main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA yes another free movie brought to you by Deadpool. July 21st see STEALTH in Woodland.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Deadpool, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I'll give you guys the same info I put in the mass mailer I made up, it's meant for those people who got turned away from the Island for showing up at 7:45....so it's very direct and to the point. (let me know what you think...they wont let me put "Show up on time and don't get on Deadpools nerves you redneck lugheads...so I made this)

Sneak Preview Screening Thursday, July 21, 2005 at the Cinemark 5 for the film STEALTH.

You?ve been selected to attend a sneak preview of the film STEALTH. Please read this entire E-mail before responding. .

By responding to this message you are not guaranteed passes until you receive confirmation and you are also agreeing to the terms/important information found at the end of this email.

ADMIT TWO

When:
    July 21st

Showtime:
    7:30pm

Where:
    The Cinemark Movie 5 Theater County Fair Mall (1579-A East Street) Woodland.

What:
    The movie STEALTH

In the near future, the Navy develops a fighter jet piloted by an artificial intelligence computer. The jet is placed on an aircraft carrier in the Pacific to learn combat maneuvers from the human pilots aboard. But when the computer develops a mind of its own, it's the humans who are charged with stopping it before it incites a war.

Rated PG-13 for intense action, some violence, brief strong language and innuendo.

How:

Respond to this message via post or PM by July 20th, 2005

Film/Studio Website:

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/stealth/

Important information:
    Please arrive early. Seating is on a first come first serve basis and is NOT guaranteed. Theatre is not responsible for seating over capacity. NO admittance after screening has begun. This invite is the property of Columbia/Sony Pictures who reserves the right to admit or refuse access to the theatre at the discretion of an authorized studio and/or theatre representative.

NO RECORDING
    This screening will be monitored for unauthorized recording. By attending, you agree not to bring any recording devices into the theatre and you consent to a physical search of your belongings and person for recording devices. If you attempt to enter this screening with a recording device, you will be denied admission. If you attempt to use a recording device during this screening, you consent to your immediate removal from the theatre and forfeiture of your recording device and its contents. Unauthorized recording will be reported to law enforcement and may subject you to criminal and civil liability. We reserve the right to pursue any and all available remedies at law and in equity for any unauthorized recording and/or copyright infringement, including without limitation statutory damages of up to $150,000 per violation, and nothing contained in this notice shall be construed to limit our available remedies and/or legal recourse.

2. MASTER_JEDI_RN

MASTER_JEDI_RN Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Hmmmm....... Kinda like War Games meets Top Gun. Yessss Ray Charles, I am dangerous. [face_laugh]

MJ

3. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    War Games meets Top Gun...yes but without the hidden messages...right RN? [face_whistling]

4. sithmastersaul

sithmastersaul Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2005
    dead just to check in rogue 12 i9s rerady to recieve transmission

5. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    dead just to check in rogue 12 is ready to recieve transmission

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    If I was going to be here, I would be there in a heart beat Dead

7. MASTER_JEDI_RN

MASTER_JEDI_RN Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    LOL [face_laugh]
    God I hope not. [face_sick]

MJ

8. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Ok I got a tad bit of more info.

Single Screen (a ton less work for me to do)

5 Passes for Every 1 seat this time.

Movie plays at 7:30, but as always with the amount of overbooking be there at 6:30.

Let me know by 11:59pm on the 20th if you are attending.

Map:
    http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=1579+A+East+Street&city=Woodland&state=CA&zip=95776&name=Cinemark+County+Fair+Movies+5&desc=%28530%296610454&BFKey=mov

As cheesy as this movie looks, it seems like it should be a fun movie.

9. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Gah ... I wish I was there for this!!!

10. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Me too Rogue 1 me too.

List is still wide open for tonight if anyone else wants to go.

11. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I'll be there tonight. Just riding on DP's free movie coat tails. Woohoo. Thank You!

12. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Careful riding those coat tails...I like Mexican Food. [face_hypnotized]

Well it looks like we will have a pretty strong showing by the Browncoats at this film as well.

NO word on if there will be other screenings in our future, but I think the PR peeps are happy with my work thus far so I'm hoping.

13. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    dead you are da man i dont know about the pukes of hazard tho.

14. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    ahhh come on the genral lee jumping creeks and shooting arrows with TNT...it don't get no better. (I'm kidding)

Just got back...finishing up the report to send off. Tell ya what I'm happy not to have another one tomorrow..I'm beat.

Glad to see two of my Rogues there, and a boat load of Firefly fans to boot. I'm still looking into a screening where we could all go to...something more central, I'll let you guys know if anything comes up.

No sleep and free movies makes Deadpool a tired boy

Big thanks to SMS for the "movie"

15. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    no troubles bro , more than happy to do it

16. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Movie was ok. I agree with AV and SMS. the score seemed like it was a throw away from another film. there were some parts where it does fit real well (like when the robot plane come down the first time it's got this Frankenstein type of dreaded arrival tune.) plus the robot plan downloads music from the net (all of them) but this had no purpose for the robot at all outside of stuff for a soundtrack to sell.

the movie itself: have to say WOW about the fighter jet scenes, whatever the F/X budget was it was well spent. The flight stuff has some really neat shots and angles to it.

Jamie Foxx...I can understand why he took the movie, after the oscar it's a nice paycheck and his parts stole "half" the movie.

The rest of the acting and plot was pretty standard really, but this is a movie about a robot fighter jet gone haywire so I wasn't expecting Hamlet.

The end of the film makes no sense to me though.

uhhhhh spoiler ahead??

EDI (the robot) is out of missles, but to save his wing men he use the guns to get the attention of a HIND copter. then proceeds to ram it killing itself. this plane could have flown circles around this thing or taken a few well placed shot at the pilot and gone home. I guess I'd understand it better if the plane was far too damaged to fight, or if it knew once it went back ot base would be torn apart or something...I dunno maybe I missed a bit of info somewhere while SMS was rubbing my shoulders (he's quite good)

17. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] well i try to do a good job dead just glad you enjoyed it. and as far as edi is concerned maybe he felt bad for killing off or better yet setting up jamie fox talon 3 was his call sign i think .good movie for what it was like dead said wasnt expecting hamlet. one scene that was like a waste of time was the waterfall scene with jessica beihl and the guy from sweet home alabama seeing them show off their mostley muscle and naked bodies left me wanting to throw up until my ribs showed but maybe i am jealous my six pack is now a 30 pack.i am gonna go buy some diet food[face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.