main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY 21 Reasons Why Star Wars Is Better Than Titanic

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Katana_Geldar, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    1. The Titanic is big, but it doesn't have hyperdrive.
    2. Yoda could use the Force to lift Titanic out of the water.
    3. Leia is a princess, a senator, a freedom fighter, and Jedi material; Rose is just marriage bait.
    4. Ewoks throw better parties than either first class or steerage.
    5. When flying towards the Titanic, Wedge can't say, "Look at the size of that thing!" and really mean it.
    6. It would be much scarier to get chased around the boat by a raving madman with a lightsaber as opposed to a handgun.
    7. Titanic is egalitarian by portraying poor people as sympathetic characters. Star Wars is egalitarian by promoting bug-eyed amphibians to Admiral.
    8. Said bug-eyed amphibious Admiral manages NOT to lose his ship.
    9. We know Cal is the bad guy because he sneers at the poor and treats his fiancee like property. We know Darth Vader is the bad guy because he strangles people and blows up planets for fun.
    10. Yeah, Leo can dance, but can he fly an X-wing?
    11. Rose braves icy water to rescue her man. Leia braves Jabba the Hutt.
    12. There are always enough escape pods in Star Wars.
    13. Do you know what the Empire does to self-proclaimed "kings of the world?"
    14. If Luke were handcuffed to a pipe below decks in a sinking ship, he would use the Force to get the key.
    15. Nothing has the same sting as "I'd rather kiss a Wookie."
    16. Han is frozen in carbonite and turned into a wall ornament. Leo simply freezes.
    17. Han Solo would've steered clear of that stinkin' iceberg!
    18. We knew the boat was gonna sink. But who could've anticipated, "Luke....I am your father."?
    19. Stormtroopers blast big holes in stupid minor characters; everyone in Titanic was a stupid minor character.
    20. When Star Wars was proclaimed coolest movie of all time by half of planet earth, George Lucas did not make a dork of himself at the Oscars.
    21. Titanic morals: a. gamble, b. cheat on your husband, c. pose nude for pictures, d. premarital sex is OK if you're infatuated.
    Star Wars morals: a. fight evil, b. do good, c. respect all life even if it's ugly and slithers, d. rescue princess, e. save planet.

Just saw this, thought it was priceless :p

2. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    Ha Ha I remember this started floating around when the Phantom Menace was released, and everyone wanted SW to knock it off all the charts...

3. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    How hilarious. Least on a star cruiser on Star Wars there are enough escape pods for everyone on board which is more than I can say for the Titanic.

[face_laugh]

4. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    Reasons 21 and 22:
    Ewan McGregor and Liam Neeson.[face_love]

5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Priceless. [face_laugh]

Never heard that before, it sure does bring a merry to your derry.

6. crystalskye

crystalskye Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2005
    Except when General Grievous is around.

[image=http://static.flickr.com/7/8269822_64a5d34c48.jpg]

*sigh* I think Katana_Geldar deliberately left those 2 reasons just so you could say them, hey?

7. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    I LOLed at #9.

8. Darth_Berserker

Darth_Berserker Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    titanic is so boring , evrytime mum watches it on tv i fall asleep, theres no point to it aprt from that it was real, yes starwars is heaps better

9. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Reason 22 [face_love]

10. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    Still havn't seen titanic....and from the sounds of it, unless I need to take a nap, I don't see myself watching it in the near future.

.....or distant future for that matter.

11. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    As I see it, the biggest problem about this movie is that everybody already knows the boat is going to sink.

...Then again, everybody already knew where the prequels had to finish at, and ROTS was the best even though it was the closest to this forseen end. Maybe it really is just bad story telling.

...And no Ewan or Liam...

12. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    highly amusing. star wars pwns titanic. even though you know the basic storyline of the prequals their better!! sad...

13. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    I thought about this thread the other day and came up with some reasons why Star Wars is better than War of the Worlds:

1#-Luke Skywalker and Rouge Squadron would have taken down the tripods long before the aliens driving them died from bacteria.
    2#-The Empire would have blown up the aliens home planet with the Death Star before the invasion could have began.
    3#-Yoda would have used the force to deflect the tripod heat rays.
    4#-The Jedi would have senced the presence of the burried tripods before they rose up from the ground.

Can anyone else whose seen War of the Worlds think of any others?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.