or any Star Wars movie. The scores in those scenes are so powerful and evoke so much emotion that they set the bar for those films without ever having seen any of the movie! :eek: :D

Diamond Rio - Not bad, and does have some talent

Shiloh - Can't say I've heard of them... Have they come out in the last 5 years? :p

Billy Ray - May you die in a vat of over-priced haircare products and save the world your presence :p

Steel & Twang - Give it to me in large doses!!!!! I have quite a collection of ET, Kitty, Patsy, Loretta & Lyle... And that doesn't even include all the other stuff and the Bluegrass albums to boot! :p

Music in general - By and large I have nothing against any one type of music, and have been able to find something from every genre that I enjoy. What I have found is the common factor in everything I listen to... Talent: it doesn't have to be vocal talent (afterall, I love Lyle Lovett), it can be songwriting, playing, vocal, performance, etc. They just have to be dedicated to their form and have some kind of proficiency in it. :)

21. Master_Ronin

Master_Ronin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    OK, here's the ones I disagree with:

50. Iron Butterfly - Sure, they only had one good song... but that song is UNBELIEVEABLE...17 minutes long, not one digitized note. One of the best drum solos ever.

49. Toad the Wet Sprocket - Again, just one notable song, but what an emotional song.

37. The Doors - You've gotta be ****ing me. I'm not even going to start, cause I probably won't stop.

35. Paul Oakenfold - awesome DJ.

22. Primus - If only for their little diddy to open South Park.

15. Yanni - Just kidding...wanted to make sure you were paying attention.

1. Insane Clown Posse - Listened to them quite a bit in highschool, I have this one song of theirs, kinda hard to describe, but it actually had some meaning, and made you think. The rest of the songs, well, that parental warning label isn't there for nothing. ;)

22. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    my worst bands(must include people playing instruments)..

1. pearl jam
    2. Korn
    3. rage against the machine
    4. ANY country

and for the record PRIMUS AND OINGO BOINGO ROCK!!!

23. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    Jimmy Eat World: AMEN!
    I can't stand them since their last album, even if one of the guitarists trained one of my teachers.

24. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Just because someone is in a band doesn't mean they know anything about music... right Bunny? ;)

25. KREATOR

KREATOR Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2003
    Ever heard of the Sea Hags?

This was the worst tape I ever bought. Back in the late 80's sometime.

Good grief. I dont even remember it much but it stuck in my heard as being terrible. Faster Pussy Cat meets the Doors with a pirate theme. lol...prolly not accurate but you can imagine pretty terrible.

A.C. is pretty terrible too (cant type thier real name), eyehategod and exit 13 rank up there too. I dont like Grind Core or Grind Sludge or whatever you call it. Noise to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.