main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [X-Men First Class] Repercussions - Update: 1/1/12

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Yodaminch, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I don't see Sinister making an appearance this time though. So you can have your soul back

[face_laugh]

Fine. I can keep it until next time. :p [face_mischief]

If a further Xmen story is so forthcoming, I would follow you on that ride as well. :cool:

?-There I agree with you Charles. Which is why I?ve had Lorna working on completing the Danger Room. I?m sure Hank can have it programmed by tomorrow.?

?I-? Hank said

?-It?s settled then? Erik declared, ?I?ll see you all bright and early for training.?

Manipulative sneak. o_O [face_love]

A great back and forth here - as much as Charles is growing, so is Erik, and it was sad to see him grow from the 'they're just children' attitude he once had. :( I saw lots of Ian McKellen's Magneto there. =D=

Scott saw several bags at the foot of the bed that belonged to Jean. He realized with a bit of sadness that he had no bags of his own. He had only the filthy, torn clothes he was wearing. The few possessions he had had at the orphanage were long gone, likely claimed by one of the other boys. Scott cleared his mind of these thoughts. That was his old life. It was time to move on and make the most of this new opportunity he?d been given.

Oh sweetie. [:D]

I loved this section here - already Jean and Scott have such a closeness, and it was wonderful to see Scott take the first step towards settling in - he deserves a place to belong. [face_love]

Great character moments all around! =D=

~MJ @};-

2. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    How did I miss these two chapters? I will have to catch up tomorrow.

3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Finals are over and I can write again. Expect at least one more chapter by Christmas. And then hopefully, I'll get back into a pattern for the new year.

Mira_Jade: I'd certainly be happy to have you along for any ride involving Sinister. While this story is far from over, I definitely know that I plan at least one more story. Charles and Erik are definitely growing and as you'll see, their philosophical differences will only grow more pronounced as this story progresses. I'm glad you're enjoying Scott and Jean, as you'll see by this next chapter, the whole idea of lost souls coming together is a major theme of this story. Each character has experienced loneliness and it's this coming together as a family and a team that makes the X-Men so unique

mrjop2: Hopefully you're all caught up now :)

[b]Chapter 27[/b]

Charles found that waking up was much easier on this particular morning. Using the hoverchair, he was able to bathe and dress before 8am. He also felt more refreshed. The pain he had suffered the previous day seemed to have faded. He ran a comb through his brown hair and brushed his teeth. Finished with his hygiene, Charles proceeded downstairs to find Eric waiting for him.

?What?s going on Charles?? Erik asked, ?I thought we had planned to train this morning??

Charles smiled at his friend as the hoverchair descended the last step. He motioned to the chair next to Erik and said ?Hank needs more time to finish. In the mean time, you and I have another student to visit.?

Erik let out a frustrated sigh. ?Another student? I thought we had been through this Charles. We agreed-?

?-No, you agreed Eric. I did not.? Charles hoisted himself out of the hoverchair and swung himself into the wheelchair with great effort. He took a few moments to gather his breath before speaking again.

?We agreed that the sentinels must be stopped. But the methods are a different matter. We are facing an unknown enemy. They could have an army for all we know. Surely you can agree we need more on our side as well??

Eric fell into silent contemplation. After a few moments he asked, ?Exactly who is it we?re attempting to recruit??

Moira was sitting at the dining room table with Scott and Jean when Raven had awoken. In order not to offend anyone, Raven had dressed in a sweater and long pants. And, she admitted, it was rather cold out. As she entered, she turned to look at Scott.

Raven eyed the young man with a mix of curiosity and pity as he consumed his breakfast like he had not eaten in weeks. Judging by how Charles? old clothes hung off the boy, Raven was fairly certain he indeed had not eaten much in weeks. It once more filled her with anger. A young boy forced to suffer just because he was different. She often wondered what life would have been like had Charles not found her. Perhaps it was that fateful event that now caused her oldest friend to provide chances for others like young Scott.

Raven saw Jean suddenly look at her and she willed her thoughts away, unsure of just how powerful Jean was. She sat down at the table and poured herself a bowl of cereal.

?Where?s Erik?? she asked.

Moira set down her coffee and turned to face Raven.

?He and Charles went to approach another mutant about joining us.?

Raven?s face fell. Erik had not told her of this.

?Do we know when they?ll be back??

Moira shook her head. ?It may be a few hours.?

She motioned to Scott and Jean. ?I?m going to be taking these two out shopping. You?re welcome to join us.?

Raven blinked, taken aback at the offer. ?I uh..?

?We?re buying Christmas gifts as well.? Jean added.

?I suppose I should accompany you? Raven replied, ?It will be safer to travel in a large group.?

Moira nodded, ?You?re right of course. We?ll leave just as soon as these two finish their-?

The doorbell cut Moira off. She rose from her place at the table and went over to answer it.
    Unsure of who was at the door, Raven changed to her human disguise and heard an audible gasp of surprise from Scott.

Ignoring it, she strained to hear what Moira was saying.

?Yes? Can

4. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I seriously have so much adoration for this story. I was thrilled to have a new update. [face_love]

Raven eyed the young man with a mix of curiosity and pity as he consumed his breakfast like he had not eaten in weeks. Judging by how Charles? old clothes hung off the boy, Raven was fairly certain he indeed had not eaten much in weeks. It once more filled her with anger. A young boy forced to suffer just because he was different. She often wondered what life would have been like had Charles not found her. Perhaps it was that fateful event that now caused her oldest friend to provide chances for others like young Scott.

And I adore the new verse for this - we get to see characters interact in such different ways than their comic counterparts. I love the empathy that Raven had for Scott here - and I would love to see any vein of that further explored. =D=

Also, a great insight into Charles almost mother hen psyche. He is indeed a collector of lost souls. Or will be. :p

Unsure of who was at the door, Raven changed to her human disguise and heard an audible gasp of surprise from Scott.

[face_laugh] Loved that tidbit!

Raven and Moira exchanged an unspoken thought. But Raven was certain Jean heard it from the girl?s slight intake of breath. She was really going to have to watch her thoughts from now on.

I loved the protective females here - at least on Raven's part. I can only imagine Moira's thoughts. :(

And telepath!Jean is looking to be a treat! [face_laugh]

?She?s a mutant. I could sense it in her thoughts.? Jean replied. The girl seemed to have accepted that she could not yet control her ability but the declaration chilled Raven to the bone.

A. Treat. :cool:

Jean shook her heard. I don?t think so. She was just feeling lonely. She saw all of us together and it must have reminded her of what she didn?t have because she?s a mutant.?

?I know that feeling.? Scott replied.

?So do I.? Raven said quietly.

I have mentioned my love for this theme of togetherness amongst outcasts, I believe. [face_love] That love is running strong at this moment. :)

?Your son is not a freak.? Eric began, ?He is a mutant. He was born superior to ordinary humans.?

Such tact. So not the right thing needed to say to defuse the situation. :p

?You have the ability to fly- to soar up to the heavens. This is a gift the very few will ever share.?

?You should be very proud young man. You are a savior of men, much like the angels in heaven. You are meant for great things.?

[face_love] I loved meeting a young Warren here. Such a beautiful gift he has! It is a shame that he - and his father don't see it that way. :(

Such a wonderful update! I can't wait to read more. =D=

~MJ @};-

5. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Mira_Jade: Thanks. Raven's development has been a fun one to write. As you're seeing she's still struggling between wanting acceptance and wanting to just fit in. This dilemma will continue for a bit. As to Charles, I definitely see him as a collector of lost souls. Because he's one as well. That family dynamic of the X-Men is a very important one. I'm glad you enjoyed the interactions with Moira, Raven, Jean and Amelia. I'd wanted to bring Amelia back for some time but just hadn't found a way. I thought it important that all the women in Charles life have a chance to meet. And yes, young Jean is fun to write. Eric's definitely not the best recruiter when it comes to getting people to come around, but I see him as a perfect Bad Cop to Charles' Good Cop. Glad you enjoyed Warren. I wasn't sure just how I wanted to portray him, but I think the family's black sheep seems like the best portrayal.

[b]Chapter 28[/b]

After a lengthy ?conversation? with Warren Worthington II, Charles, Eric and Warren left the office building a short time later. Warren packed light, bringing only one suitcase. Once Erik had settled Charles in the passenger seat, he started the van and began heading back towards the mansion.

The ride proceeded in silence. Warren seemed fixated on the scenes outside his window and Charles seemed to have fallen asleep from the quick glances Erik took while driving.
    Erik approached a stop light up ahead, and just as the light turned green, he heard Charles.

?Turn Right Erik! Quickly!?

Startled by the tone, Erik gripped the wheel tightly and turned it sharply to the right as the van proceeded down the side street.

?Charles, What-?

?Left here? Charles instructed

?-is going?

?Keep on this road?

?-on?? Erik finished.

Before Charles could respond, Erik slammed on the breaks as a young boy nearly collided with the car. Before Erik could register what was happening, he saw several larger boys giving chase.

?Erik, go after him? Charles instructed.

Knowing better than to waste time looking for answers, Erik put the car in park, unfastened his seat belt and hurried down the alley the other boys had gone.

?-Just a joke guys? Bobby Drake said. He inched up further along the back of the alley, unable to escape the approaching group of football players that had given chase.

?Yeah. Real funny Drake? one of the players replied.

?I got a joke? Another said, ?What?s white, red, black and blue all over??

The football player stared at Bobby, waiting for the freshman to answer his riddle.

?Uh-?

?You when we?re through with you!? The other boy replied.

?C?mon guys! It?s just a harmless prank?

?Hold him down!? one of the boys shouted.

Bobby hugged the brick wall behind him and closed his eyes instinctively, willing for this all to be over soon.

?What the heck?!? one of the boys shouted.

?It?s Drake!? One of them yelled.

?What?s he doing?? another player cried.

?He?s some sort of- freak!? another shouted.

Bobby, perplexed at what was going on, carefully opened one eye. And then both eyes opened wide.

In front of him were several of the football players encased up to their waists in solid ice.

?C-ccut it ooout!? one of the players said.

Bobby was stunned. He looked down at his hands and saw that they were made of solid ice. He continued to look down and realized is entire body [i]was[/i] ice.

?Let?s get out of here!? the remaining, unaffected players shouted.

Bobby was too frozen from shock to move. He heard their footsteps as they ran. A moment later he heard movement.

?Hey man! Out of our waaaaaaaaaaaaay!?

A loud crash echoed through the alleyway. Years of experience told bobby that one of the boys had just become aquainted with the dumpster.

?Another one!? Bobby heard.

?Run for it!? Another shouted.

Bobby heard two more metallic clangs and then nothing. He looked out at the other boys who were doing their best to break out of the ice they?d become trapped in.

[b]Do not be alarmed Bobby. Help is on the way[/b]

?Whose there?? Bobby asked, craning his neck to look

?Nnnoow he here

6. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Chapter 25: And now we have Storm. Wow, the Shadow King. For a moment there, I was suspecting Apokolips.

Chapter 26: Ahhh, the danger room. Now they'll really get a good training.

Chapter 27 & 28 will be later this week.

7. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Chapter 27: Angel's been recruited. This is getting good.

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Bobby! [face_love]

I love the cast that you are building up here. [face_love] Bobby is such a sweetheart, and seeing him freeze the bullies here was amusing - even if it was quite the shock to poor Bobby. Once again, your dialogue and feelings were spot on.

I loved them coming home to the Christmas spread - that's the perfect thing to help the group start to bond, even more.

And then . . .

Erik glanced up at Raven and to his dismay, saw that she was wearing her human disguise. Raven?s face fell at seeing Erik?s expression and she turned to head back inside.

Oh Raven! [:D]

Once again, great characterizations - I can understand her morphing back and forth with so many new faces. I would love to be in on their conversation later. [face_batting]

Again, great update, I can't wait to see where you go from here. [:D]

~MJ @};-

9. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    mrjop2: Glad to see you're mostly caught up. Glad you're enjoying the most recent developments.

Mira_Jade: I'm glad you enjoyed Bobby's introduction. Since this is now officially a reboot and not trying to tie into the existing films, I wanted to have Bobby. He's a fun character to write and I already had some fun with him in this chapter. As to Raven, I'm glad you enjoyed that bit. Obviously not everyone is enjoying the holiday and as you'll see there is a Scrooge at the Xavier Institute.

[b]Chapter 29[/b]

Scott awoke early the next morning. Though it was only Christmas Eve, the pure joy of the past few days made it difficult to sleep. For the first time in a very long time, Scott was enjoying being a part of a family again. He had enjoyed the shopping and attention he?d received from Moira, Raven and even Jean at the mall. Thanks to their input, Scott now had a full winter?s wardrobe. Afterwards, the group had gone to purchase Christmas decorations and Scott, along with Hank and Lorna, helped them set everything up in time for the Professor?s return.

Charles and Erik had brought home two more mutants close to his and Jean?s age and Scott was struck by how easy it was to speak to them. Warren, like Scott, seemed to feel like he could finally be himself. Bobby also had an ability, but was fortunate that he could seem to turn it on and off. Scott hoped he might one day be able to do the same. The visor allowed him to see, but it still caused a few stares when out in public.

Deciding he?d been in bed long enough, he removed the heavy comforter from his bed and swung his legs over the side of the bed to put on his new slippers. He got up and retrieved his new bathrobe and secured it around his waist. Scott glanced over at the clock to see that it was six in the morning. He could see the sun?s light just starting to hit his window, reflecting off the snowy ground.

Scott quietly opened the door and headed down the hall. He passed by several of the other bedrooms and saw that Jean, Moira and the professor all seemed to still be sleeping. Scott continued to make his way to the staircase when he heard a creak from the floorboard behind him.
    Instinctively, Scott whirled around to investigate.

?Morning Scott? Warren replied, stifling a yawn.

Scott looked over at the other boy who was only a few months older than himself. Warren was wearing a pair of pajama bottoms and slippers. Like Scott noticed the day before, Warren seemed unable or unwilling to wear a shirt.

?Aren?t you cold?? Scott couldn?t resist asking.

?You get used to it after a while.? Warren replied, attempting to deflect the question.

Scott nodded and motioned for Warren to follow. As they neared the stairs, Scott felt his feet start to go out from under him.

?Wh-!? he exclaimed.

?I got you? Warren replied.

Scott turned to find himself floating a few feet in the air. He looked down to see a patch of ice on the floor. Scott?s eyes followed the patch back to the room the professor had assigned to Bobby. A moment later, Bobby?s door opened and the boy appeared. He too had his bathrobe fastened tightly around him. Scott noticed something in the other boy?s hands.

?This has got to stop!? Bobby said in a harsh whisper, brandishing what Scott could see to be frozen scraps of a pajama shirt.

?Freeze in your sleep?? Warren asked.

Bobby nodded. ?At this rate, I?m gonna need a whole new wardrobe by tomorrow?

?Hopefully not.?

The boys spun around to see Hank carefully navigating the impromptu ice rink in the hallway. One look at the other man and Scott could tell Hank had not slept again.
    ?We?ll need to thaw that out before the others awaken.? Hank observed.

He turned to the three boys.

?I hope you don?t mind, but I have some early Christmas gifts for the three of you that should help.?

Hank motioned the boys towards his room. Warren, still in flight and holding Scott, turned to follow while Bobby carefully skidded across the ice patch. Warren lowered Scott to the floor just outside the opening to Hank?s bedroom. Scott entered with the

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Bobby also had an ability, but was fortunate that he could seem to turn it on and off. Scott hoped he might one day be able to do the same. The visor allowed him to see, but it still caused a few stares when out in public.

I do like having Bobby amongst the older class. Honestly, teenage Bobby in the movies annoyed me, and I liked the chance to see him differently here.

And that is a neat point about mutants who can pass for 'normal', and those who can not. That was the crux of a lot of Raven and Charles' debates, I believe - and all too often, the mutants who are extreme are those who can't hide. It's an interesting cause and effect. [face_thinking]

?This has got to stop!? Bobby said in a harsh whisper, brandishing what Scott could see to be frozen scraps of a pajama shirt.

?Freeze in your sleep?? Warren asked.

[face_laugh]

I love the antics of having the powers learned here. :p

?THIS! This is what?s wrong Charles!?

?A snowball fight?? Charles inquired.

?Play time! While our enemies work, you allow them to play in the snow!?

Why, hello Scrooge. :p

While there are some aspects of Erik's character that I do adore, it is sad to see more and more of the 'Magneto' persona seep into his life. Balance, balance is so what is needed, and yet he is slipping more and more. :(

?You see? They are learning how to control their powers. It may be a simple snowball fight, but look at how they won. Scott?s tactics, Jean?s power, Warren aerial scouting and Bobby?s resourcefulness. It seems to me like a training session.?

SCORE! :cool:

Erik scoffed. ?Perhaps you?re right Charles. And should we suffer an attack from a snowman, I?m sure we?ll be fine. But do you honestly believe any of them are ready to take on a Sentinel??

And he to is right. :( Once again, there has to be a balance, with everything. Even between their POV's.

?Shaw was a charlatan. He may have been immortal, but he was never invulnerable. And that overconfidence in his abilities was his undoing.?

?And it may be yours as well Amahl.?

Oooh Selene. The Black Queen has always been a fascinating character ? especially with her own brand of psychic abilities. I can't wait to see how throwing her into the mix will change things.

And, as always, Amahl is a fun villain to mess around with. This is shaping up quite nicely! =D=

~MJ @};-