main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wow the new Obi-Wan lightsaber rocks

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by AmazingDM, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I really couldn't stand the vibration effect in this saber so tonight I performed a little lightsaber surgery. I removed all of the screws in the handle and popped it open. The seams of the two halves are lightly glued, so you have to use a little effort. It doesn't come apart at the end where the blade attaches, so you have to just wedge it open. On the inside you'll see a yellow capsule - this is the vibrator. You'll see two wires going into the side of it, black and red. All you have to do is snip these wires. Snap everything back together, put back the screws, and you have a much improved lightsaber!!

2. Shira_Brie

Shira_Brie Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2005
    Just a question about the batteries--

Someone said the Obi-Wan lightsaber takes AA batteries, but I've been looking online at the description and everywhere I see the "Revenge of the Sith Obi-Wan Kenobi Electronic Lightsaber" it says 2 C batteries. The Hasbro website, Amazon.com, Target.com all say this. (Except Walmart which says 3 C batteries....)

Am I missing something or am I looking at the wrong lightsaber?

I just found the Mace Windu one in Walmart for the lovely price of $15.33. I took it out of the box and the handle is huge!!! And rather unwieldy. How's the Obi-Wan one compare in size? I know the Mace Windu one is a repackage but I wanted the purple blade...if only they could get the handle right I'd be in my glory. I love his lightsaber. (But I'm a small person! Need nice, light, well-balanced lightsaber!)

Also--saw on Starwarsshop.com that Rubie's has a Mace Windu light-up saber with a correct-looking handle. Anyone know if this is a good item to buy?

Thanks all,

--Melissa

3. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    The new Obi-Wan saber does take 3 AA batteries. Those online descriptions were probably just stolen from the old lightsabers - lazy. And it is smaller than the older styles. It fits well in my small female hands. :p

The Mace Windu saber from Rubies isn't *too* bad. The actual hilt is quite nice, but it's made out of cheaper plastic than the Hasbro electronic sabers. And the blade is also made out of thinner, cheaper plastice. BUT, the blade does retract entirely into the hilt, which is a nice feature. (However, there's nothing to stop the blade from falling out if you had it hanging on your belt.) It's lit with a pretty dull lightbulb, so you won't get too great of an effect from it. I still think they're fun, though.

4. Shira_Brie

Shira_Brie Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2005
    Thanks for the reply! Yeah, the Mace Windu one is HUGE for me...and the lights are really dim. I had it on in a dark room and it was barely glowing.

Awesome...I think I'm going to pick up an Obi-Wan saber. It's pretty sleek-looking, and glad to hear it's a more "elegant" size.

Maybe if I don't break the bank I'll check out the other Mace Windu saber--at least the handle is close to the mini Master Replica of his. I love the contrasting colors on it.

--Melissa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.