main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Men: The Animated Series

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I know that the one with Juggarnaut loosing his powers and the Apocalypse/spaceship episodes exist. I have them in my collection. :D Unfortunetly I'm at work and don't know the episode names off the top of my head.

In the Jugs episode Juggarnaut attacks the X-Mansion to get at Xavier. (Like he needs a reason :p) Meanwhile there's a nerdy guy working at some archealogical dig in a non-descript country and unearths the Gem of Cyterak (the crystal that gives Jugs his powers). He casts some sort of spell and gets Jugs armor and strength, just as part of the mansion collapsed on Juggarnaut, putting him in a coma as he lost the armor and his powers. Xavier goes into his mind to find out what needs to be done and sends Wolverine and Cyclops to track down the guy and get the gem back. They suceed and Juggarnaut recasts the spell and throws the gem into orbit. He then leaves without a fight. (That was all from memory, WOW)

The Apocalypse episode dealt mainly with Archangel wanting revenge. He buys an ancient manuscript from some guy (who is later revealed to BE Apocalypse) that tells of an ancient alien prison that could hold him. He tracks it down with the X-Men and they suceed in trapping Apocalypse with the help of the snetient computer who forms a friendship with Beast. Unfortunetly, Apocalypse was wise to the whole plan and had already reprogrammed the computer to follow his commands and he uses it to try and kill/trap the X-Men. Everyone manages to escape, excpet for the computer (IIRC) self-destrcuted.

What were the other eps you didn't find? I don't remember ever seeing a Mystique/Magneto episode. Their "relationship" was mostly invented for the movies and in the comics barely ever had any contact with each other.

2. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    This show (along with the Spider-man cartoon) was one of the staples of my childhood cartoon afternoons. The animation and writing weren't nearly as good as the DC cartoons, but the stories were great sci-fi. I haven't seen a full episode in years though and would love to revisit them on DVD.

3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    In the one where bishop and shard go back with wolverine and storm to prevent an assassination on xaver, there seemed to be a sort of age of the apocalypse with magneto leading and wolverine and storm and others fighting under him.

4. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005

i vaguely remember that episode

5. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    That's based of off Days of the Future Past. Age of Apocalypse was when a time traveller killed Xavier back before he formed the X-Men and Apocalypse managed to take over North America. In AoA Magneto led the X-Men and Cyclops followed Apocalypse. And on a side note I'd just like to say that today I bought Age of Apocalypse: The Complete Epic Vol. 3! [face_dancing]

6. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Mmmm. AoA is great. It would of been grand to see it in animated form, though I'd like to see them use a slightly differnt animation style to better reflect the comics.

7. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Another great part of the show was Cathal J. Dodd's voice acting as Wolverine. He captured the essence of the character perfectly. To this day, when I read Wolverine's dialogue in the comics, that's the voice I hear in my head. He later went on to voice Wolverine in various videogames.

8. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    I bought the first 16 of them (or so) on VHS. I would love to see a DVD come out with them!.

9. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i have recently acquired the 1st season. it's been so long. i love this show:)

10. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm actually surpsised that the DVD isn't being released around this time. You'd think they'd want to capitalize on the "last" X-Men movie as it comes out in theaters.

11. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    that would be the logical thing to do

12. JediofJade

JediofJade Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 1999
    I watched this show every Saturday morning. Rogue was my favorite character, of course, but all the characters had awesome VA's. I was still longing for Storm's VA when I saw X1 and X2.

I don't remember too much of the plots, just that Gambit and Rogue were an item, and Jubilee kind of annoyed me. And Wolverine was ugly. Oh, and Scott had ridiculously large muscles.

I downloaded the theme a few weeks ago during a phone conversation with my brother that revolved around the cartoon. Good times. @};-

13. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    The only one of the X-Men on the show I didn't like was Morph. He was a made-up character who had Mystique's powers. He got a little more interesting when they turned him evil, but not by much.

14. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i thought he died in like the 2nd episode? :confused:

15. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    No, they thought he did, but he came back later.

16. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    :oops: shows how long it's been since i've seen some of the episodes

17. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Shows how nerdy I am to have remembered that. :D

18. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    one of the things i liked was the way Beast's character was in the show especially in the 1st season. he could've chosen to break out of prison but he wanted to stay in and let the judicial system take care and show how he wasn't dangerous

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I rather liked Morph- especially when they brought him back.

20. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i have to go with what SOTS said about him. he just seemed like someone else with mystique's powers

21. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Ah, but Mystique hadn't shown up yet.

Not to mention the shock of the "funny lovable" character getting killed off in the first couple episodes. I loved it.

22. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    he actually seemed a little annoying to me

23. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Well yeah, Morph was annoying as hell. But he was supposed to be funny and lovable. ;)

24. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Morph was created simply to be killed off in the 2nd episode. It was the creator's way of making the series more mature by killing a character in the first couple episodes so fans wouldn't think that the characters are invincible. Not that anyone else ever died. He was only brought back after fans requested it. The Morph in the comics (Age of Apocalypse and Exiles) is a lot better anyway. Much funnier and more powerful morphing abilities, he puts Mystique to shame.

25. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Wow, I was over at youtube.com....if you're looking to catch some of the old episodes, they've got a surprising amount over there....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.