main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY 2006 Polar Plunge

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TX4277, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    All,
    Ive just been informed that the 2nd annual Seneca Lake polar plunge will be Saturday April 1st at 11:00 AM. If anyone is interested I can get more details, etc. Just post here.
    << FOR INTEREST LIST SEE BOTTOM OF THIS MSG>>

2nd Annual Polar Plunge!!

April 1st, 11:00 am!

The Finger Lakes Visiting Nurse service provides home health care and hospice services to Ontario county residents! Help support them by dressing up in you wackiest costume and plunging into Seneca Lake!!

It's simple: 1st: get your friends, family, and co-workers to sponsor you or your team!

2nd: decide who will take the plunge (only one member of the team has to get in the water).

3rd: Come up with a great name and crazy costumes.

And show up at Seneca Lake Park (Rt.5 & 20, Geneva) On Saturday April 1st at 11:00!!!

There will be prizes for the most money raised, wackiest costumes, and best name!

There will also be a chili cook off! So bring your best creation or just have fun tasting!

There will also be numerous prizes from area business to give away during the event

--------------------------
    Coming:
    Duane (TD2709) and getting wet
    Tom (TI9767)
    RJ (TK8303) NER NJ
    Pete (TK0679) NER NJ
    Me/Mike (TX4277)
    Wingnut (DZ2898)
    Ryan (Akayeon) and friends
    Katie (HothGirl)
    Nicky (Doc_Bev)
    Darren (Knightshade)
    Dean (MadKidJedi) w/Me or Scotty

Tentative:
    Zac (TheGreatSot)
    Ron (JediMaster1610)

2. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Mikey, I love you , but um............[face_skull]No thanks!

3. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    I nominate Duane for the plunge since he wears shorts in the snow. :eek:

4. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    Duane actually already expressed interest on the NER boards. If we have enough interest we could get a team where Duane is our get-wet guy. But we shall see.

5. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    ok i'll stand on shore with a towel

6. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    If at least Duane is interested in getting wet for a good cause I am going to get further details. I would like very much to get a team together. Depending on how sponsorship works I don't know if folks would be willing to gather them or not. Perhaps if not then we could gather donations for photos there.

Regardless I think Home Care is a highly underfunded industry that is very difficult to get under Medical insurance and I'd very much like to help with this.

What do folks think of Team Frozen Force?

7. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004

oh gawd, not another name to come up with:oops:

8. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    LOL Sorry but this one should be simple :D

9. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    My current SW costume isn't made for cold weather and KnightShade's isn't made for getting wet at all, but I'd be willing to come out and take lots of pictures!

~Doc_Bev

10. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    So you guys would be willing to be part of the team if not getting in the water?

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I suppose it depends on what we would need to do as team members. If one or both of us are busy taking pictures and/or watching Connor it might be tough to fulfill our team member duties. But, if we just need to stand there and cheer TD-027 on then I guess I'd be in (I've been told I can no longer speak for KnightShade - so you'll have to ask him :p)

~Doc_Bev

12. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    So here's the deal... Teams get sponsorship forms and collect the money. All the money barring the expenses for the event which are very minimal goes to the Finger Lakes Home Nursing/Visiting Nurse Service. Only one perosn on the team has to get wet and all they have to do is run in get wet (and cold) and run out. No time in... the rest of the event is for a little fun, costumes, prizes etc.

I was thinking if we can get 4 or more people to go we could collect what we can but also be there if folks want pictures, etc.

I need to know ASAP but by March 8 at the latest if folks are serious so I can get signed up and get the sponsorship forms out.

13. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    I'm in, (not the water) but I'll let D chime in if she's interested.

14. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    I'm in Mikey, I'll be the wet guy! This should be fun and I've always wanted to do it! BRRRRRRRRRRRR!

15. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    Looks like we're getting a heck of a turnout at this point.

Here are the forms for folks to get sponsors.

http://people.hws.edu/ruiz/page1.jpg
    http://people.hws.edu/ruiz/page2.jpg

16. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    If folks from downstate do come up for this does anyone up here have crash space they'd be willing to share with our bretheren?

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    We do have the spare bedroom upstairs if we can get it cleaned out by then.
    But wouldn't it be out of their way to come up here just to go back down to Geneva for the event? I suppose it would be cheaper although I wouldn't think rooms in Geneva would be too costly.

~Doc_Bev

18. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    If we had the guest house at the Colleges open I would have offered that but we have our Alumni team in their during some construction.

I figured I could offer them both if there was crash space in Rochester it might be cheaper but considering the gas cost not much. Rooms are between $30-100 usually, depending on the place.

19. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    The time is quickly approaching for this event. We have two people confirmed to get wet. Let's get more folks to come and show off some costumes and look great for the crowd!

20. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Mike I'll come &support. & will be happy to donate a bit for sponsorship instead of going out & asking people for money.

21. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Looking foward to jumping in the lake in armor! See you guys there.

BTW: first time i put on stortrooper armor I went in a dunk tank Raised $60 in 15 minutes of kids trying to dunk me! The pic is on ner's site

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    So how are plans for this going?

I'm sorry to say that I haven't gotten any donations yet. Unfortunately the only time I get out to see people it is with you all so I don't have many opportunties to ask.

Have we had any more folks sign up? Although KnightShade hasn't chimed in yet, I'm pretty sure you can list him as tentative.

Is there an aprox end time for this?

Are folks thinking of carpooling? I'm assuming the park will be pretty easy to find once we get down to Geneva?

Our upstairs bedroom is still free if the out-of-towners are in need of crash space.

~Doc_Bev

23. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    I think it will be a relatively short event. I can only guess a couple two or three hours at best. However I think some extra trooping is always in order personally ;).

Other than that things have been pretty quiet. I have about $65 in pledges for the team and will start collecting the money next week.

Mike

24. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Mikey Put me in for $10

25. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I'm tenative...currently planning on watching you guys 'take the plunge.' If I can make it, I'll be in costume...just not in the water. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.