main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***2nd Collector's Guild Meeting!!!***

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by bwing53, Sep 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tello999

tello999 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    I'll be there too. It starts at 12:00, right???

On a side note, is there parking allowed on your street?

On another side note, do you want me to bring cash, or a check, for the Republic Gunship you have stashed away for me???

Thanks...

2. A_New_HopeLily

A_New_HopeLily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    Wow, I really need to keep up on the board. I keep falling behind. :( Well, if I'm home... I'll probably tag along with Catie. I know you already made the head count and all, but I'd like to attend if that's not too much of a problem. Sorry I'm so late!

Cally

3. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    No prob, Cally. If you don't mind a tight squeeze (for a little while), you'll be fine.

Tello: I'll buy the gunship tomorrow (its sitting in my office) and pm you with the cost--we'll settle up on Sunday.

Jason

4. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Oh she better give me gas money.

5. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    By the way, there should be plenty of street parking. If not, we'll just throw a few vehicles into the Sentry parking lot--everyone else around here does that.

I was planning for noon, allowing us three hours to shoot the breeze and snack until the Packer game kciks off at 3:15. Everyone's welcome to stay for that, too.

Jason

6. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    I'm re-confirming my confirmation. My wife and I will be there. Let us know what to bring if you need something specific, otherwise it will be a surprise...to us too, cuz we don't have any idea yet.

7. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm not really a collector, but I wouldn't mind watching the Packer game with you guys. Our plans are still up in the air for this weekend, so I'm not completely sure if I will be able to make it.

If you have enough room let me know.

8. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Dan--

No sweat. If you just want to show up for the game, that's cool, too.

OK. I'm showing the 12 following people now:

Dan, Jason (Outlander) & wife (sorry, I'm terrible with names, Jason), Cally, Catie, Jason (Tello), Dwayne & Marcy, Christine, Jeff, Jon (Jedi_Wookie), and possibly Tracey. Who are we missing?

Room is not an issue, and neither is the open-house situation--the landlord "sold" the place today, so no one else is going to need to see it. We're free and clear. I was thinking: I have a Sentry store not even 100 yards away, so how about those who don't plan on making/baking anything just plan on contributing $3-$5, and we'll run over and get some soda and chips when you get here? It would help avoid the soda-stockpile we experienced at Tracey's. If you plan on consuming FERMENTED MALT BEVERAGES, either byob (no, not him) or pm me and let me know what you like, and I'll pick it up (then you're cash can go towards that). There will be plenty of food, drink, and Star Wars talk for ALL AGES!

Looking forward to it, everybody!

Jason

9. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Sounds like a marvelous group we have going on for Sunday. Looking forward to the fun..and we're taking pictures of the collection for view pleasure (or..for the moment of What in the hell is the matter with these people?).

And it's no problem to hang for the game? Do we need to bring chairs?

Let us know,

M

10. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Oh yeah, I was supposed to mention this last night but well..I didn't. You can pick up the Sith Training Darth Maul, the Amidala pilot and Tatooine Attack Anakin (sorry no dead Shmi accessory with that one) at the 27th street TRU..

m

11. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    I think I've got enough chairs and couch space; maybe one or two people will have to take the floor. I can move the furniture around so we can all fit.

I can't wait to see the collection!

12. A_New_HopeLily

A_New_HopeLily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    GAS money???

13. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    We've decided to bring brownies and when we mean brownies we actually mean brownies not /BROWNIES/.

And Cally after the sheet thing, I'm suprised if gas money is the only think she's going to ask for, I'm thinking she's taking a big chunk out of your..well never mind.

M

14. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    "...we actually mean brownies not /BROWNIES/."

Good. Girl Scouts annoy me. :p

15. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    I was in the Brownies for 2 years when I was little. I quit after that, couldn't see the point in continuing on with it. The only thing I ever remember doing with the group was selling those damn Girl Scout cookies. At the same time my brother was in the boy scouts and was doing stuff like mountain climbing, canoe trips, and working on all manner of merit badges that seemed to involve either fire, knives, swimming, or pinewood derby racing.
    Being a Brownie sucked.

16. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Tell me about it. We had our meetings and made those little tuna can/wax/coffee can burner things which were completely useless. Luckily for me, my brother was a boyscout so I got to do the archery and the hiking and backpacking. Girlscouts/Brownies sucks. I totally agree with you Dawn...macaroni art and cookies.Ooooooh.

m

17. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I hated Brownies as I had an intense fear/distrust/dislike of people when I was a child and my parents thought making me go would get me out of it. :p I still have my "Be a Ready Helper" badge, my wings for graduating from Brownies to Girl Scouts (ironically, I changed schools and ended up a Campfire Girl instead), my GS pin and a "sit-upon" thingy that we made (from newspaper as the cushion, with like a vinyl tablecloth as the outter material, and we sewed it shut with yarn). I don't know what possessed me to keep this stuff all these years...

18. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Milwookie Council = Off on a tangent 8-}

19. SameSithDifferentDay

SameSithDifferentDay Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2001
    How odd that the word "brownies" would set that off. ?[face_plain]

20. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    It really doesn't take much to turn our attention..pretty colored rocks, shiney metal..

What was I saying?

M

21. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Thanks Bwing for hosting the meeting! It was great to meet the Mrs., see your collection and hang with the gang. I had a wonderful time (and really would've liked to have stayed for the game if I hadn't promised the hubby to come home when I did). BTW, tell Maureen that I really liked the Pumpkin Cranberry bread. I forgot to mention it when I left.

22. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    I'd like to second the thanks to Jason-wing for hosting. Marcy and I had a fun time. Any house that has a Fett shrine is a welcome place to me. And I'd just like to say that the streak of going to events and learning weird things about Jeff is still alive. Hazzah. Now I just have to boil my brain to get the images out of my head.

Dwayne

23. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    I know everyone is going to thank my wife and I, but I want to thank our most gracious CR--he takes a lot of crap. Thanks for being the butt of the jokes, Jeff, and way to play ball! The grass is green, after all. . . .

Seriously though, thanks to everyone who came by--I seriously had a blast!

Jason

24. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    I'll third that...can I do that? Thanks for hosting the shin-dig. Andrea and I had a great time hanging out with everyone. I am most impressed with your collection. You should consider taking pix and posting them on Rebelscum.com.

Thanks again and see ya at the next one.

Jason (Outlander_)

25. tello999

tello999 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Thanks for hosting the get-together Bwing - I had a great time. I really wished I could've stayed longer (my basketball draft was supposed to be next week Sunday, but it got switched lastnight at the last minute). It was cool to finally meet everyone - I finally have some faces to put with these online people :). Your collection was impressive - too bad some of it was packed up already.

Also - thanks for letting us pick & choose from the promo stuff you had.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.