main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars 41 ABY - Shadow Games

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    IC: Mal Judder/ Hangar/ Fell Defender/ Shadow Orbit/ Blockade Line

Finally. The last member of their team deigned to join them, and she was quite the looker. But then, so were all of the Hapans. One Cara Ta'Manis, commander of the Hapan navy. Just what we need, someone used to commanding everyone who looks down on men as if they're nothing. Loads of fun. Mal's opinion of Hapan's was that they were treacherous, useless and royal pains in the rear. He had never met one that wasn't high and mighty to some degree, but he had also never had an occasion to meet a male. Looks like the wait was going to be even longer.

Looking her over, not actually turning the suits helmet so that it looked like Mal was paying the newcomer no mind, the lack of any real protection was obvious. True, there might be electromesh underneath the obscenely expensive clothes, out of place as they seemed. There was just a certain stiffness to her walk, something that said don't take me at face value. Oddly, something about her made Judder very glad that his armor wasn't a typical suit but augmented to have quite a bit more stopping power. He was a valuable resource after all, and no one ever really wanted to waste someone who had over 20 million credits in training.

Stupidly, the only thing that was within arms reach was a blaster. And if appearances were to be trusted, it was barely ever used. Yea, more deadweight. Still, even dead weight if used in a treacherous manner could be devastating. When she spoke it was in a very military tone, and the smile could have chilled one's marrow if one were easily intimidated or impressed. Mal nearly wrote her off, but decided to give Cara a real chance to prove herself in some fashion. After all, merit is earned in the field and you should never judge a book by it's cover. Even if some covers spoke so loudly that you could scarcely bear to open them.

Oddly enough their resident Mandolorian decided to speak up, and basically baited the hell out of her. Immensely grateful for the microphone control options, Mal snickered inside the helmet. The deadpan tone was masterful and it was all the Imp could do to hold the laughter in. After all it wouldn't really do to let on that he found something humorous at so august a person's expense.

Regaining control of himself, Mal switched his mike back on. "Or maybe we should hold some form of umbrella so that the light doesn't damage your delicate skin?" The tone was strictly serious, and somehow he just knew this was going to create a schism in the group. Oh well, our Mando'a friend already made sure of that. Why not enjoy it?

TAG: HANGAR

:snoopy

2. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    OOC: Oh, that will be fun! For once I play a char not likable![face_dancing] First game I play in almost ayear. So good to be back.

Cara Ta´Manis, Hangar, Fell Defender

The Mandalorian, surprisingly, was the first to speak. "Would you like us to prostrate ourselves along the floor so that you may walk upon us and not to dirty your skirt and/or droid?" He obviously enjoyed himself, giving away exactly those feeling he thought well hidden beneath his mask. "Maybe you'd like to give your droid a rest and I could carry your equipment? I should warn you though that, as a man, I may not be so efficient and you might end up missing something when I give them back." She turned towards him and leaned her head to the side. Perfect, she thought, he bought it. Belonging to such a well known race had it´s advantages. Prejudices could easily be used.

"Or maybe we should hold some form of umbrella so that the light doesn't damage your delicate skin?" The Imperial added, but she completely ignored him. Instead her eyes pierced the Mandalorian, and a cold smile appeared on her face. This time the coldness was real. They had bought it. Soldiers, after all. Both of them. So the Jedi and the Drall were to be given consideration. The Chiss was a risk, anyway.

But soldiers respected strength. Her cover couldn´t go as far as to appear useless. She knew soldiers quite well. Actually not so long ago, she had been one. She would show some teeth. Only a little.

"You are offering yourself as a carpet or carrier. Too generous of you. Especially these days! I thought your people sold out to the Alliance exclusivly? Actually I miss the good old times, when you were out there for hire. So useful for simple tasks not requiring intelligence." She smiled at the Mandalorian, her mouth showing disgust. She then turned towards the others. "Is he representing the mercanaries or has Chancellor Daala send her watch-dog to do the job of an investigator?" Before anyone could answer she turned to the Imperial.

"And I prefere servants who have a sense of survival. Something your people are not very good at." She only replied. "So, despite the little attempt of comedy from," she turned her back on the two and ended her sentence with a little more arrogance, "our `former-super-powers-long-gone-with-selfesteem-issues´ faction, does anybody has an idea what we are expecting? Before I except the service of an umbrella-holding stormtrooper I´d like to know what will kill him." She added the last words with a little more humor. They were males after all. If they didn´t accept her, they usually were afraid of her. She had spend enough time in the galaxy to know that.

Tag: All of you, especially Trimaj and Sarge

3. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Alec Nephrite
    Shadow Orbit, Blockade Line, Fell Defender Hangar

"You are offering yourself as a carpet or carrier. Too generous of you. Especially these days! I thought your people sold out to the Alliance exclusively? Actually I miss the good old times, when you were out there for hire. So useful for simple tasks not requiring intelligence."

...Ouch.

Alec actually quirked an eyebrow at that. She had a hidden, sharp tongue alright. Hopefully that wasn't the only thing she was hiding beneath her pampered exterior or the Hapans were going to be losing their representative relatively quickly if things got a little hot during the search on the planet.

"Oh we still do that," Alec replied, still smiling beneath his helmet. "It's challenging work, out of doors, and there's always the guarantee that we won't go home hungry 'cause at the end of the day, as long as there's two people in the galaxy, someone's gonna want someone dead if you know what I mean."

He brought his shotgun across the back of his neck and draped his arms around it, letting them rest there while they also kept the weapon pressed against the back of his neck. A nice, relaxed position. His boots thudded against the deckplates of the floor of the hangar as he crossed the distance between him and Cara before leaning forward. He unrolled his left arm from his weapon, letting the shotgun flip around while his right hand gripped it more firmly before resting it back against his shoulder like it had been before.

"Let's hope you're as sharp as your tongue, eh?" Alec extended his now free left hand to the older woman, his t-shaped visor directed so that they were staring face-to-face though she probably couldn't see his face. "People be saying that the Corellians may have themselves another Centerpoint buried beneath here but you never know what else might be down there."

He would've winked if she could see him that is so he just tilted his helmeted head to the side. "But no fear, I can always be your little umbrella to hide behind in case our Imperial friend isn't up to it."

TAG: Sirak, Everyone Else

4. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: oooo... she's really, really asking for it.

it's good to have you back sirak.

Yep, even more useless than I'd assumed. Stupider too. First off, the simple fact that she ignored him was mind boggling. Had he truly wished it Cara could have been a smoking corpse several times over by now. And considering the fact Cara hadn't even looked at him once it would have been amazingly easy. Second was the simple fact that she was entirely too predictable, even if it was an act. Either way it would wear thin very, very quickly. Third was the way that she chose to insult Alec. Overall not the brightest bulb in the box.

Cold, she had been chilly before and now the arctic cannon's were coming out. The Hapan's lips attempted a smile, but she simply wasn't made for it and it came across far more like a sneer than anything else. Definitely NOT attractive. Overall it made Mal's lips twitch towards a smile, and yet again he was thankful for the helmet.

It was all the Imp could do not to shake his helmet her comments. Calling any Mando'a a watchdog was stupid, but to question their intelligence was so far beyond that Mal simply couldn't think of a word for it. If you were going to compare a Mandalorian to any kind of animal a vornskyr would be far better. They were predators, born and bred. Then there was the minor detail that the Mandalorian's were feared the galaxy over. A group didn't manage to gain that kind of reputation by being idiots.

When Cara finally deigned to look at him the stupidity was simply compounded. When she turned her back, and while she was finishing her little diatribe, Mal took two quick, silent steps forward, using Alecs voice as cover. Quickly he noticed what Alec was doing, and waited behind Cara until the Mando'a had his say. Right when it was done his right hand already had the vibroblade on the armors waist within it, his left grabbed the back of the Hapan's neck in a manner that could only be painful, effectively stealing the Mando'as thunder. "You'd be dead." His voice was a hissing whisper as Mal Pressed the vibroblade up against her neck, but not turned on while he squeezed her neck a little tighter to make his point, and a smile creased the scarred face as her body inevitably stiffened. "Turning your back on the likes of either of us would be a mistake, your worship. A lesson you should learn, never expose yourself in this fashion to those you consider your lessers outside of Hapes." Pricking her skin so that a single drop of blood sprouted on her neck. "Oh, and if you think I fear you? Remember I held your life in my hand once. It would be Childs play to do it again."

Silently Mal looked at the others present, assessing their reactions before letting her go. He didn't move back, so that if Cara whirled around as expected she would turn smackdab into the center of his armored chest. Either way the message was delivered. Underestimate me again, you will regret it. No matter how short your life is.

TAG: HANGAR, SIRAK IN PARTICULAR

OOC:
    hope no one thinks i took too many liberties in this post, i only did what i thought would be realistic.

and DANG IT sarge... made me mess around with mine a bit.

5. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007

It played out as she had expected.

"Oh we still do that," The Mandalorian replied. She sensed a smile in his words, even as his helmet conceiled his features. "It's challenging work, out of doors, and there's always the guarantee that we won't go home hungry 'cause at the end of the day, as long as there's two people in the galaxy, someone's gonna want someone dead if you know what I mean."

She answered with a knowing nod. She knew exactly what he was meaning. How many people had she killed for her Queen? How many had really deerved it? Surely not the poor people of Shadow, Cara.

The imperial soldier neared her, as she turned herself back to the Mandalorian. She realized it, but ignored it for now.

"Let's hope you're as sharp as your tongue, eh?" The Mandalorian extended his now free left hand to the older woman, his t-shaped visor directed so that they were staring face-to-face though she probably couldn't see his face. "People be saying that the Corellians may have themselves another Centerpoint buried beneath here, but you never know what else might be down there."

Before she could answer the imperial made his move. And he made it exactly as she had feared. Brute and very, very predictable. Grabbing her, holding her and putting a knife to her neck. She tried her best to look shocked. Considering counter-measures only for a split-second, before seizing the opportunity he had given to her. When he started to talk, it became obvious he had no idea what situation he was in.
    The Jedi would probably have been faster than him, had he shown any real intent to harm her. But even if he had killed her - an officer of an ally on a combined mission of intergalactic dimensions - she could easily imagine the battle that would break out between their governments. Hapes demanding him into their custody, while the Empire would demand they could execute him, so the political crisis could be contained. Obviously the empire would not be allowed to send a second representative, while Hapes would easily replace her. If she would have considered the empire an enemy, she would have thrown herself into that blade, immediately. Giving her Queen Mother an advantage over them. And this stormtrooper would have served her Queen Mother more than she could ever hope to.

It had all played out as expected. While she had teased the Mandalorian, he was far from stupid. They were brute in many ways, but skilled. He had understood and probably even began to see through her facade. While the imperial had sadly shown everything she had thought of him was right. The empire had send a murder on an investigation mission. And by showing his skills so early, he wasn´t even a professional one. His temper made him dangerous. He was easily provoked and hadn´t even considered she was more than his eye could perceive.

As he spitted out his threats, she didn´t even listen. Eyeing the others to perceive their reactions.

But she didn´t reply. She gave the situation a long moment to unfold. Trying to look not too curious how the others would react to an imperial threatening a team member who had done nothing else but ignoring him. Instead she tried to show a sign of shock.

This, will be most interesting. And funny me was thinking this was a team of professionals.

Tag: Any

6. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005

Cara's reaction, or rather lack of, told a lot about her. For one, training was now extremely obvious. You don't come into physical contact with someone and not get a sense of what they can do, and how they can do it. So to a degree he had actually acomplished something, whether miss high and mighty actually realized it or not. What really surprised him was that for a second there had been more pressure on the blade of the knife than was coming from Mal's end. She would throw her life away like that? That was also very useful to know, stay away form her in a firefight as one never knew when she might go suicidal. Or betray them. Not that there was a true them in any case. Were it just the Mando'a, the Jedi and the Drall a true team might have been possible. Toss in the other two and suddenly any sense of "group" flew right out the window. At least it would prove interesting watching them butt heads.

The other thing he knew now, was that everything Cara had said, done and expressed was fake. All of it. A flash of insight had come through the contact, even through his gloves. BEWARE, WATCH OUT! had been literaly burned into Judders brain, for what reason he didn't Know. What was know was the simple fact that ignoring this would mean death. Most likely his own. Still, he refused to back down. Having learned new info he couldn't be the first to move. That was her province, literally force the Hapan snob to back down.

Thinking for a second, Mal tried to review why exactly he had reacted the way he did. This was a weakness that had been completely unknown, normally no one could push his buttons like this. Was it related to his training accident? The more consideration that was given to the situation, the more obvoius it was. Marginilization, that was what had happened to a degree when during physical therapy he'd learned there were somethings that his body simply could not do anymore. No longer the best at black ops, it had seemed to be the end of the line save for training until this current mission had come along. Marginilization scared Mal. Badly. Becoming obsolete, or useless was not something the Commando was willing to let happen. Regardless of the personal cost.

Having figured this out, Judder started considering how to turn the mistake that had been made to his advantage. Surely everyone there thought of him as nothing more than a dumb soldier who was easily goaded into action, or reaction as the case may be. That can be used. It is possible the other's will think me to be less than a black ops person and just a regular commando. In truth he had no actualy designation, and didn't really exist. Sure, the Imperials had given his real name to the other governing bodies, but what was a name? What was a face, really? Something that was to be adujsted as needed, which thankfully had never really been necessary in the past. Even if he had killed the woman, the Empire probably would have killed some poor schlub and handed him over. Effectively, Mal Judder didn't truly exist in the system. What the feth was I worried about? Sure the others had seen a service record, but there was no way in the nine corellian hells it was his true one. No one wanted that coming out.

So waiting was the game now. Waiting, watching, and being what none of the others thought he was. Smart.

TAG: HANGAR

7. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Shadow Orbit, Bloackade Line, Fell Defender Hangar

Despite the Hapan known as Cara having been the center of his attention at the moment, Alec still knew to keep an eye on his surroundings which allowed him to see Mal move off to the side thanks to the 360-degree view of his helmet. When he saw the Imperial make his way over behind Cara, Alec had a gut feeling about what he may do.

And after Alec had extended his hand to Cara, he did it, the other man grabbing the Hapan to put a knife to her neck. Aaaah, this was an interesting group that was going to be sent down to the moon. Beneath his helmet Alec's violet eyes glanced around the hangar at the others while Mal had a little talk with Cara before landing on the YVH droid. Were the controllers watching through the eyes of the droid now? Viewing this sudden incident at this moment? If they were, Alec wondered what the Imperials and the Hapans may be talking about at this moment.

It was over as soon as it started though, the Imperial representative pulling his hands away from the Hapan who was looking a bit shocked at the moment with the incident. What a way to start off the mission. They haven't even gotten onto Shadow yet. At this rate they were all going to kill each other. Not that that wasn't such an unpleasant thought as that would just mean less complications that Alec would have to worry about. A Jedi, a shabla Imperial, and of course the Hapan.

"And people say my kind have no manners," Alec spoke, standing up straight, putting his arms around his shotgun while he rested it across his neck again before moving on. He started whistling another tune, shutting off his helmet speakers once again. Well if he had to find a bright side to all this, Alec could take some comfort in the thought that he may not have to worry too much about watching his back with Mal and Cara cause they may end up being busy tearing into each other's instead. Not that that he wasn't going to keep watching either way.

TAG: Everyone

8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Driggs Norghar

As the new and final member of their 'intergalactic power's that be' team, he couldn't help but stiffin a little straighter as the corner's of his mouth dipped down slightly, this was going to be a long mission if he was the only intellectual.

He would give her the dignity that her station and customs required, so he gave a brief curt nod to the woman. Of course the interplay of the Mandalorian and Imperial were a bit much, now he had to divide his disdain between the two of them. He had been so ready to try and like the Imperial, but this was just too much, umbrella holder? What was this, 4000 BBY?

The woman was cold, he would give the pair that, but that was no reason to treat another so poorly. But it was not his place to say, especially as they were of the same species, though that didn't stop the budding desire to whack both their helmets with a torque converter.

Then, the woman surprised him with quite a tongue of her own. Not that it did her any good as the Mandalorian then Imperial stepped forward performing their simple acts of tongue and blade. As another shot was fired from the jorta nut gallery, he gave a small sigh as he stepped forward his nails clicking purposefully on the floor to gain the trio's attention as he neared, "I doubt they died of bordum but they might have left because of it Judder. Don?t let your intellect be dictated by another?s flash in the night sky.?

Turning he addressed the woman, ?As to you Madame Cara Ta´Manis,representative of Hapes and Queen Mother Ka whose life is worth a war spent." he added with another nod hoping the others would catch the meaning. "What we may find is as varried as our imaginations, though a tongue is sharper than a two edged vibro-sword to others I dare say, with pardon to you Madame Jedi, that it is as dangerous as a lightsaber to the wielder." At that he looked to each of the trio in turn, staring down his muzzle at them if it was possible to do such a thing to others twice ones own height. ?A lesson we should all remember if we are to sort this mess out below, force has its place(Judder), complexity (Chiss), duality(Alec), wisdom (Jedi), position(Cara), and the simplicity of folly (himself).? he turned looking at them in turn, pulling out a hard biscuit at the last and holding it up. ?We need to remember though, they each have a time, and a place.? With that, as he shook the biscuit he took a jaw snapping bite that didn?t drop a crumb from the rock hard meal. ?And now is not the time for these.?

TAG: Sarge, Nick, Sirak, Trim, Blu, Sinre

9. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Borus'eth'sabosen
    -Fell Defender

Seth thought back to the time he had been given the ship as he looked around it now. He didn't really like the name Fell Defender it sounded too artificial and cliche. While it was true the Fell was important to the Five Families and the Chiss in general, defender seemed out of place when it was being placed so far inside known space. De mo, it seemed appropriate at the same time and Seth longed for the time when ships would be named after him in the future. If this situation worked out how he wanted it to, then that time would be soon.

The Hapan, Cara Ta'Manis, payed him no mind, but Seth didn't seem to be in actual present time then. His mind wandered and, while he was aware of the actions being done around him, they brought no affect from him. Matter of fact, the current altercation had nothing to do with him. But there was something that was noteworthy.

Judder and Nephrite were dangerous.

Not dangerous by themselves, the word for their individual skills was formidable, but in tangent they were deadly efficient and awesome. They had respect for one another and the evidence of that lay within their body responses. After being within the sphere of influence of each other, they had effectively diverted the Hapan's attention. Whether she had allowed herself be handled that way or no, watching the two work simultaneously had been a progressive, moving work of art. It was fantastic and frightening.

Seth knew that Hapan society had been bred into Cara Ta'Manis. Whether she actually believed in the attitude or just utilized its reputation to her advantage with outsiders, she had been exposed to it personally. As much as you want your society to be a product of you and not vice versa, Seth confidently assured himself that she didn't like being touched by a male in so forcibly a manner. Seth knew somewhat of how the masses affected individuals.

The Captain shifted his head, one of his assistants gave him a bag, and he strapped it to his back. Apathetically, he turned to the droid and observed it as Norghar began speaking again. Silently, the droid had stood there, the scene of the trio unfolding in front of it, yet no action had provoked it to move or respond, despite one of the team members being in danger. Ah, so not only was it bias, but no matter what happened to one of the members, it was designed to not help or interfere with matters, though Seth was sure something nasty would occur should they attack it.

Nodding to Norghar, though he didn't here anything the Drall had said, Seth gestured and one of his assistants appeared with beverages. The Captain took a cup and a canister, for later, and the assistant moved onward to anyone who wanted a drink.

"Alec Nephrite, I must say you are unique. You're twenty-one standard, correct? At such a young age, what does your future hold for you after this mission?"

Tag: Team

10. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006

?We need to remember though, they each have a time, and a place. And now is not the time for these.?

Alec's head moved to the left to look over his shoulder at the Drall and decided to be polite by stopping and listening to what the other had to say. Hey, he had been trying to have some fun with the lady and had decided to be the polite Mandalorian to shake hands and welcome her to the team. It was Judder who had decided to take things a bit too seriously and take the fun over the edge with the more sharpened edge of his knife.

The Mandalorian just stood over on his side of the hangar, still in his nice, relaxed position with his arms around his shotgun. One of his fingers actually played with one of the buttons that could be found on his weapon which extended the stock of his shotgun. He could slide out the stock manually if he had to, but this was just simply a habit to help pass the time. Press, slide out. Press, slide in. The stock added another third in length to his weapon when extended, and Alec had made careful measurements during his crafting to make sure that when the stock extended, it would rest comfortably against his shoulder when he had to just quickly bring it up, aim, and fire.

Alec tilted his head silently in thought, realizing that he had never named his weapon. All the new products that Mandalore was building - products that Alec himself had a hand in - had names but the shotgun was exclusively his, having built it only for himself though he was willing to hand over the plans to MandalMotors and see what they thought. They may not be willing to funnel more beskar from their new deposits to make shotguns and not to mention the beskar-made slugs that Alec had loaded in some of the mags that he carried but it didn't have to be beskar. The jack-of-all trades nature that came with the shotgun and different load outs that could be used with it should be enough to get some interest in it either way.

The Nephrite Special? the Mandalorian allowed himself to ponder while declining a drink from an assistant that was handing out beverages. Nah that won't work. Maybe just a spin off of some of the old Mando technology like how the new bes'ulik fighter was named after the old Basilisk war droids that Mandalorians had used so long ago.

"Alec Nephrite, I must say you are unique. You're twenty-one standard, correct? At such a young age, what does your future hold for you after this mission?"

Eh? Alec raised an eyebrow at that and turned to look at Borus, the Chiss of their team. Young? Strange, Alec never thought himself as young. Mandalorians tended to be considered as an adult when they turned thirteen years old and he had been nine when he had undergone survival training the hard way among other things that had been required of him to learn that allowed him to survive during the Vongese assault that took place on Mandalore. His father introduced him to not only combat but smithing as well when he turned eleven, deciding to personally train his son a couple years in advance cause of the scar heads. And since then he had been either working in the smiths on Mandalore, helping build the new products that was going to get their planet back in shape, or off fighting at times like that one incident on Nickel One where he got his new pretty shatter gun that was currently holstered at his side.

No, Alec didn't consider himself young. He was in his prime maybe but certainly not young.

"Expecting something special?" Alec questioned, the stock of his shotgun still sliding in and out as he thought. Where did he see himself years from now? Would he still be struggling through the years to restore Mandalore like his brethren or would they finally be able to bring the planet back to it's former glory? Well, if he wasn't dead then maybe find a nice woman, have some kids through the Mando tradition of adoption? His father hadn't adopted him though, Alec had been b

11. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007

Cara stepped back and observed. The Stormtrooper had shown his true colors first. In an impressive manifest of lack of professionalism he had at least shown he was an honest breed. Nobody who was ordered to betray them, would have shown such an hostility. Nevertheless, she could not trust him. His temper would be a potential risk, down there. He thought himself to be tough and battle harened, but for everyone who could see it was visible, that his ego was out of control. Too many battles, perhaps. Think of what your assigments did to you. When it wasnßt the enemy anymore, but only someone to kill, anyone.

Under the surface she was probably already transforming into him. It was only a matter when her feeling of guilt would resurface in the new form of anger. All the things hse had done to herself. The men she had seduced, the people she had killed, the battles she had won . . . especially those she had won. There probably simply was a prize for everything in this galaxy.

But the overreacting of the imperial had made a point. She saw the reactions of the others. As expected the Chiss and Mandalorian didn´t care. No team-players, obviously. Their species weren´t well known for social skills. The Drall prefered to speak in riddles. Riddles always kept something hidden. While he was right, that their success depended on working together, she wondered what was beneath his calm surface that made him play the fool.

But most interesting was the lack of reaction from the Jedi. So Cara adjusted her clothing, gave the stormtrooper a smile. Like acknowledging his help and turned towards the Jedi.

"Master-Jedi, as we seem to have run low on any facts regarding this mission . . . has the force given you any insight?" She bowed her head lightly in respect while talking. She knew Jedi rather well for a Hapes. Actually she owrked for one.

Tag: especially Nick, but basically anybody

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Nill

The YVH droid found himself wondering, yes, wondering, a new found emotion, why the various coalition factions hadn't simply each donated a personally programmed droid. Oh, to have a team made up of YVH droids, as opposed to there. Nill nonetheless was having none of this within his team. The woman seemed to have provided the most complexity for the team, and when she was grabbed, Nill half-lifted his blaster limb when a newly found routine intervened; something was preventing him from targeting his team members, no matter how ridiculous.

Nill immediately focused upon self-analysis, finding the offending program, beating down its immense defenses and deleting it. By the time he'd done that, a full four seconds into the little stand-off, Nill concluded that neither party intended to kill the other, and simply stared with his photoreceptors, recalling that he'd been directed to activate his HoloCam upon boarding with what he believed was amusement.

By the time he had managed to regain control over his servomotors ? and seemingly the sentient?s of their manners - it was all over.

Nill would have glowered at them, if he could, but instead turned. They had wasted enough time. He stomped up the ramp, speaking in the ultra deep and ultra male tones of Lando Calrissian. ?It is time to depart. Make you way aboard. One of you shall be the pilot, the other, the co-pilot. Another the gunner. The rest of you can guard the rear of the shuttle ? screening it upon opening it.?

At the top of the ramp, he craned his head around his body. ?I shall begin transmitting to your respective governments... now.? With that the hulking droid took the remaining steps and turned about, facing the rear of the shuttle.

Nill didn't need to enforce discipline upon this rabble; they had to enforce it upon themselves. He'd picked up a dry sense of humour from Lando, during the Yuuzhan Vong War. The subsequent years of violence had only deepened it.

TAG: All

13. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    OOC: Okie dokie, break's over <.<

?I shall begin transmitting to your respective governments... now.?

"Dibs on the guns," Alec immediately claimed, wanting to look at the weaponry on the new version of the Skipray Blastboat that they were using as their transport. Perhaps something else that he could take note of and maybe implement for Mandalorian purposes. Today was already becoming a nice learning experience involving the tech that Alec had managed to not only view on the Chiss warship but even on their droid companion with several ideas propping into mind and perhaps some that he could actually use if he put more thought into it.

Socializing with the so called team wasn't at the top of Alec's mind at the moment...at least not the smithing Alec. The killing Alec, however, would be more interested in the actual combat that might end up happening down on Shadow. Best to let smithing Alec look around at other people's toys before killing Alec comes and maybe break them.

Alec allowed his helmet's speakers to stay on this time when he decided to whistle again, and he spun his shotgun in hand before resting against his shoulder and lightly tapping it against the armored plate there. He was in a good mood today; when there was plenty of technology about he was always in a good mood.

Hopefully when the combat comes he'll stay in a good mood. It probably wouldn't be too good if killing Alec ended up having a bad mood when the shooting started.

14. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Cara Ta´Manis, Hangar

The droid was like any droid. Effective in his purpose and utterly useless in every other sense. She ignored him, as he spoke. Mostly because it was part of her cover. But also because she knew he wasn´t what it all was about. The planet would ask for more than logic, she was quite certain. And the only enigmas a droid brain could solve where those a droidbrain had produced.

She considered offering her own flying ability. She was a naval officer, after all. At least that was what she had done the last few years. But then: Why?
    After the hostile welcome and after they had all been so eager to show their skills, she decided they would let them have their way. The Mandalorian wanted the guns, of course. A good choice by any means. Killing was their thing. If she had been in command she would have chosen him, too. "Very good." She commented and stepped up the ramp. Without waiting for the Jedi´s reply to her question she took her backpack and entered the ship. Taking a seat from where she would be able to watch the others and put her equipment on her legs, smiling a serene smile, she waited.

When the whole thing would get nasty, they would have plenty of time to proove their skills. Until then, there was little reason to show anymore of herself, then the others would do. Not all members had been as obvious as the Stormtrooper had been. Leaning back she sighed and waited for everybody else to board the ship.

Looks as if we finally have our departure. Lets see if Shadow holds a grudge against me.

Tag: Anyone

15. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Borus'eth'Sabosen
    -Fell Defender

"I will be the pilot." Seth announced as he stepped aboard the ship, passing Ta'Manis and nodding at Nephrite at the guns. Seth knew that, if given the choice as commander, any one of the team's members would agree that Nephrite was the best gunner, with the exception of the stormtrooper. Seth grabbed the controls of the ship and started it up, testing the switches on the system after everything hummed to life.

Seth eyed Nephrite to his right, the young man seemed fascinated by the technology, though this was not nearly as advanced as some transports the Chiss had seen. "Nephrite, you seem to enjoy these technology and all the inner workings of the systems. Are you an engineer by any chance?"

Flying a transport was not going to be difficult and Seth was certain that he would not have to devote all of his attention to it. This would allow him to delve in the psyche of the Mandalorian and Stormtrooper. He would need them later so it would be wise for him to learn about them and what made them tick, though he predicted that the Stormtrooper would not be too hard to figure out, but easily manipulated. Nephrite, on the other hand, had more potential and this planet might unlock his inhibitions. He would be a threat and he would have to proceed with caution.

The others, he would handle them when the time came.

Tag: Team

16. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005

Talk, talk and more talk. And then for a change talk in the form of a riddle given by the chubby fuzzy. It was really starting to get old, and then the Hapan witch asked a question of the Jedi. Mal was tired of talk. No one knew what they were getting themselves into, no one could. It was just the way things were, and nothing was going to change that save jumping in pretty much face first given the situation. For all anyone knew they wouldn't survive the landing.

And then finally the droid did something. It started transmitting, which was nice to know that his little... indescretion hadn't been seen by anyone else. That would have gone over quite well with his superiors. Assuming they decided to keep him around after this. Assuming anyone survived this mess in the first place, but that was the nature of any mission. The unknown always raised its ugly head. That had just happened a bit sooner than most times.

Everyone was ordered to pickup a pack and move to whatever duty they wanted. Alex had chosen weapons, which wasn't surprising in the least. Mal wanted to be the landing party. It was what the Imp had been trained for after all. "I'll take welcoming party. Figure I'll be the least missed if everything goes boom." And with that he grabbed his pack and boarded the ship listening to the Mando'a whistle some tuneless sounds and making sure to sit as far away from miss High and Mighty as was physically possible in the cramped quarters of the blastboat.

Noticing that the insufferable Chiss was the pilot, and basically attempting to chat up Alec, Mal smiled slightly. Getting a Mandalorian to talk could be like pulling teeth. Having had to work with them on occassion, Judder probably understood them better than anyone else present. Just like Alex probably understood him better than the others. It was something of a two way street, being Beings who had to deal with the messes that black ops could become. Glancing at the Hapan female Mal absently wandered what messes she'd had to deal with.

TAG: YA'LL

17. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Shadow Orbit, Blockade Line, Fell Defender Hangar, Skipray

Alec didn't power up the weapon systems as no doubt that might make people edgy. Besides, there probably was a safety system or something in here that had to be flipped by the pilot if the weapons were to be engaged. With this assortment of team members, Alec wouldn't be surprised if such a safety measure had been taken. Especially Mandos if Alec had to go on on not only the more popular opinion that people had of his kind but of something his father joked about as well.

"People already have a hard time relaxing when a fully armed and armored Mando is in the room. So try not to make them too jumpy by getting another, bigger gun to play with."

So Alec just moved the turret left and right, taking note of the turn rate and visible working parts as he tried to gauge the weapon systems. He was seated a bit awkwardly, his jetpack forcing him to compensate for seating. He probably could momentarily take it off but if they suddenly found themselves hulled and being thrown out into space it would probably be best if he still had that thing on his back. His shotgun was nearby as well, leaning against the wall with the barrel pointed down.

"Nephrite, you seem to enjoy these technology and all the inner workings of the systems. Are you an engineer by any chance?"

The Chiss again? Alec looked over his shoulder at the man before turning completely around in his seat, doing his best to lean back as best he could and crossing his arms over his chest.

"Blacksmith," Alec corrected, and thumped a hand against his armored chest. "Beskar isn't manipulated with all your high-tech machinery in your factories, something that the Empire found out when they tried to have a go at our metal. Nope, it's all about hammer and anvil and a lot of heat. And the result..."

His one hand hand seized the pistol grip of his shotgun while his armored foot kicked the barrel, allowing Alec to quickly bring up the weapon and have it pointed at Seth in an instant. "Bam, something like this little number right here. My own little creation and the only one like it...for now. Better watch out in case this hits the production line, eh? Or whatever else we may think of next."

Alec grinned beneath his helmet, flipping his weapon in one hand and motioned to Nill. "I already got a couple ideas with our friend here." He nodded at the droid. "That armor of yours doesn't have to only be made for big bad battle droids like yourself when it can be used for big bad Mandos, eh?"

TAG: Bluebeast1237, Sinrebirth, Everyone Else

18. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Driggs Norghar
    Shadow Orbit, Blockade Line, Fell Defender Hangar/Blastboat

He might never understand these beings called humans, such drive such ambition such...waists of energy. At least there was some hope from the Jedi and Chiss on their group, perhaps the Mandalorian as well if his heritage wasn't human centric as the culture seemed to change that waist into cold efficiency. But he took solace in the knowledge that in the end, humans half the time didn't seem to be able to understand other humans despite being the same species, age, and gender half the time, mix with any of those and understanding seemed to be anyone's best guess.

Moving onboard the ship, not at all suprised by the droids muted reactions, but more at ease none the less that the thing seemed to be using it's original role of guard instead of leader supreme. Although in the end it still left many questions that he didn't like being left unanswered, only so many could be answered without interaction and no one seemed to be bringing the droid up in conversation.

But there was a way around such in conveniences, his mind a race he hurried aboard and popped in several servings of tea in for everyone, before calling to the droid. "YVH 1A-1, if you wouldn't mind terribly could you hand these three cups of tea to those in the back? While I take these three to the front? If so just let them know some tea is waiting, thank you...sir.?" He had done it. He had choked out the title sir to a droid, he figured Ma'am wouldn't be appropriate considering its vocal range and human creator, but it still didn't sit right. Taking his three cups before he could fuddle this any more, he headed to the forward compartment where the Mandalorian and Chiss had taken gunny and pilot positions respectively.

"Would either of you like a cup of tea? My Aunts blend, enough to curl the fur on your...well you get the idea." Heading to the co-pilots seat since no one else seemed inclined to take it he set the cups down gengerly on some clear space before climbing onto the seat.

TAG: Sinre, Beast, & Mando

19. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Borus'eth'Sabosen
    -Fell Defender

Seth stared down the barrel of Nephrite's rifle for a few seconds before he turned around to the controls,cocked his head to the side, and smiled to himself. The young man had a point about Mandalorians producing some of the most effective and deadly weapons to ever hit the market. Actually, this was how they made their money now. Proclaiming themselves to be business people, but when the creds get low, and they will, the Mandos would result back to their original, warrior selves.

It seemed that the members of their little group were now starting to focus on the droid, but Seth had already figured out what was needed to know. The droid was dangerous and could kill with swift efficiency should it null the program that was keeping it from interfering in the political relations. As time progressed, the droid would become more sentient and gain more reign on its systems. For now, Seth would just monitor Nill from time to time, observing the changes.

Norghar approached Nephrite and Seth a few seconds later baring tea. Seth raised his own canister with his own beverage in it that he had received from his assistant moments before they had boarded the shipboat.

"No thank you, Norghar." Seth looked back at the group and everyone was in, the Jedi being the last one to board. The Chiss picked up the pilot's helmet and secured it around his head before closing the door and raising the ship. He requested the Fell Defender to open its large docking bay up to the moon.

"Blacksmith. Unexpected to say the least." He continued to stare straight towards the docking doors. "What do you know about this satellite?" The question was directed to Norghar and Nephrite, but it was open to any of them.

Tag: Mitth, Sarge

20. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Shadow Orbit, Blockade Line, Fell Defender Hangar, Skipray

"What do you know about this satellite?"

"Same story as any other planet," Alec replied, placing his shotgun back against the wall and crossing his arms over his chest. "Got bombed because it was on the wrong side of the wrong war." Behind his visor, violet eyes glanced in the direction of the seated Hapan member of their group. "A few Hapans dropped a few lasers and mines on it, drove out it's good citizens, and then when they want to resettle they vanish and we find ourselves some new technology."

And despite his apparent interest in different technologies, the stuff that may be hidden within Shadow was something that Alec was not interested in. Finding more technology in a system that had the destructive Centerpoint Station just spelled bad news to the Mandalorian.

"Course, now everyone's up and about looking to grab another Centerpoint," Alec continued, putting his hands behind his head and leaning further back in his seat. "Personally I don't know why you people like your big toys. From what I've seen so far it just doesn't seem as if you people can handle using them and they all get blown up anyway. Should just bypass all this trouble and just finish what the Hapans started by blowing up the rest of the moon and start investing in some reliable Mando tech."

21. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Cara Ta´Manis, Inside the shuttle

Her nervousness returned. It felt almost comfortable. After all her years, her missions, her crimes she had comitted in the name of her Empire . . . she had never stopped to have this feeling. This restlesness in the face of a trial. The possibility of death felt almost comfortable. She deserved it, for sure. Especially here. Then again, it were always those who didn´t deserve it who couldn´t fight another day.

Tea was made somewhere. Voices around her. All this slowly retreated into the background of her mind, while her thoughts began to circle around Shadow itself. The crew had revealed what it needed to. The brutes, the smart ones, the silents and the enigma. The droid had shown he was what she had considered from him. All there was now to learn was about their mission. And they were terribly prepared for the planet. No analysis of the threat, not even an idea what there was to be found. A second superweapon? From all she knew it could have been anything. A Sith-Temple, a Corellian experiment, a natural occurence, a virus,a trap . . . anything.

Rising her eyes to the others in the room she remembered her orders. But the words, repeated in her head again and again where somehow disturbed by screams of burning civilians. She heard the Mandalorian tell the Chiss about Hapes bombarding the planet. Bombs, he said. She chuckled.

We were low on bombs. We . . . I ordered to destroy their generators. When they exploded the colonists had nowhere to run. Much more effective. Much crueler, too. She stared to the cockpit of the small ship but said nothing. Keeping her thoughts to herself. While the words hammered against her conscience.

Finally she gave in to the urge and opened her bag. Getting her Blaster Rifle out, she began checking the system of the weapon. The Mandalorian would probably have appreciated, that it was based on a design of his people. Without further comment, she checked the systems and waited. For Shadow´s shadow to embrace her once again.

Tag: Anyone

OOC: This will by my last for this year so make sure you all have a good way into the new year!

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    IC: Mal Judder/ Blastboat/ Hangar/ Fell Defender/ Shadow Orbit/ Blockade Line

Muttering to himself about some assumptions, and the fact that no one had taken the other gun Mal dragged his pack over towards where the mandalorian and the pompous chiss were talking. Deciding that ignoring them was a better idea, the Trooper set about calibrating the aim and other minor details of the weapons system. There was no expectation of talking given that everyone assumed they knew and understood Mal, when even Judder seemed to not know himself at the moment. Overall it was a most amusing situation, and one that would certainly allow him to act with vague impunity should suprirse become necessary. After all, no one expected a stormie to be smart, and when you fulfilled ones expecations they suddenly saw next to nothing else.

To his utter surprise the Drall brought everyone some tea, which the Imp decided to accept even if he wouldn't drink it. It smelled... a bit too strong for even his sensibilities, and the "biscuits" that were given with them would shatter a humans teeth should they decide to attempt eating them. For some reason they reminded the Bastonian of nerf treats. Inclining his head in a show of thanks, Mal turned back to his weapon systems.

TAG: YA'LL

23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Nill
    Blastboat, Hangar, Fell Defender, Shadow Orbit, Blockade Line

"YVH 1A-1, if you wouldn't mind terribly could you hand these three cups of tea to those in the back? While I take these three to the front? If so just let them know some tea is waiting, thank you...sir.?"

Nill blinked his photoreceptors at Driggs Norghar, but passed them over. "Call me Nill... Driggs." First names was a suggestion by his psychological programming for easing borders between everyone, and moulding them into a team subtly.

"Personally I don't know why you people like your big toys. From what I've seen so far it just doesn't seem as if you people can handle using them and they all get blown up anyway. Should just bypass all this trouble and just finish what the Hapans started by blowing up the rest of the moon and start investing in some reliable Mando tech."

Alec Nephrite was forthcoming with his opinion, as you'd expect of someone with his character profile. Nill shrugged, as human-like as possible. "The big guns keep the galaxy turning." He was quoting the Reconstruction Era philosopher, a Fondorian named Ewan Fust, whom had died during the last war.

Turning to the Chiss, Nill nodded as the Jedi took the co-pilot seat. "Seth, please take us down. The atmosphere is littered with storms, so expect a difficult landing. A beacon shall direct you to where the crew went missing - at a cave four klicks from where the capital was." Nill turned his head slightly towards Cara Ta'Manis, knowing full-well that she was repsonsible for that destruction. He winked a photoreceptor at her, and magclamped himself to the floor. He transmitted to the Chiss warship, and they quickly responded.

"Fell Defender acknowledges we're ready to depart." As Nill spoke, the doors to the hangar opened, spilling starlight into the bay and through the viewports of the blastboat.

"Please hold onto something. This shall be a bumpy ride. Seth... launch."

24. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Isis SteleBlastboat, Hangar, Fell Defender, Shadow Orbit, Blockade Line

Isis never moved during flight, but as added insurance, she belted herself twice across the chest. She shrugged, forcing the straps to shift. The safety catches were squashing her breasts, but she didn?t speak. She was used to various degrees of discomfort and this trip, in such venerable company, would not be the one where she would cast away her reserve. Isis glanced out the forward viewport and then looked over, expectantly, at the Chiss.

Tag: Blu, Sinre, All

25. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Shadow Orbit, Blockade Line, Fell Defender Hangar, Blastboat

"The big guns keep the galaxy turning."

"While taking pieces of it," Alec replied to Nill, a little surprised that he was actually doing so.

But yes, while Alec had yet to be born during the time, he knew quite well what big guns had been up and about so long ago. The most well-known being of the Death Stars that took out Alderaan. And then there was the Carida system and the Cauldron Nebula that were destroyed by the Sun Crusher while the World Devastators paved the way for the Galaxy Gun that took out Byss, Pinnacle Moon, and countless other worlds that Alec would never even be able to see other then in old images and vids.

And then there was Centerpoint, something that Alec had been alive to see. While it didn't dish out as much destruction as the other superweapons, there were still a lot of Hapans, Alliance personnel, and even Corellians that had died from the firepower of the massive weapon before it ended up being programmed to destroy itself.

No, Alec didn't like superweapons. To him they were just something for hut'uuns, something that they could hide behind with a false sense of security, that nothing could mess with them and that they could just blast anything that does. That wasn't warfare at all and it was the reason why the Empire crumbled; they invested too much into their superweapons that they couldn't use against an enemy like the Rebellion that was just too spread out everywhere and when they did try to lash out at them such as with the destruction of Alderaan, they just succeeded in making more enemies that took them along with their superweapons down in the end.

"Fell Defender acknowledges we're ready to depart."

At that, Alec went back too the controls for the turret while doing a double check on his armor. Vacuum-sealed, he would be able to survive out in space for a while if something may end up happening to the ship. Not that there should be any trouble but Alec wasn't one to take chances. Who knows if there was something other then storms that they would have to worry about on the way down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.