main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would the Force work on a zombie?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by aasdkasdg, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aasdkasdg

aasdkasdg Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2011
    Ok, people use the Force due to midi-chlorians, etc etc etc, blah blah blah, ok.

Well considering how most corpses become reanimated, most of their other functions stop, save for certain brain impulses. So, how many Force abilities could be used on those damned ghouls?

Come to think of it, would the Force work on undead in general?

Could Darth Vader crush those Dawn of the Dead zombies into paste using the Force Grip?

Could Luke Skywalker play Jedi Mind-tricks on Dracula? Inquiring minds want to know!

Furthermore, I have another question. It only applies to the Jedi, as the Sith obviously wouldn't give a hoot: Would it be in line with their ethics, to Force Push a zombie, or to treat it in a vicious way, in general? As it used to be a living person, etc etc?

The rule in answering this, is the undead in question is undead, not some 'Star Wars' variant, not some 'altered human' or whatever. It has to be a walking corpse of some kind. Them's the rules.

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i'd have to say the zombies in death troopers should definitely qualify...

have to figure out what to say beyond that.

3. aasdkasdg

aasdkasdg Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2011
    Yeah, it's a tough question, I know.

4. GenSkywalker

GenSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2010
    LOL, I've been wondering the same thing cuz I'm almost done reading The Strain.

5. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    I think midi-chlorians allow YOU to use the force, not allow the force to use you.... :p i mean allow you to be manipulated by it.

For instance, I see force-grip as the air being compressed around the neck, not the manipulation of the midi-chlorians within the one being choked. Because for force-push, how would cells within your body throw you back like that? I don't think that's possible [within a world where impossible things are possible, anyway]

6. Sy_The_Photo_Guy

Sy_The_Photo_Guy Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2004
    Depends on what kind of zombie you refer to. Romero-inspired zombies had enough cognizance/reflex to return to the scene of their lives, as in the mall. Mind tricks could probably be used on some of those guys. Enough to coax them into a bonfire or to the barrel of a gun.

7. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    Well, as far as throwing a zombie across the room, sure, why not?

As far as getting an animated corpse to pick up an accordian and start playing polka music...

[face_thinking]

8. Sy_The_Photo_Guy

Sy_The_Photo_Guy Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2004
    Yeah. They could be tossed around, electrocuted if we are talking Dark Side, pulled apart or crushed, and I still hypothesize that basic commands could be enforced if tapping into their instincts. Heck, "Bub" could talk in Day of the Dead.

9. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Normal Force abilities, such as pushing, pulling, flinging around like a ragdoll, and so forth, ought to work, as it's simply a matter of using an external force: and that works on both living creatures and inanimate objects. Mind tricks and such are the only ones that would really be in question, and that would depend on the exact type of zombie, and whether it has any higher functions remaining to be confused or if it's simply a reanimated corpse (driven by some sort of magic, as opposed to a plagued body still propelled by its baser instincts). Doubt it would have any meaningful effect beyond confusion, since there's usually little in the way of intelligence or thought left to be redirected in any desired direction.

They do it to living beings all the time, so...yeah, probably.

10. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    physical effects, like telekinetics should work on them, just as a Force user can levitate a stone.

Trying to alter the perceptions in a zombie's head (jedi mind tricks, making them think they are seeing or hearing something different) -- might not work as well. instead of thinking of them as the species they once were, think of them as a less sentient life form (like a simple predatory animal), or maybe even as a parasite or disease in the body (depending on how the zombie-ness works) and deal with how that life form thinks/sees/feels.

11. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    There is the Beast Mind Trick though like we see in KOTOR II, so if that is the case and a zombie is similair to a predatory animal, then it would just take a few alterations to the Beast Trick to make it work on a zombie in the same manner.

12. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    there's always taking control of them as well, like kyp did a few times for instance.

13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I don't see why not. Telekinesis for sure, mind tricks might be a little bit harder, but not inconceivable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.