main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I picked up the t-shirt and poster too when I caught the Symphony last year, however I remember my poster looking a bit different, not as stormy, but I haven't looked at it in a while, so that could be it.

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    If anyone else in thread is going to the symphony could you pick me up some stuff? I'll pay you back for that and shipping.

3. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I love to go again but it's not running in Sydney anymore, it was only for the two nights :(

The next location is in Portland, Oregon.... 16th March according to the site. I know that they be returning to L.A. again soon after that for Season 2. I wonder if they would add new content to it or remain the same as it would have been great for some Skyward Sword music to be featured.

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    My copy of Hyrule Historia arrived. I cannot confirm or deny the singing of the treasure chest theme as the book was held above my head.

5. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That tune should be accompanied by a full orchestra!

Jedi_Dajuan likes this.
  6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I finally got my copy of Hyrule Historia and about time too! :p

It is gorgeous! I love the care that was put into producing it. I haven't had a chance to look through it properly yet but from my brief skim through... it's amazing, I cannot wait to read it.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I saw that in a local bookstore today. Never played Zelda so I passed. Wanted to take a look but the book was shrink-wrapped. Looks like a real thick book though.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's a nicely made book- as good, if not better than, the collector's ediion players guides for TP and beyond.

Only slight downisde is its much taller than those guides so it wont fit on the same shelf on my bookcase as the guides...

Still, even just skimming through that manga at that page size was gorgeous.

9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  10. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
  11. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Stylish.

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Zelda LEGO would be great, I also saw a proposal for a Metroid themed one the other day too.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned in here that the Oracle of Ages/Seasons will be coming to the eShop. We have yet to receive a confirmed date for the rest of the world but Japan is getting it soon. They will be able to get them individually or as a discounted bundled price.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I had a dream about that "game" last night. Apparently I was in a meeting with the Zelda and Nintendo big wigs discussing the upcoming Zelda games. It was awesome. Too bad they really don't invite me to their planning sessions :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Seems the Zelda Reorchestrated project will be shutting down and will not be able to release Twilight Symphony on iTunes through a record label as they originally planned. their website will be up until June 12th and they are accepting paypal donations until then. In the meantime, they encourage people to use the torrents out there to obtain the project.

Sounds like a serious legal hurdle was unable to be overcome.

17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Argh... that is too sad. Part of me hopes that this isn't a serious post but it is posted after the "Day of Fools".... I was seriously looking forward to this. I wonder what the issues were...

The Metroid Symphony album can be found on iTunes, it would have been great to have the Twilight Symphony show up too.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    :( That's too bad. At least they were very frank about the torrents. Still, I'm glad I paid full price for the album. I love just looking at it, and then listening to the whole thing on long trips. At least they went out with a bang.

19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I wish they were able to release the album in the digital format themselves.

20. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I didn't realize there was a Twilight Symphony out, from ZREO? I've listened to several of their past stuff but was unsure if I should of continued after listening to the 25th anniversary soundtrack that was with Skyward Sword as I longed for more Zelda music at such a scale as that CD had.

I will check out Twilight Symphony though if it is worth it! I should probably re-listen to all the past ZREO stuff too!

21. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I'd definitely say it's worth it. One of the best Zelda fan productions in recent memory. Three and a half hours of musical awesomeness. The 25th anniversary CD pales in comparison, and that's an amazing CD, so when I say Twilight Symphony is good, I mean it.

22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    You can hear samples of the Twilight Symphony here
    Such a shame they are closing down after coming off from such a high.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Today's 3DS-centric Nintendo Direct revealed that both the Oracle games are coming to the eShop this summer and A Link to the Past 2 will be hitting this holiday season! It's top-down and apparently Link has the ability to turn into a wall painting to get around corners and such.

24. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    So I'm guessing no master sword, if he puts it back to sleep again forever....
    And
    no Ganon unless he's revived...

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    So its like paper Mario? Still might have to get a 3DS now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Corellian_Outrider likes this.