main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda and Padme in different Naboo starships in Episodes 15 and 16

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthVader13, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthVader13

DarthVader13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2003
    Hey did anybody notice that in the Clone Wars micro-series Episode 15 Yoda and Padme land on Illum (sp?) in a Naboo starship like the one seen in the motion picture Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. In the micro-series Ep. 15 they exit the ship from a landing ramp that extends from the front of the ship. However, in the Clone Wars micro-series Episode 16 she and Capt. Typho are looking through binoculars outside of what appears to be the Naboo Royal Starship as seen in the motion picture Star Wars Episode I: the Phantom Menace, and behind them is an boarding ramp that extends from the side of the ship similar to the ramp that Qui Gon Jin jumps up onto as the craft if taking off from Tantoine during his saber fight with Darth Maul... what is the deal here, and why would they make this kind of mistake? Or am I just not seeing things unclearly? Take a look and let me know what you guys think.

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Yep, it's probably a mistake.

3. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Yep, they must have monkey's drawing the cartoons cause no one makes that many mistakes.

4. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    wasnt this already discussed in the official episode thread?

5. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    It's something Tartakovsky along with his team have deviced, called a "continuity error". They are certain it will catch on.

6. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    wasnt this already discussed in the official episode thread?

Yup, posted this in here.

[image=http://www.ulcer8d.org.uk/misc/oops_a_mistook.jpg]

And I'll re-iterate what I said, colouring bugs or mirror-shots are one thing, but that's pretty damn sloppy. :p

CN shouldn't have had the Ep1 ship as a reference, surely? It's like using a red car for a close-up shot in a film, and a blue car for a wide-shot. Bless 'em ;)

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7. ivaj

ivaj Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2004
    Maybe they had to do it like that for design reasons.

8. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I'm getting sick of all these continuitry errors. One is OK, two is slightly irritating, all thse are just totally annoying.

9. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Yeah, we've been discussing this in the official chapter thread. I've also posted the question in the contuniality discussion thread on the OS hopeing for an official response, but nothing yet.

!snap

10. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    Although this is a tad more pedantic, I'm gonna point it out anyway :p

In Episode I, we only ever see the loading ramp on the port-side of the J-Type Nubian. But in the Clone Wars shot, it's on the starboard-side. It's possible it has two ramps of course, but given CN's record so far that's not too likely, is it? ;)

[image=http://www.ulcer8d.org.uk/misc/oops_a_mistook2.jpg]

I think we need an official continuity thread :p

11. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Problem is we wouldn't get official responces like the OS does.

!snap

12. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    I know but we could still 'point and laugh' and claim how we'd do a much better job if we were in charge of continuity :p

13. DarthVader13

DarthVader13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2003
    Sorry guys... I didn't realize there was already a posted topic on this, but this is my first post regarding the Clone Wars micro-series, and I wasn't sure if this was a running problem and others had noticed or if I was just seeing things! It is clear that this is not the first problem with continuity... LOL...

14. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    Where did Anakin's ship go?

[image=http://www.ulcer8d.org.uk/misc/oops_a_mistook3.jpg]

The Clone ship lands next to it and then it's not there any more. Does Ventress move it just to take out R4 seperately? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.