main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your AUDIO editing software...what to use?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Shadow_of_Evil, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Hello folks.
    I've got a new assessment coming up for my film school...
    Create a multi-channel soundscape (ambient) that runs for about 3 minutes.
    Yeah, relatively straight forwards.
    I could, like the rest, just edit using FCP or Premiere as they have pretty good built in audio tools, but I want more.
    Most of the proffesional sound editing I've done is on an actualy mixing studio, all offline.

I was thinking somewhere along the lines of using Acid or what not for the project.
    Any suggestions?

2. RIPLEY426

RIPLEY426 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2003
    What about Adobe Audition?

3. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Acid sounds like a pretty good way to go to me. It's what I've used, anyway, for music recording, so I don't see why it couldn't work for this. I think it even has rudimentary video support.

4. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Yeah, I do like Acid, fairly easy to use.

5. IMPSTheRelentless

IMPSTheRelentless Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2005
    The music and sound for IMPS is being done entirely in Cakewalk Sonar 4 Producer. I highly recommend it.

6. RIPLEY426

Apr 28, 2003
    What do you mean by "being done"? Do you mean you create any Sound FX yourself? Or does it mean that every "final audio file" is created and altered in that program?

7. IMPSTheRelentless

Mar 21, 2005
    Well, I'm composing and performing all of the music, and all of the sound effects editing, manipulating and recording is done in Sonar, with an assist from Sound Forge and Audition. I made most of the sounds from scratch, using professional sound effects libraries, and recording them myself. I didn't take any sounds from any movies, although many movies use the same sounds. One of the scenes in the first Chapter has over 100 stereo tracks in it.

8. pzgamer825

pzgamer825 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2005
    I use SoundForge, but actually the Audio Studio version because I can't afford the big one.

Nice features, easy to jump into, and nice expandability.

Sony's Acid is without a doubt 90 bajillion times better than Garage Band (imo) for putting together mixes and things along those lines.

9. RIPLEY426

Apr 28, 2003
    Cool!

I´ve heard that there are scenes in Terminator 3 that contain something like 3000 audio (or 300?) Audiotracks at once!

That´s crazy. And I can´t belive you´d hear the difference between 200 and 300 sounds.

10. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Wow.
    My sound lecturer said not to use more than 2 sounds plus a music track in a sound scape project. Said it jumbles he ears and the frequencies get too out of phase.

11. IMPSTheRelentless

Mar 21, 2005
    Well, soundSCAPE is very different from sound DESIGN for a movie, especially an action scene. I think it would be a unique challenge and an excellent learning experience to make something interesting with those limitations.

Almost done, btw...

12. Serpent

Serpent Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2004
    If you have Final Cut Pro surely you have Sountrack, which is great.

13. neo_mp5

neo_mp5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2004
    i use adobe premiere because i don't know what i'm doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.