main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

300 - Old Skool Meet-up?!?!

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    It will be at the IMAX Waterloo :D

T'is a shame it'll be a while before I can see it, but looking forward to it none the less.

2. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    i went to see 300 on saturday night in the movie starr cinema on canvey island,the coolest little picture house in the world!
    the film itself rocks... some twonk behind us kept saying how much like a ps2 game it was,the ruddy heathen.
    the look i gave him as we left the cinema...

there's just a tiny,tiny glimmer... the merest of shards... the smallest of chances... that the soon-to-be in production adaptation of WATCHMEN might be okay.
    so long as the stick to the book.
    300 went a bit gladiator in place for me...
    but zack snyder certainly loves his nip shots,doesn't he,ladies...?
    was the oracle that ginger from girls aloud?

3. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    The ginger one is becoming more popular with the men don't you know, and I hate to say it but even I'm beginning to see the appeal. A contestant currently on Deal or No Deal looks a bit like her too.

I've also managed to see 300, this evening in fact, and I rather liked it. I definitely want to see it on the big IMAX screen though, and I think it's taken epic battles into a new era, which is a good thing because they were getting very samey and boring. I agree it went into Gladiator mode a bit too much, which was unnecessary but I'd rather it be Gladiator then Troy. I have to get me the GN to see how faithful it was, but based on some of the Voice overs which were very Frank Miller, I trust it was quite faithful which does bode very well for Watchmen. Watchmen simply doesn't need changing, only editing down imo.

Still up for the meet in April though Jamie??

4. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    As you can see, the deadline passed over a week ago and apart from DA6, no one has committed and so sadly I've decided to cancel the proposed meet. A shame but I appreciate the difficulties. Ah well, there's always Harry Potter in the Summer :p

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    POTC 3 and Spider-Man 3 are in May.
    Could do something for one or both of those.

6. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    spiderman on the imax?
    bring it on,boyyyyzzz!

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Venom in 70mm...that would be cool.

8. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Not sure if Spidey will be getting an IMAX release here (or anywhere). It's usally only WB films that get the IMAX treatment, and Spidey is Sony. Rumour had it the next Harry Potter film will get the same IMAX 3D treatment Superman Returns got, but they're leaving it late to officially announce it. But given the huge financial success of the IMAX Superman film, it bodes well but it should get a normal DRM IMAX release anywho.

9. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    It's now official, Harry Potter ATOOTP will be in IMAX 3D. As yet it's believed to be the last 20 mins in 3D but could stretch further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.