main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Why do you think The Rock was brought in? :p

2. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012

3. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    ROCK was probably the last truly GREAT gimmick in wrestling...

After WCW was purchased and Kurt Angle slowed down wrestling hit the wall.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I think the ending was booked all wrong. If they wanted Rock/Cena what I would have done is still go with lights out, but it's Punk that's laid out instead of Rock. Punk revives before the three, but Rock finishes a weak Punk a short time after with a Rock Bottom or People's Elbow. As Rock's celebrating you cut to Vince watching on the monitor with the Shield, revealing that it was him behind
    group all along. Then you have either two options: A Punk/Rock rematch at Elimination Chamber as Rock disavows all knowledge of the Sheild once it's revealed that Vince was behind it (and Punk's other troubles last year), and offer's Punk the rematch, or Vince circumvents Punk's rematch clause and it leads to Punk/Vince with Triple H interfering as Punk tries to get a GTS on Vince leading to a Triple H/Punk rematch at WM.

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    To quote a friend:

Well the HOF has just been stratisfied

6. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    I guess we can pencil in Lesnar-Triple H II for Wrestlemania also. That's another one that wasn't that good the first time and I don't really care to see again.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I still haven't actually seen the match yet so...[face_dunno]

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    The problem with Vince screwing Punk is that it makes Punk into a face which is what Rock is supposed to be.

True enough, Vince & WWE only seem to put effort in when they have challengers or face serious ratings issues. Unless TNA steps up and becomes more of a WCW type of threat then WWE will carry on being mediocre so long as they can make money that way.

9. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012

The popular theory of "competition breeds better products," is definitely true in this instance...

WWE was had some of their best years during the Monday night wars. I remember being younger and watching this stuff with my friends, thinking It was awesome. Characters seem very lame now, even their names suck, lol...

Regardless, id still like to have seen the Rock match at the Rumble.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Turn Cena heel before he faces off with the Rock and make Rock clueless as to what Vince was doing (yeah, I'm not a fan of making the babyface dumb like that, but with Rock and his fanbase you could probably pull it off better than say, using Cena in this instance), problem solved. If their so gung - ho to do Cena/Rock II at 'Mania, then now's the perfect time to go full on heel with John. Because honestly, Cena will get booed whether he goes up against Punk or Rock.

And Monday was probably the worst and weirdest promo I ever seen Cena give. Good job John on giving away the Elimination Chamber rematch before Punk actually invoked his rematch clause.:p

And TNA won't become a threat so long as Hogan has creative control over that company.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  12. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Well that's good. What was the hold up?

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Sammartino wanting nothing to do with Vince McMahon or his version of the WWE for the longest time. Apparently Triple H was the icebreaker here.

14. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Were the Mayans just a few months late about the end of the world? Because I'm pretty sure this is one of the signs of the Apocalypse.

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    As a matter of fact, I keep looking out my window to see if Pigs are flying...

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Sammartino's HOF vid that was leaked on YouTube yesterday. Note this is not the one that aired on RAW last night. I'll post that one when either WWE puts it up or I find it on my own.

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    So Hulk Hogan was on Football Focus today making predictions of the Premier League results over the weekend, despite admitting he knows nothing about European sport.

He predicted Chelsea to beat Wigan 40-1 o_O

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] [face_laugh] I heard that he was on there making predictions, not the prediction itself (I'm not a big soccer fan and even I know that's off by a BIG margin). I'll have to hunt down the interview on YouTube for laughs.

On a more serious note, Miz's current push is likely to be very short - lived since apparently, Miz dropped Punk on his head last night at a houseshow in a botched move gone wrong. By most legit source accounts, it looks like Punk was just shaken up but still.... There's a reason I still cannot watch that SummerSlam match where Owen tombstone's Austin.

Oh and Undertaker's in Nashville where RAW's taking place tomorrow. Take that for what you will.

19. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    Punk called the Pope a Nazi on Twitter this morning so the Miz might not be the only one in hot water.

20. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    you mean the same pope that helped relocate all the child molesting priests... He should be in jail.

21. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    I won't disagree and when he was young he actually was a Nazi but it being true doesn't mean Punk won't get in trouble for saying it.

22. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    really??? there was a time in WWE that a guy like Stone Cold could've done and said anything...

He might've been the only guy who was more "OVER" with the crowd than Hogan...

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Considering how many other people in the world have called the current Pope a Nazi, I think the only way Punk gets in trouble over it, would be if it caused some sort of media attention, which probably isn't likely, given as stated, Punk's not the first to say that towards the current Pope.

Edit: If he had gone all full - on Ted Nugent about it, that might be a different story.

24. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Indeed, I use that insult against the Pope all the time.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.