main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your favorite inaccurate Prequel "spoiler"/rumor?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by MechanicalAnimal, Apr 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obladi_Oblada

Obladi_Oblada Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2005
    "The rumor I remember hearing about Jar Jar starting the Clone Wars...."

Well, he did kind of have a hand in it since he was the one to propose giving Palpatine emergency powers so they could deploy the clones.

2. JEDI_KNIGHT_RAYEARTH

JEDI_KNIGHT_RAYEARTH Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2005
    I heard that rumor about the curved lightsaber... I remember talking about it one of my friends. She thought it would litterally be curved, like a saber which I thought as well until I consulted the visual dictionary for AOTC and found out that the saber hilt itself was curved! That rumor seemed to be everywere!

3. renegadesith

renegadesith Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    That Han would have an appearance in ROTS.

4. stinbat

stinbat Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2004
    Several Jedi laying down their lives in Episode II to save Anakin's life.

stinbat

5. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    -Lando's father Grando would be in TPM and played by Gregory Hines
    -Naboo is assualted by a war/super-weapon and the devastation leaves it as Dagobah (this was more fan speculation than actual "spoiler")
    -Kitster is Bobab Fett (again, more like fan spec)
    -Dooku's blade was curved like his lightsaber, like a real sabre
    -Sidious' second apprentice was a female sith (guess this was partially true, as the idea was dropped)
    -Boss Nass would open AOTC (was this part of the first draft or simply BS?)
    -Mandalorians would be in the clone wars
    -an entirely alternate AOTC plot: Anakin returns to tatooine in his quest to free the slaves. He joins with a group of young boys who have started a slave rebellion and they free the slaves meanwhile the clone wars occur on Tatooine and the rebel boys save Anakin and take him to their secret cave network where they eventually fight back and drive the war off tatooine. or something like that.
    -Shmi was a sith
    -Qui Gon was a sith
    -Mace windu was a traitor/sith
    -Sidious was a clone of Palpatine
    -Anakin would become mech-Vader halfway through epIII
    -Mech-Vader would be in the form of a proto-Vader suit
    -Anakin would kill jar jar
    -Obi wan and Padme would have an affair
    -Obi Wan, Anakin and Padme would have a love triangle
    -the reactor core in theed palace was where the clones were created, using a special mineral only found on Naboo which is why Palpatine was so interested in Naboo
    -Naboo would be the first victim of the death star or a similar prototype super-weapon
    -Coruscant is converted into the death star
    -there would a lightsaber fight on the rooftops of coruscant in the rain for epII
    -Anakin's burns would be from the reactor core of theed palace
    -Obi wan is cloned
    -the jedi would be desimated by a mysterious plague which attacks midichlorian-rich people
    -the jedi temple is destroyed

man there was so many. theres probably more that i'll remember later.

6. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    just remembered another great one: NSync being background jedi in the arena battle in AOTC! Man that one sent fanboys into a fit.

7. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    I heard a rumour that we would see Aunt Beru fight a rancor in TPM.

8. Forcechoked

Forcechoked Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Shudders at the thought of NSYNC being Jedis in AOTC. Yukk! Glad that one didn't happen!

The only other rumour that I clearly remember was when TPM came out (1999) there were talks that the actor who played the main character in Dawson's Creek would've played older Anakin in AOTC and ROTS.

I am glad that this also didn't happen. I'm also glad that they didn't cast Di Caprio or Brad Pitt in that role (I have nothing against them per se, but I really like the idea of casting a lesser-known actor as Anakin, that way it made it easier to see him as "Anakin" and not like: "Oh my, check this out, Di Caprio is Darth Vader ! " )

9. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Sapno Krei :

Wasn't there a rumor that Boss Nass was supposed to begin AOTC by saying "War!" (to contrast with "Peace!", his last line in TPM)?

Not sure if this was a rumor, or something that vanished with script changes.

You, sir, are correct. My friend and I remembered this amusing tidbit over the years and we had to give a little chuckle when RotS' opening crawl started with : "War!"

10. IceGambit

IceGambit Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    I don't remember as many rumors (although the Obiwan/Ani/Padme love triangle thing was everywhere) as I do things I read in the EU about the PT that turned out to be less than true:

-Obi-wan is Owen Lars' brother (from the ROTJ novelisation)
    -The Mandolorians played a huge part in the Clone Wars
    -The Clone Wars involved many parties using clones of different varieties, not just the Republic using Clonetoopers.
    -That Boba Fett was involved in the fall of the Republic (I figured he would participate in the Purge and take out Jedi since one killed his father). Of course this may happen offscreen. I like to think it does.

11. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    The ironic thing is that a lot of those things are not necessarily invalidated by the movies themselves.

Jango was Mandalorian. I still prefer to think of Obi-Wan and Owen as half-brothers.

12. MadMardigan

MadMardigan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2001
    my favorite was always the fuzzy footage rumor resulting in a 6 month delay.

BTW, a love triangle between the 3 would have made for an infinitely more intriguing story.

13. angrytapes

angrytapes Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    my favourite rumor was the battle between hundreds of jedi and hundreds of mandalorian super commandos, on a forest planet (?) in TPM - also that Brian Blessed would be in it as a rebel general (rather than gungan).

14. Loopster

Loopster Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 26, 2000

I remember the rumours that a young Han Solo would be in the prequels somewhere.

I also fondly remember the Palpatine =/= Sidious speculation. I thought it was blatantly obvious but some would argue black and blue that Sidious was Palps clone or some such rubbish.

15. DarthJohnkenobi

DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2004
    I liked the one where Boba Fett was going to kill Mace Windu.

Don't forget Darth Maul back w/robotic legs. Someone actually was telling me, just the other day, that this was actually General Grevious.

16. classified

classified Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Me and my friends joked around with the idea that Obi Wan was actually Dath Vader and Anakin decided to go live on tatooine under the name of his old mentor. We thought about puting this on the net as a rumor but we thought it was too far fetched to ring true.

17. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    Obi-Wan and Owen Lars beeing brothers.

18. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    yoda farting

19. JEDI_KNIGHT_RAYEARTH

Mar 8, 2005
    I keep remembering a rumor about the Lady Kenobi as well, I'm glad someone talked about that as well as my old post about the Death Star blowing up Naboo. I also remember these rumors:

Ep.1 is Ep. IV
    Kenobi the clone
    Anakin freeing the slaves
    Padme dying in Ep.II
    Yoda was an old man who was disfigured by the Emperor
    Palpatine was not a true Sith Lord
    Palpatne is not Sidious
    and I don't if anyone believed thsi but:
    Cliene Dion singing "A Long Time Ago"

I also remember a host of other bizarre rumors, including Panaka is Darth Maul. I'll get to those latter.

20. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    Jar Jar stepping in a pile of Yoda's ****.

Mace Windu would turn to the Dark Side.

21. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    "It was prior to AOTC and claimed that the clones in the title referred to some Sith-created clones that were "blood doped" to give them unnaturally high levels of midichlorians so they could be rapidly trained to attack the Jedi. I guess that would have been a halfway workable idea, but I'm sort of glad that didn't turn out to be the case."

I think this was Lucas's original intention, but after the vehement (thank God!) reaction of fans against the whole midichlorians thing, he changed it; not unlike how he changed JarJar's character from a centerpiece of TPM, to the guy who gives Palpatine official power in AotC to nothing in RotS. Lucas does cave to pressure sometimes.

22. Loudbull

Loudbull Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    My false spoiling rumor was that a friend of mine told me that in the Attack of the Clones Anakin killed all of the clones by himself. Wonder where he heard that from.

23. Anakin_Skywalker

Anakin_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Kitster=Boba Fett

Only other one I remember cleary is that Darth Maul was Anakin's Father, Or was it Palpatine was his Father, can't remember.

I also think of Boba was going to kill Mace in ROTS by "Burning up alive", giving reason behing Vader's line in ESB.

Also Naboo=Alderran
    & Maul would be the clones.

24. classified

classified Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Huh? I dont understand

25. JEDI_KNIGHT_RAYEARTH

Mar 8, 2005
    What I meant was that I heard some incredibly wacky things about the prequels, including the one about Celine Dion singing "A Long Time Ago" whatever that meant. The "Panaka is Maul" thjing I found in a book. In fact it saidf that Panaka would take off his hat and reveal the horns of Maul.

EDIT: The Ep 1 is Ep. IV came from a strange rumor started by people whom I guess never saw the Star Wars series, because they placed TPM as being the fourth movie chronocalogicaly rather than ANH. I know, it is a very strange thing to hear. I think I heard it being referenced on a show or something.

Most of the stuff I posted were rumors that turned out to be inactuarate or false.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.