main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You?re in charge of Lucasfilm? the next Star Wars movie/television show is...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Rev, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    This thread is based on two similar ones in the Literature forums ("Your in charge of DelRey?" and "You?re in charge of Dark Horse?").

Essentially, if you were charged with deciding what Star Wars projects Lucasfilm will work on, what would you propose? What's the basic plot? Is it live action or animated? Who is the director? Etc.

Below are two ideas I recently had, but please share your own as well.

Star Wars: The Old Republic
    This ongoing webseries is set in the span of time between the Great Hyperspace War and the end of the Cold War. It is in the same style as the Deceived and Hope cinematic trailers for The Old Republic. Most episodes would be adaptations of the various media already set in that era, such as the Tales of the Jedi comics or the Knights of the Old Republic games, though conflicts and events alluded to in such would also be expanded upon.

The Star Wars
    This limited webseries is a re-imagining of the original movie in the gritty, realistic style of Kevin Tancharoen's Mortal Kombat: Rebirth. Taking place on Earth in the 1980s, it follows young Luke Skywalker, a Native American ranch hand and aspiring pilot from the American West who joins the fight against the Evil Empire, aka the Soviet Union. Obi-Wan Kenobi, an Asian-American veteran of World War II, Korea, and Vietnam, reveals to Skywalker that he and Luke's father had once been part of a covert psychic warfare division. The two set off on a quest to rescue Hollywood starlet Leia Organa, daughter of the general Obi-Wan once served under, and in the process uncover a Soviet plot to militarize space that eventually leads to the nuking of a major American city.

John Williams' Fantasia
    A full-length feature film compiling all of John Williams most famous cinema scores, each of which is complemented with visually unique animation depicting an original story set in the same genre as the movie upon which the particular piece of music is based, such as:
    Star Wars Main Main Theme- A Space Opera in a visual style reminiscent of Ralph McQuarrie or Drew Struzan
    Superman Main Theme - A Superhero story in a visual style reminiscent of comic books, progressing from a Golden Age aesthetic to a modern one
    Indiana Jones Main Theme - An Adventure in the style of a pulp magazine
    Jurassic Park Main Theme - A retelling of the Genesis account of Creation which includes extinct species such from trilobites to sauropods to mammoths, all in photorealism
    Harry Potter Main Theme - A High Fantasy visually reminiscent of a fairy-tale storybook.
    Across the Stars - A re-imagining of Romeo and Juliet
    The Imperial March - The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich directed by Steven Spielberg as a companion piece to Saving Private Ryan

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I think we already have threads such as these. "next TV show."

3. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    Could you provide a link, because I wasn't able to find any such threads.

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    There's a few, from what I can remember, but here's a recent one: http://boards.theforce.net/live_action_clone_wars_classics/b10467/31494020/p1/

5. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    The scope of this thread is far narrower than the question I'm putting forth. It's limited strictly to future animated television shows. Proposals for possible movies, web series, and live-action series would be out of place there.

As can be seen in my proposals, I'm a particularly big fan of the web series format. It has a number of advantages. First, it does not require a network to broadcast episodes. This also means that a network is not ordering a set number of episodes in advanced, thus potentially necessitating filler episodes. Secondly, webisodes, like movies, can be made whatever length is necessary to accommodated the story, instead of forcibly conformed to the standard hour or half hour of most television shows. Third, the absence of a ratings system means that the content of the episodes can be as mature as the story necessitates without the risk of censorship.

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Oh dude I would totally make a show set in the Legacy era and completely butcher every story that's ever been told. [face_devil]

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    My first series would be based on the Sith War comics, the next would be based on the Darth Bane books.

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    As someone who loves the Bane trilogy, I'd rather they stayed away from it. Unless they literally produced it word-for-word from the books, and didn't 'adapt it'.[face_sick]

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Well the prompt was that we have total control. Trust me, if I got to oversee the making of a series based on the Sith War, it would be verbatim from the comics, and ditto for the Darth Bane stuff and the novels.

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    If i would be in charge i would do that OT-series instead of something odd like those ideas- Old Republic would be free for new characters altogether but well they would eventually be too similar to saga-characters......
    those other 2 ideas are just plain weird:p

So i would go with classic Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie and droids team.... it's a risk to use such beloved characters but at least nostalgy would be my ally.....

11. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    I'd avoid the EU altogether & go for:

- the original Episodes VII-IX (not ever gonna happen, all I'd want to see is what was meant to happen) - ideally live-action, but animated if it involved actors from the OT who are either too old or unavailable;

- George Lucas' 'tangential' episodes - one based around the droids, one about Wookiees. Could be live action or animated, would depend on the content;

- a type of educational series recreating the original drafts of the OT, with Annikin Starkiller, the Kaiburr Crystal etc, tracing the development of what would become the Star Wars Saga - animated;

- something completely & utterly different, either set thousands & thousands of years prior to everything we've seen, or maybe a thousand years after the Battle of Endor - live action.

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Actually on a more serious note, I'd definitely want to expand on Bane's lineage, starting with Zannah and Cognus, and going right up to Plagueis and Sidious. There's so many gaps there waiting to be filled in.

13. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    THE STUFF WE'LL NEVER SEE THREAD: THE ANIMATED SERIES

14. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    ^ [face_laugh]

Darth Kowak - My Triumphs, My Mistakes [face_skull]

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Star Wars: The Galactic Civil War - Between Ep. IV and V

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Would that be in a life story format, telling the tale of one of the most feared Sith Lords to have ever lived? Or would it be in a TCW style of random adventures with no meaning or lessons to be learned?

Something else I'd want is a show set in the Clone Wars, but entirely from the CIS/Sith perspective. Like the evil twin of TCW. But better. [face_skull]

17. Executor_of_Order66

Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2009
    The story of Darth Revan and then a spinoff series of his apprentice. Also I would like to see an animated show with Jacen and Jaina... possibly the New Jedi Order. The great thing is you would only need storywriters to adapt to a pre existing story. Yes we may already now how these stories go but I still want to see them animated.

18. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Question:

Answer:
    Star Wars:The Dark Times.It would be the same exact team as TCW,same animation style and it would last at least Ten Years.Ahsoka Tano {Who Survives TCW},Quinlan Vos and Shaak Ti would be the main Jedi.Darth Vader,Tarkin,The Emperor would be the main bad guys.Prince Xizor,G.A.Thrawn and Boba Fett would be in this too along with Rebel Alliance Members Mon Mothma,Bail Organa,General Madine,Admiral Ackbar and Garm Bel Iblis.Id also do one off stories of Yoda and Obi-Wan communicating with Qui-Gon Jinn and really delve into the nature of The Force and how it is possible to become a Force Ghost.

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    NEVER![face_shame_on_you] - Mortis ruined concept of the Force enough.... all the mystery is gone totally if we are told how that is done.....

20. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Star Wars: Rogue Squadron.

21. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I disagree SwashbucklingJedi I thought The Mortis Trilogy was Amazing!

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I wouldn't tempt him.

23. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Seconded. :D

24. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I'd quite like to go back to the original Jedi/Sith battle 1000 years before TPM.

Would probably be better as a movie or series of movies, but I definately think theres an interesting story to explore there.

25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    New Sith Wars eh? And it can end with an extra-long arc on Ruusan.[face_praying]

OMG WITH THE BOUNCERS!!!!!!
    [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070610040254/starwars/images/5/53/Bouncerinfobox.JPG]
    [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.