main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda's World Tour

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Miana Kenobi, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Good day to you all! My name is Rachel and I am from the San Diego and Inland Empire fanforces of California, USA.

I am helping Master--Kenobi of Santa Cruz, California, plan a trip for her small fried Interactive Yoda to go around the world. As of right now, our little friend will be going all over the USA, Canada, England, France, and possibly to Germany, Japan, Singapore and Mexico. We would like to make this a truly world-wide tour.

Master--Kenobi told me that Wales was also interested, yet no one had posted in the planning thread, so this is your (official, I guess) invitation to join the tour. :D

The original planning thread is located here. Please reply there before the end of next week if you are interested!

What the tour consists of:

Each fanforce will have 2 weeks with Yoda. The 2 weeks will start the day Yoda arrives. We ask that in those 2 weeks you take photos of him in "touristy, famous, or just plain cool" locations, and that he is shipped to the next Fanforce before the 2 weeks are up. We will be sending a logbook around with Yoda, and a website is being created.

Thank you all for your time!

2. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I'll just pop over and post in there. Anyone got any ideas as to what we can do with the little fella?

3. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    Well, if anybody feels like doing some puppeteering we could always rotoscope some serious Yoda action...

4. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I have a Yoda puppet, bit its a latex one, not a machanical one like wot this is.

I was thinking more along the lines of does anyone have any ideas where we can take photographs of him in Wales.

The Millenium Stadium is the obvious choice, but maybe a bit too obvious. Any other ideas?

If i'm honest though, I don't really think that Yoda will make it all the way around the world. I got a feeling some chapter rep somewhere will be tempted to keep him, and say he posted him on.

It's not very nice I know, but such is the nature of man.

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Awesome. Glad to have y'all on board. :)

What I need now is a contact person. They will be the one whom Yoda is shipped to and they'll be responsible for the little tyke. Also, they will ensure that he gets shipped off to the next group (and will get the shipping number to either myself or Master--Kenobi so we can keep track of him.) :)

I'll need name, address, and email. If whoever you appoint as contact person could PM me this information, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks again! :D

6. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    That would be me then!

So at least you can be sure that he will be safe and sent on to the next chapter.

I give you my word as a Jedi!

7. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    Put him in the castle.

8. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    lol. That's a very good idea! We could take him to some of the better castles around South Wales, such as Caerphilly, Goch and Cardiff.

Maybe hay him thrown in a dungon or two.

Any other ideas?

9. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    Sit him on top of some rugby posts as well. As long as no-one takes any conversions.

10. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Image of Yoda proped up on a mound of sand as Neil Jenkins runs towards him.......

Nah, to violent. :)

11. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Definitely put him in Millenium Stadium if you can. It's become well known nowadays in Rugby circles.

*wanders off muttering about six nations*

12. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Those stadium types can be a bit funny though. Maybe i'll tell them its for charidee. That the money raised is going to feed the starving younglings of the outer rim.

Could work...

13. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    You could always wave your hand in front of their faces and say 'You will let me enter the stadium'.

14. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    This sounds familiar... [face_thinking] ;)

15. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I've tried to do that many times, from paying to drinks, to getting women to take their clothes off.

And it has usually ended in a slap.

Ok, where else? Maybe we could take him to Barry, where the Millenium Falcon was made.

Anyone know if Richard Marquand still lives in Cardiff?

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yoda's Travel Itinerary!

London, England
    Central England
    Wales
    France
    Germany
    Malyasia
    Singapore
    Western Australia
    Southern Australia
    New South Wales, Australia
    Queensland, Australia
    Oahu, Hawaii
    San Diego, California
    Inland Empire, California
    Orange County, California
    Los Angeles, California
    San Francisco, California
    Sacramento, California
    Spokane, Washington
    Twin Cities, Minnesota
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Cleveland, Ohio
    London, Ontario - Canada
    Toronto, Ontario - Canada
    Halton Region, Ontario - Canada
    Niagara, Ontario - Canada
    Buffalo, New York
    Rochester, New York
    New York City, New York
    New Jersey
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Washington DC
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Macon, Georgia
    Alabama Syndicate
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Arkansas
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Chile
    Southern New Mexico, New Mexico
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Southern Colorado, Colorado
    Denver, Colorado
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Provo, Utah
    Tucson, Arizona
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Southern Nevada, Nevada
    HOME!!

We're very eager to begin. Thank you for participating!! :D

17. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Just out of interest, where is home?

Sounds like its going to be a fantastic journey.

Its cool that we are getting him first, so all our pics and details will be at the front.

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Home is in Central California. Not sure what city, exactly. :p

Wales Contact Person! Please check your email as I have sent you tour details. :D

And to correct my error, Yoda will by going to Malaysia, as Malyasia does not exist. ;)

19. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Typical American, with your typical American spelling! ;)

Email read and replied too.

We will have such fun with the little guy!

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yoda is in England!!

I am leaving for New Zealand tomorrow, so please direct ALL questions to Master-Kenobi until I get back.

Also, on the issue of The logbook:

A binder is being sent around with Yoda to help record his journeys. Each group will be allowed ONE PAGE to fill up/decorate to your hearts' desires. We ask that only one picture be put on it, as the rest can be uploaded to the website (which is going through SERIOUS technical difficulties at the moment and may not be up as soon as we'd like).

A sample page can be seen HERE.

You will have a place to put a picture, a small tag to indicate the date and other information, a small pocket to hold things, and a space at the bottom to describe his adventure.

We ask that each group PLEASE only uses one page, as we only have enough for one page per group. Also, please do not include any plants or food on the page, since we don't want customs confiscating the book and breathing down our neck about it. :p

Thanks again!

21. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Does anyone have any input on any activities we can do with Yoda when he gets here?

Why do i have the feeling that it's going to be just me taking pics of him next to castles?

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey guys? Both Yoda AND the London Contact person are MIA in London. Sooo.. yeah. This is what's holding us up. ;)

Feel free to pester TheDarthVader if you wish. He hasn't responded to some PMs I sent weeks ago. :p

23. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    This sounds fun, inspite of it's obvious wierdness, if there are pics taken in Cardiff can i come?

24. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Last I heard the CR of London was on his hols in the US. Not to sure abut TheDarthVader though?

I think this would be a good time for us to arrange some kind of meet in Cardiff when we get Yoda, providing that is if the little fella makes it here.

It would be pretty funny if, at the first stop, Yoda is striped and sold for parts. Not that i'm saying all Londoners are Cockney wide boys.

;)

25. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Wow, talk about predicting future events!

Cockney wide boys indeed.....

:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.