main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Youngest Age for an Eighteen Year old.

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Drakkor_Knightmoon, Jan 11, 2005.

?

Youngest Age for an Eighteen Year old.

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. 12

10.0%
  2. 13

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 14

10.0%
  4. 15

30.0%
  5. 16

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drakkor_Knightmoon

Drakkor_Knightmoon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2004
  2. Drakkor_Knightmoon

Apr 22, 2004
    this is to find out what age you guys think is the Youngest age for an Eighteen year old to date. Mind you that it is just an observation.....

3. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    I'm afraid to answer. [face_worried]

4. Drakkor_Knightmoon

Apr 22, 2004
  5. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    Dude they all can get you prosecuted (except in parts of Ky. and Tenn.) :p :p

6. Kazuma_Kuahara

Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    If forced to vote i will choose the least of all the evils. I for one think that anyone who really would try to date someone that young has issues, and pedophilic tendancies. I can understand that CHILDREN are growing at an accelerated rate when it comes to their physical attributes, but psychologically their brains aren't capable of understanding and resolving the power issues of the age gap.

7. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Well, heres the thing. There isnt really anything wrong with dating someone a few years older than you. And that age gap can significantly increase as you get older. But at 18, I would think that 16 would be sort of safe, but you better make sure her parents are ok with it. Heck, I dated a 16 year old, when I was 18. I would avoid anything younger than that, though.

8. Shindo_Windu

Shindo_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2004
    Drakkor, you know me, and you know my views Bro.

And I know a bit more about "things" with you.

Dude--in the immortal words of the great Captain Planet: "The Power--is yours!"

9. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Glad to see some people still have issues besides me ;). I agree with Riff on this one. Emotional age is not the same as physical age... however this disparity decreases as you more further out of the teenage years. This is not a knock at our younger members just an observation.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

10. Drakkor_Knightmoon

Apr 22, 2004
    Lodreh glad your back man. Can you do me a favor? Explain this statement for me: "however this disparity decreases as you more further out of the teenage years." For some reason, I am having dificulties understanding it....

11. Aayla_secura4

Aayla_secura4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    I am fifteen and I dont think my parents would care if I dated anyone older than me. well no more than 10 years. but I dont see anything wrong with up to 7 years. as long as you are respected as a equal and you parents dont mind. love is love. unless of corse it was purely a phyical relationship than yeah thats wrong.

12. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Drakkor wrote: Lodreh glad your back man. Can you do me a favor? Explain this statement for me: "however this disparity decreases as you more further out of the teenage years." For some reason, I am having dificulties understanding it....

Not to put words in Lodreh's mouth, but I think what he intended to say was "this disparity decreases as you move further out of the teenage years." Meaning that the older you get, the less difference there tends to be in levels of emotional maturity. For example, between a 40-something and a 30-something, the level of emotional maturity would be more equal than between a 20-something and a teen.

13. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Aye, good eyes Entropic-wan... had a typo... /sigh typical Monday... and very good clarification :D

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

14. Drakkor_Knightmoon

Apr 22, 2004
    Yes good eyes and that makes sense now thanks to both of you Entropy and Lodreh.

15. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Ah, but young Aayla you are prime example of how emotional age does not relate well to physical age. Some people lack the mental and emotional facilities to deal with love regardless of age....

It is not always easy to see the truth much less accept truth when it goes against ones own desires. People tend to grasp this distinction better with experience... experience comes with age... therefore the disparity between experienced and inexperienced is related to age but it is not exclusive to it.

Experience in love is tied not only to trust, loyalty and respect but also betrayal and deceit. If you have had someone betray your trust on that kind of level not only are you better equipped to handle it if it happens again... you also gain insight on warning signs that no amount of advise from friends and family could previously prepare you for... before it happens to you you simply refuse to believe the truth of the matter. Once again... passion rules reason...

/sigh I'm rambling...

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

16. Drakkor_Knightmoon

Apr 22, 2004
    I enjoy reading your "Ramblings" Lodreh but I would call them "Lodreh's Insights"

17. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Thanks Drakkor... :)

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

18. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Sounds like the "ramblings" of one with someone on his mind. :) Or someone who ate to much European food.

19. Templar_Assassin

Templar_Assassin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2005
    Actually...if my memory serves me correctly..a 16 year old can date older people legaly. with the emacipation and everythig else you can do when your 16 i see no problem with a 18 yr old dating a 16 yr old....but no younger

20. Templar_Assassin

Jan 15, 2005
    But then again females mature faster than males do. so a 16 yr old girl probably has more mentality of a 18 yr old....or of my 32 yr old uncle (he's single)

21. Kazuma_Kuahara

Apr 22, 2004
    the law is 16 can date up to 4yrs older, and 17 4 yrs older also. and it isn't illegal. The problem is though, that if she wants to she can turn around and cry "Indecent Liberties with a Minor" and get you locked up again.

22. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Aayla_secura4 wrote: as long as you are respected as a equal

Unfortunately, that tends to be the crux of the problem. Many times older guys (traditionally it's male so we'll stick with that) go for younger girls because they view them as easier to manipulate, and when they are in their teens they can be. At that age many physical, emotional, and social changes are taking place. It's a lot to be assimilated at once. Age and experience lead to a better understanding of emotions; the difference between love and lust; and the myths verses the realities of romantic love. All of these things help to put one on a better footing when dealing with the dynamics of a relationship.

Disclaimer: Now that's not to say that women are weaker willed/less intelligent than men. In fact, I'ld say the opposite is true. Your average adult woman is much more adept at recognizing and using subtle manipulations than your average adult male.

23. Kazuma_Kuahara

Apr 22, 2004
    I entirely agree Entropy. The break down comes with the fact that there is such a MAJOR imbalance in power, that it makes it easier for someone in there early to mid 20's to manipulate someone of the mid to early teens. As a 23year old I will say this honestly, I'm still a kid in a lotta ways. I still have growing up to do, but I can honestly see how easy it is to manipulate children (please take no offense that.) Teenagers are confused naturally, and part of the reason i can only assume is that adulthood is filled with confusion so God hits us with all that at one for good reason. A good example to the power imbalance would be, How hard is it to train a dog? It takes a little work, but any dog can be trained. As youths we all had not much more knowledge of the world than what we were trained to have, like the dog. See where i'm going with this? Children aren't dogs, but they are instinctive creatures. Our parents teach us "tricks" and give us "treats" when we do well. When another person comes along who is similar to our "trainers" but treats us with a little romantic flavor an already confusing time has just been abused.

24. Templar_Assassin

Jan 15, 2005
    good point kazuma

25. Sol_Badguy

Sol_Badguy Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 2004
    It all depends:
    Under normal circumstances, I would say no more than 4 years so you cant get stuck with statutory rape, and probably not more then 16 so if anything happens its consentual.
    In your situation, judging from what you have told me about this girl, it would seem fairly logical to assume that you could have a succesful relationship with a 14 year old that is as mature as a...I dont know lets say 17 or 18 year old. Listen to your heart, but do not mistake your wiener for your heart. I trust you will make the right decisions as you are a mature adult capable of rational thought. Although you might not have the suport of your family on this subject, Ill back you up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.