main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yahoo IM

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by talltrees, Aug 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    Okay, I have been trying to figure out this Yahoo thing. Everytime I have tried to add a person to my buddy list, it says "invalid cookie". Like I know what the hell that is, or where to even fix it! Does anyone have any ideas? I can accept someone making me apart of their list, but can't seem to get mine going. I have tried MSN IM too, but I need to do some upgrades to my poor out dated computer. :(

2. ExeterIsLame

ExeterIsLame Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    I've used YIM and MSN before and wasn't very satisfied with either. Ended up just convincing the few people I talked to on those to install AIM heh. Overall AIM is a much more stable messenger. Used YIM alot a few years back and constantly had issues of people being on but not showing up... or people "ghosting" showing up for hours after they had disconnected.

3. tx1573

tx1573 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2002
    The cookie issue maybe related to the security setting you have on your browser. You may have it set too high to allow you to access Yahoo. I have both Yahoo and AIM and I like AIM pretty well. It works well and is easier to setup and use than Yahoo. Yahoo has more bells and whistles and it pops up messages when I get fresh mail. Overall for general chatting AIM works great.

4. QueenOverVader

QueenOverVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    Lisa you need AIM & we can talk too! Let me know if you decide to go that route & I'll send you the link to download it :cool:

5. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I have YIM and AIM. I like YIM, just cause I can be on under invisible.

6. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Anything made by AOL is more evil then MSN... i use MSNs IM. I have nothing of the AOL empire installed on my PC. I hae even passed up games because they needed AOL tech.... AOL= Disappointment... if not now, then soon.

7. ExeterIsLame

ExeterIsLame Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    I hate AOL as much if not more than anyone. Back in the day the shafted me for some seriously expensive online time as the first Internet service I could get. So I have a longstanding deep hatred of them, (of Netscape too but thats another matter). But AIM is a damn solid product. It is the fastest messenger on the planet as far as user to user throughput. After using it awhile all the under messengers start to feel slow and cludgy. If you only knew the power of the dark side... you will join AIM or die!!! <<generic lightning bolt effects>>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.