main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2nd meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by TenguJedi, Jun 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    I just looked at the website....

sveeeeet. :p

Awesome job so far.

By the way...the NJO went with a company called 1t3.com for domain and things...you should check them out...they provide lots of help from what I gather. And they are relatively cheap for what you get.

2. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Actually JS, chld-dark and his wife LadyMischief are our resident computer experts so they deserve all the credit for our website design. Dark is actually getting us our domain since he works with that stuff for a living. We're just trying to pin down a name to use for it at this point.

3. chld-dark

chld-dark Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2003
    Ok, so right now we're talking about having the meeting on the 21st or 22nd. Which is it going to be?

Sorry I haven't been around much to work on the site. I've been working overtime in the hall of the dead...

And as far as meeting in Lancaster, that would be fine. We could always go to the tokyo diner, they have all you can eat sushi on sundays'... heh heh heh...

-Dark-

4. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Well let's shoot for Sunday the 22. Location.. as much as I love sushi it will most likely be too pricy for me that weekend... I suggest the Cool Beans cafe in Manor shopping center they fairly inexpensive sandwiches and stuff, as well as being a really good coffee shop.

5. chld-dark

chld-dark Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2003
    Well, if I can't have sushi, coffee is a very close second, especially good coffee. Mmmmmm..

We have our munchkin that day, but she's always up for going out to lunch, especially if there is a hotdog involved. heh...

-Dark-

6. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    WHoooo -hooo! 2nd meeting! almost three guys and gals! ;)

7. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Enough with the sushi already! And though I am not a coffee drinker, I agree that Cools Beans is a good place.

Here's the lowdown:

Place: Cool Beans, Manor Shopping Center, Lancaster, PA

Time: 2:00 PM (it worked for everyone last time)

Agenda: 1. Naming the group.
    2. Purpose of the group.
    3. Types of group and social events we'd like to do.
    4. The upcoming 'Cons, especially PhilCon 2003 - December 12-14, 2003.

8. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    LOL.

Ok that works for me. Everyone else?

9. chld-dark

chld-dark Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2003
    /nod

That works.

-Dark-

10. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    I just had an epiphany.

I have an idea for a name for you all...

The Outer Rim Seperatists. :D

11. Muasue

Muasue Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2003
    Hi!!:) May I be able to join with you guys? I live in Wrightsville, so I'm not too far away.

12. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Muasue--

You are welcome to join us. I am in Wrightsville as well.

There is one thing, we ask that a parent accompany you to the first meeting, since you are less than 18. If they approve, your parent can sign a release for you to attend future meetings with chaperone. OK?

13. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Hey JS I like that! :D Ok so far that's 3 suggestions, anyone else have suggestions for a name?

14. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    TJ thanks...

I figured that you guys would think of wanting a SW'sy-feel name...and since I believe you guys Seperated from KoP, right?

15. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Not really separated. In fact I still consider myself a member of KoP. We just needed something a little closer to home. KoP is like 2 1/2 hours drive or more and there are people in this area and Harrisburgh that want to be involved but can't travel that far. THAT and the group that was here, PA Midrim disolved leaving an opening for a new group in this area.

16. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey TenguJedi, I just noticed your now 501st!! Congrats guy!! When did this happen? I hope to join up once I have my Royal Guard finished. Tell everyone in Carida I said Hi!! :D

17. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Thanks, I applied just after WWE, Tim (TK 0114) suggested it. I can't wait to see your Imp Guard when you finish. I still want to do a Tie pilot but that's gonna have to wait a bit.

Darth Tengu [face_devil] SL-1866

18. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Ok anyone interested in attending the meeting,
    2:00 Sunday June 22 at Cool Beans Cafe in the Manor shopping center on Manor st in Lancaster. If you need better directions just let me know, I'll check here untill 1:30 sunday.

19. Muasue

Muasue Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2003
    HI!! I don't think I'm allowed to come... My mom won't let me and I don't know if my dad will. :( I really want to come. ;) I was hoping to come, but now I probably can't.

20. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Ok 2nd meeting is over and Rebel_Spook, Decca_Nikye, chld-dark and LadyMischief as well as myself made it to the meeting.
    The following was discussed.
    Naming of the group: we chose 3 names as of now and will post a poll on voting for ur official name.
    Memeber: we discussed membership in the group.
    Purpose: we decided that in additon to being a social group of Star Wars fans, we'd like to be involved with charity events.
    Events: types of events we'd like to be involved in. Social,Events with other groups, Cons, Charity..

21. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Congrats Tengu...

Now...how come I get conflicting reports from 501st people?

Most say that they can only be a part of 501st...and that they can not post on other boards...or be a member of other groups?

J.Sat

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.
    I have seen the end of civilization.
    -Mace Windu, Shatterpoint

22. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    I don't know who told you that but that was wrong. Many members of Fan Force are also 501st members. The rule to get in 501st is that you must have a costume that represents a member of the Empire or any SW badguy. It also can not be a store bought costume. Why not visit the 501st website for more info. :D

Ric, I'm right about that aren't I?

23. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Dup post, sorry

24. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Yes as far as I know there's no problem belonging to other groups. I know a few members of the 501st that post on here.

25. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Mal, when we were trying to recruit members at the Chiller Con...all of the guys from the ECG/501st kept telling us that.

But then Gary is also a member...so we are confused completely...

I have been thinking of joining Rebel Legion if that is the case...

Cost is the only real reason. :p

J.Sat

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.
    I have seen the end of civilization.
    -Mace Windu, Shatterpoint

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.