main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Yes or No to the new banner

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthVader79, Aug 27, 2004.

?

Yes or No to the new banner

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Yes

87.5%
  2. No, I like the ugly banner we have now.

12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
  2. DarthVader79

Jun 16, 2001
    I spent 2 weeks working on it. It is my envision, if you guys dont want it up, then fine, but im not adding anything else.

EDIT: Oh and dont post here, just vote anonymously.

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    From the options you put up Erick, it seems obvious in how we should vote, doesn't it?

4. DarthVader79

Jun 16, 2001
    Nevermind, I deleted it.

5. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Alright, easy folks... First off I don't lock threads unless a serious problem has broken out that requires me to lock it, like something offensive or in bad taste for example. I suggest that if people put up a vote on ANYTHING that it be impartial AND no matter the outcome of voting or lack there of that there be more calm diplomacy for something mutually beneficial. This is a club for everyone and it's about working together, not personal crap or ego bruising. I do not have to remind any of you of how that can be detrimental, right? Clear?

6. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    The wording of the vote is kinda skewed, you know.

7. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    Erik, a new banner sounds great.Every so often , it needs to be renewed.Now, where is it?

8. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    It's on another thread, Eva.

9. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I personally do not like how this voting was setup and further implimented due to the skewed wording and other things brought up. A new banner would be great with the suggestions of other members taken into account AND the council can decide to put it up or not OR a proper vote by the club should be implimented.

With ANY poll I'd like to ask the people making them to be impartial and mature about how they word things. If people would like to explain why you think something is better as opposed to another that's fine as long as the points presented are also decently thought out and articulated in a clear mature manner.

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Thanks, Ming. For future reference, everyone, be careful what words you choose in posting, e-mailing, PMs, etc. The writer may think it's OK, but some readers may not know the TONE of your words. Just my 2 cents.

11. cirrocco

cirrocco Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Erick, you're funny!

Just to be clear, though: I voted yes for the new banner, but it really had nothing to do with how I felt about the old one. The old banner is a great banner! It REALLY gets across the message of this being the SF Fan Force. And it is the OLD banner. We've all seen it plenty of times and, well, it doesn't have the same impact it did when it was first presented.

We're all ready for a new one and it seems that everyone here trusts you to make it for us. You never disappoint when your artistic talent gets flowing!

I do want to ask you a question about the old one before it gets forgotten: the lightsaber going through Dale's head: intentional or unintentional?

Thanks for your efforts!

12. DarthVader79

Jun 16, 2001
  13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I'm sure that's unintentional Pat... lol

I know Matt and I would like to see more classic SF stuff but does everyone want to have the banner up?

Too see it cut and paste the following: http://boards.theforce.net/San_Francisco,_CA/b10448/16742891/?9

Note: Any voting or polls set up like this one in the future will NOT be allowed to remain. That's why I'd like to let this thread remain here to be a precedent and record of what not to do for any future polling/voting. Thanks all.

14. DarthVader79

Jun 16, 2001
    As i said last week. Its been deleted. I was worried that someone was gona tamper with it.

15. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Apparently the server that is hosting your banner is down or someone deleted your banner files. If whoever created the banner images would send me the files or if one of you can host the images, I can have them re-linked so that they will appear instead of black bars and boxes with red x's. PM me for my email address.

Thanks,

JediRacer, your RSA.

16. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Erick, Ming, or RSA Matt:
    Please say this Generic TF.N Fan Force banner is temporary. [face_worried] I know this is better than the blank bars and "x"s but I feel we should resolve this issue before the October meeting.

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Terril has ALL the pics. EVER and they will be on the website and the new server will also suppose the graphics for our banner. Sorry it's taken so long but Terrill and I have both been busy with projects, code name Death Star, I mean... yeah...

18. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey San Francisco,
    Yes, the generic Fan Force banner is temporary until I get a new "revised" banner from you. Erick sent me some beautiful banner images but I need more (I know it's a lot of work, I did the banner for the LA Fan Force)..

There are 7 elements to the banner:
    1. Main Image
    2. Background Image
    3. Side Bar Image
    4. Curve Image
    5. Right Ad Holder
    6. Left Ad Holder
    7. Reply Image

Sorry to sound so picky, but there are banner design guidelines.

The images that were sent to me were only the Main Image, Side Bar and Curve Image. Also the banner should have "San Francisco Fan Force" written on it somewhere.

Sorry for the temporary banner!! I will put up your new banner as soon I get all the images!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.