main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

!5/19 Midnight Madness! Who is with the Dark Side?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by JediFonger, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    So does anyone have any guesses as to how much a cab from Loew's at the Common to Harvard Square will run me, or how I would go about figuring that out? Trying to figure out how much cash I'll need to bring.

BTW, I was coming out of Hitchhiker's Guide at about 6:00 on the night of the 12th and was astonished to find that the theater had been seized by the Empire while I was in the movie! Took me a couple of minutes to figure out the stormtroopers, etc. were there standing guard in honor of the charity screening that evening. It was quite a sight to behold.

Yeah, anyway, I decided to stick with the 12:01 showing. The midnight thing is a big deal to me (I'll have seen all three prequels at the very first moment -- the 12:01 showing, not the 12:02 showing, ;)) and it's not like I won't be going back to see the movie repeatedly anyway. (I'll have to get in my digital goodness while I'm here; there's not a digital theater within 100 miles at home.) For anyone else who's going, I'll be the guy in the Jedi robes. Not that I imagine that will be so totally helpful in identifying me, :p. Anyway... Only four more days. So exciting! For anyone else who is going, I'd love to meet you, we should work out some way to identify each other.

-Paul

2. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    Paul: I'll be the girl in overly long Emperor Palpatine robes. Also at Boston Common for the 12:01 a.m.

I remember a taxi back to Harvard being around $18. Don't quote me on that one though.

Did you catch ANH at Quincy today? :)

3. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    No, they showed ANH in Quincy? I didn't know! :_|

Actually probably just as well, would only have frustrated me. Today was the last day for final papers, had two due. As I finished the first one at 9:30 this morning, and the second one was eight pages and due at 5:30, my day was not a pretty one.

Glad to have them out of my life, though. And tomorrow I'll be knocking off my last other requirements before finals, which means Wednesday can be consecrated entirely to Star Wars! Yay!

Do have any idea what time you're going to show up yet?

-Paul

4. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Just curious Paul, where's home for you?

Every time I come back and check in here I see new faces, which is great! To anyone I've missed - welcome to our board! :)

5. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    Southern WV.

This is one time when Harvard's crazy, crazy schedule really is nice. Sure, we're here until basically the start of June, but that just means over a week of repeated Star Wars goodness! And opening night in the city, of course, which I'm sure will be quite the experience.

Yeah... I've only got two exams (go English!) and they're a week apart, so I should sneak a couple of digital viewings in there.

Not that with that nice schedule I'd be able to go to the Rebels event in Danvers. Oh no. Choir stuff that day. I swear I'll get to one sometime!

-Paul

6. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
  7. Kaylle

Kaylle Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2004
    Despite having another final exam at 9 am the next morning, I too will be at the midnight showing at Boston Common ;). I'll be in Jedi tunic and robe, although that probably won't help you find me... We've got to figure out some kind of secret handshake or something for these occasions :)

Kaylle

8. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    Or maybe a code phrase that no one else will know. How about "May the Force be with you"? :p

Yeah, I was desperately afraid I would end up with an exam the next morning, and I certainly would be going anyway. It's all about priorities! I'll be taking almost twenty more exams, but this will be my last Star Wars opening night (:_|!).

Still curious when other people are planning to show up. Just haven't decided yet when I want to. The calling-the-theater trick isn't too bad, but I'd like to have some idea, and I'm just not sure when is wise.

By the way, watching TPM right now as part of my RotS preparation, and it has stirred in me some nostagic desire to play the TPM computer game. [face_sick] I can't imagine what's come over me, but I must be feeling pretty into Star Wars.

-Paul

9. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    I'm going to have to pull an all-nighter for a paper and an entirely separate presentation tomorrow. Thought about multi-tasking by watching orgo lectures...Who am I kidding? I have the OT DVDs on my desk. :)

I'll be watching the Smallville finale (embarassing, I know), so will leave for Boston Common some time after 9:30.

10. Anna-neko

Anna-neko Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2005
    gyaaaa! curse you people that can see movie at midnight

*weeps* I'll be the sad person seeing it at 9am, since midnight is completly out of question (damn T not working crazy night hours!)

11. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    what town do you live, anna? perhaps someone can give you a ride home? i know i could if it was south shore.

12. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    Don't worry about the 9:00am showing...I am sure there will still be plenty of people in the theater. I went to a 11:30am showing once of AOTC and there was a pretty decent crowd there...

13. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    Eep. I think my arrival time was just retarded somewhat. I called the theater earlier and they said we won't be permitted to wait inside until 10:00... And sitting through the movie (plus two hours before) in soggy Jedi robes doesn't sound like the ticket to a good experience.

-Paul

14. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Use the umbrella, Luke!

15. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    i'm heading out in an hour. hope to see some of you there! i'm going to the 12:30AM DLP showing, i doubt there'll be many there since 12:01 seems to be the preferred choice.

16. Anna-neko

Anna-neko Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2005
    Don't worry about the 9:00am showing...I am sure there will still be plenty of people in the theater

Oh I'm sure it'll be good ^__^
    I had good luck w/ LotR movies that way (fangirls to make some baaaad Frodo/Sam jokes with heheheheh)

17. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Best. Episode. Ever.

And Justin Manning, whoever you are, that was damn funny how you tried to talk to the crowd and got booed.
    Better luck next time.

18. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    THAT WAS GREAT!!! :)

19. Cherijo

Cherijo Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    OMG! I just got back from Lowes...All I can say is, thank you George, thank you sooooo much!

20. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    thank you George, thank you sooooo much!
    I agree! Thank you George!!

21. Anna-neko

Anna-neko Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2005
    This movie has DEFINATLY made up for the disaster of ep I & parts of II....

but, don't flame me on this...
    but am I the only one feeling the timeline is now "strained" ...

22. PadmeSusyQ

PadmeSusyQ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    How do you mean?

23. Anna-neko

Anna-neko Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2005
    How do you mean?

well, with the Prequel Trilogy - timelines seems to have been compressed to move much quicker.

The technology in prequels is so shiny and new, in CloneWars: still damn shiny!
    yet when ANH hits - its mostly used~looking, and more ...errr.. outdated looking.

Also, everyone's ages - to me it looks like more time should have passed between Sith & ANH!
    Obi-Wan, Boba Fett and yes, even the man Vader himself!
    They seem much muuuch older in ANH than they would be if Sith is barely 20 years ago
    Same goes for that lil round Star~o~Doom floating around already!! Isn't it a lil early in Sith?

24. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    FYI, for those of whom that want to view all 6 episodes AND Clone Wars:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=19084259&replies=48

25. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Things look crappy in the OT cuz when the Empire formed, a Dark Age fell upon the galaxy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.