main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars 5 BBY - The Imperial Fist

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sarge221, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: LOL!! Another Edit!!

Striker (Lana Vangress)
    Hyperspace- Taking a pit stop, En route to Corellia ;)

Striker told the crew that she was taking them to Denon, before they continued on to Corellia. They seemed to take it well.

"Alright Captain?" Grim said looking up from the nav-computer. "I resign myself to your expertise in these matters as I am less familiar with pirates and their ways. Denon seems a safe enough planet to conduct any necessary business before we head to Corellia. We can also discus a few things while on planet." At that, Grim jerked his head towards the kid. Striker gave Grim a nod, as she responded.

"Just give the word." He asserted after a pause.

"Whatever you want, Captain. Just want to plant these here legs on terra firma," Romeyn added, after leaving the 'freshner, looking a little less green than earlier.

Striker walked over, and gave Oakes a reasurring had on the shoulder. "Dont sweat it. Im the type who likes the crazy rides in an amuzement zone, normally. Hang from trees and buildings all day long." Striker laughed softly. "Something diffrent than taking a load of nerf to the market.."

Striker made a face then, and then she peered at Oakes. "One thing thought. You might wanna contact your family...just to make sure they ok, once we get to Denon. I havent forgotten the fact, we found you floating, with a load of weapons you didnt know anything about. If someone was looking for YOU...they might have done some backtracking. So, do be a favor, and check on them, okay?" Striker squeezed his shoulder, and then went back towards the ships controls.

"Or, we could head to Tatooine. I know my nana is probably sick with worry about me. Plus it is so large if we are being followed, they will have a hard time trying to track us. Besides, my nana would enjoy the company."

The kid. The only name she had for the soft voice had spoken, finally. He had been asleep for much of the trip, most likely from his injuries. Yes, there was still that to take care of as well. Striker bit her lip, not wanting to respond at the moment.

"oh,sorry..I wasn't trying to direct anything, but you all helped me, so I just thought..." Well if Striker didnt feel bad earlier, she certainly did now! She didnt want the poor child to worry about what they thought.

Striker smiled in relief, when she heard Grim clearing his throat, as he decided to repond to the boy. She didnt want to be the one to tell him. She continued on to her ships console, but she listened intentively.

"You'll need to have a real doctor look at that, and to do that we need to go to the nearest planet with suitable facilities. I'm sure we'll stop at Tatooine eventually, but right now we need to keep a low profile if we're ever to get you there and that means following the captain's orders." She heard Grim tell the boy.

The kids reply nearly broke her heart. "It's allright, I've had plenty of accidents and things happen to me..it will be okay". POODOO! What had they done to the kid?! She hated slavers with a passion, almost as much as the Empire.

Striker sat at the controls, and figited with her controls. So, the kid had a nana. She wondered if the woman was a slave as well. Showing up on a planet that dabbled in slavery, with a runaway slave did NOT sound like the most rational thing to do. But if he had family there, .... maybe they could grab them, and take them someplace else. Well, something for she and Grim to talk about. No way they could leave him on Corellia now.

The kids next response to Grim's statement, quickly changed her mood.

Kiyan frowned at Grim. "What's a 'faycilty?' is it like a bathroom? why can't we just use the one here?"

Striker exploded into laughter at his question. She clamped both hands over her mouth, as she tried to stiffle her laughter, not wanting to interrupt the chat between the two. But it was a very much needed laugh, Lana wipped her eyes as she continued to chuckle.

Striker heard Grim introduce them, and Striker waved, an

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Grim
    Hyperspace, detour to Denon

And so they made the jump to hyperspace once again, but this time instead of heading to Corellia as originally intended, they would go to Denon.

Several things were going through Grim's mind as the blue vortex swirled around them. First, he found himself feeling glad. Glad to the Force that in its infinite wisdom only now answered one of several longings inside himself. For over a decade he had wanted a new family, given the tragic events of his last one, but the Force had been silent for a very long time concerning the matter. Adventuring during the current Imperial climate had been a friendless endeavor, despite brief moments of personal indiscretions. But now, this: Coming in contact with Striker, Oakes and even the kid- these things he had not foreseen and were a welcomed surprise. The familial bonds being formed here felt very real, the sort that would stand the test of time, and this, despite his self-imposed 'loner' code, warmed him, made him glad, and he had no regrets about being here at all. Once again he felt the old desire to protect others well up inside him, and he welcomed it, for it was something he thought he had forgotten?apparently, and much to his relief, he was wrong.

Grim smiled as he swiveled in his chair and looked at his three traveling companions. Even Daks. He now understood the crucial significance of Daks, and found it curious that he'd been deaf to that lesson all along.

The second thing on his mind was Oakes and his inherited shipment of weapons. The Captain had made a good point regarding the possible complications regarding this, and agreed with the Captain that Romeyn should attempt to contact his family back home just to see if they were ok. A simple hello was all that was needed. A few words could reveal quite a lot if interpreted correctly. So the thing to do now was wait until they reached Denon or Corellia and await feedback from the most adventurous farmer in the galaxy. Grim sincerely hoped that all was well with Romeyn's family, for he knew what it felt like to lose loved ones, and that he did not wish upon anyone.

The third concern on his mind was the kid, who's name now they knew to be Kiyan Tsudo. Grim found himself smiling as he thought about the kid.Despite his hardships as a slave, Kiyan seemed to be a good soul. His hardships had not driven 'goodness' out of him. He could feel it, how the kid clinged to it. He obviously cared for his 'Father' and for his 'Nana'. No, they couldn't give him up to some impersonal social service. That would be a betrayal of trust, and that could not be allowed to happen; they would just have to find another alternative.

Be that as it may, the kid, though likable, was still a relative stranger. Actually, that was a two way street. No doubt they were all strangers to the kid as well, but less so to each other. Maybe it was time to remedy that, at least a bit more.

"So, Kiyan?" Grim started saying, facing the kid with a casual smile and a relaxed posture. "Do you hail from Tatooine originally? and how did you end up all the way in Geonosis? I mean, If you don't mind sharing. I'll understand if you don't want to, but I am a bit curious?"

Grim paused, listening and attentive, but a thought had crossed his own mind. He suddenly got up and moved toward Kiyan, then got down on one knee as he still listened. He gave the kid a reassuring smile, then gently placed both hands on the kid's wounded foot.

Grim's abilities in 'curato salva' were merely adequate, but they came in handy in a pinch, and at least he could help Kiyan's own natural healing process and accelerate it. Perhaps the physician they needed was already amongst them, but they had not realized it yet. As it was, Grim called on the Force and let it flow through him and focused it on his hands and on Kiyan's wound. He knew that doing this further exposed him and that his shield of secrecy was greatly weakened. But this wasn't about him anymore. Give trust to gain trust

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lana Vangress - {Striker}

Striker set the coordinates for Denon, and then turned around in her seat. She watched as the other relaxed now. The kid had a name. Oakes was calming down now, everyone's stomach was back to normal..

She did hope her words were not true. Hopefully, if there was some truth to them, they would go after him...and not his family. But if they did, Striker was sure that the others would be willing to after them, if thats what it took. But she hoped it would not come to that.

Daks was busy playing with the kid (Kiyan), and Grim was checking the kid injuries out as well. Lana smiled, as she turned to stare out the window, but she then froze.

It was a sensation that made her hair stand on in. It was a rush, that seemed to make her heart beat like mad. She turned once more..

Grim was down on one knee as he still listened. He gave the kid a reassuring smile, then gently placed both hands on the kid's wounded foot. Then he starting doing something. She was sure of that. Lana could feel it. Something to help the kids wounds perhaps?

But why did she feel something? This had nothing to what Oakes had called him earlier. This was something else-

----

"Pavi"?

The older man opened his eyes, and smiled down at his daughter, gently patting her head. "What is it, Lana?" he asked her, as he made room for her to sit on his lap. She was maybe 5. She didnt remember.

"I saw sumthin'. It was scary. Why do we haffta move again?" she asked, her eyes shinning. "I lose my friends again...." Lana put her head down on his chest. She liked hearing his heart beat.

She felt something. It felt like what Grim was doing. It seemed to come from everywhere, and surround her, even as her father hugged her. It was warm. Safe.

A lie.

"We have to move Lana. Im sorry." he said slowly. She could feel he was sad. Like he knew something, but didnt want to tell her. "He handed her something small and shiny. She held it, looking at the object. It had a picture and symbols on it.

"Tell me Lana. Tell me what you say." And Lana did. But it was very strange, because she remembered as she told him, it was like she suddenly got very sleepy. And then it became much harder to remember what it was she was trying to tell him. Soon, she coudlnt remember at all what she had been trying to tell him. She started to cry. She remembered he told her to hold on to the coin for him. It was something special. Very special. And he was giving it to her, for safekeeping. She should keep it hidden for now.

And then he gave her a treat, and she slipped away, happy to have something special, and something fun to eat. But still, there was something nagging at the back of her mind...

And she didnt see the look on her fathers face. A silent look that he gave to her, and then, looking up to his wife with a nod. Lana only saw her mothers smiling face, not the worry behind it...

A tight squeeze and hug, before running off once more to play.
    --

Lana slowly stood, staring for a brief moment. She was sure that everyone could hear her heart pounding loudly in her chest. She looked away from Grim and the kid, as she slowly moved past them, and made her way to the galley. She reached up, to grab a mug, to pour herself some caffa, and choked back a sob. Looking at the young child, and all he had gone through, and then Grim tending to him.

Lana felt like she couldnt breathe suddenly. She choked, determined not to make a sound the others would hear. Why NOW?! Why was such powerful emotions suddenly threatening to burst over her carefully built wall she had surrounded herself with. The walls was threatening to come crashing down, and she didnt know what to do.

"MEOORRRRRUURR??" Dak's head appeared in the doorway for a brief moment.

"I'm Fine..." Lana carefully stated, clutching her cup, with determination. Daks disappeared once more, probably to play with the kid.

She wasnt fine. She sat down at the table, and buried her head down on the table. Striker was staying silent. Lana began to cry, quietly. She then concentrate

4. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    OOC: Whoops! Didn't mean to double post, sorry!

5. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

It was good to see the kid smile and feeling better, even for a moment. His troubles did not necessarily have to be the focus of his reality. Grim was just about finished ministering to the kid's foot when Daks bounded in and jumped on Kiyan's lap. Grim laughed and rose, giving the two room to play. "He's all yours Daks." he stated with a smile. He stood there and regarded them for a brief moment, inwardly glad that they had a moment of contentment.

Peripherally, Grim had noticed that Oakes had retired to his quarters. The mood about shrouding the man was in flux, and understandably so. In a short period of time they had experienced much, and some of those experience may have unforeseen ramifications. If the Empire or any other agency dared to go after Romeyn's family, Grim would move the heavens themselves to exact revenge, but that was a train of thought he needn't explore at the moment.

Behind him, he sensed the captain, and she seemed a bit distressed. Striker had been holding her emotions at bay for a very long time, much longer than Grim would have imagined, and for that he had to give her credit. But now?

Taking a few steps, he walked over towards the captain and stood next to her for a moment, saying nothing, letting her get used to his presence. If she preferred to be alone, she would have gone to her quarters, that much he assumed, correctly he hoped. Grim looked out the viewport and marveled at the hyperspace tunnel. How wondrous was the force in all its myriad forms. Without turning his head, he addressed the captain in a soft voice.

"Is there anything I can do to help?"

Tag: Ktala, Bloodline, Liam, (Sarge)

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lana Vangress - {Striker}

She was aware that Grim had entered the galley, but she didnt look up. Not until she was sure she could control herself. She held both hands tightly around the cup of caffa, forcing herself to careful rebuild her mental wall, even as she wiped her eyes. She slowly blew out a long stream of air. She didnt want to look up, so she forced herself to stare into her mug.

"Is there anything I can do to help?"

Lana didnt look up from her cup for a long moment. She then turned, and looked towards Grim, her eyes looking tired, and red. She stared at him for another long moment before she spoke, her voice barely audible.

"Sure. Why not. Let's see where this gets me." Striker gave a short dry laugh. "My life has has been one long string of strange poodo, why shouldnt this be any different. Especially after what we have been through." Lana looked back at her cup. "Oakes called you a Jedi, Grim. Havent heard that term, except as whispered stories, told to waysider urchins, to make em feel good." Striker wanted to stop, but Lana was determined to press on, no matter what. "I want to know what that is. I want to know why I see things I shoudlnt.." Striker's voice wavered, but she pressed on. "I WANT to know.." she said slowly, as she stood, "Why 'I' could tell where you were before you came into the room." Lana willed her body still, as she looked up at Grim. " And I WANT .. to know why the fa'vevk you scare me, because you remind me of someone who was close to me....and .."

Lana turned her head. Some Captain. Should have poured her problems into the bottle. Thats what most would have done. Just get rid of the memory, before it drove her mad. But she couldnt ignore it. Coudlnt run from it. Didnt want to run from what she felt anymore.

Lana shook her head, tired. She slowly sank back into her seat, a took another sip of the hot liquid, but she barely felt it.

Tag: Grim, Bloodline, Liam (Sarge)

7. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

All he did was listen and feel, at least at first. He could feel Striker's emotions as she spoke. They washed over him like tidal waves and stung his eyes like salt water, but thankfully, he did not blink and remained steady, steadfast.

He sensed much pain within the captain, and was not surprised. This was the gift the Empire had imparted to the galaxy. Striker should have been living happily with her family, but since he encountered her alone and never speaking of such, he could guess a few things. Perhaps they had much more in common than even he suspected.

So he listened.

"Oakes called you a Jedi, Grim. Haven't heard that term, except as whispered stories, told to waysider urchins, to make em feel good." Striker's voice wavered, but she pressed on. He could tell how difficult this was fir her, though he didn't know why, he surmised he would find out in due time. "I want to know what that is. I want to know why I see things I shouldn't?I WANT to know?" she said slowly,"Why 'I' could tell where you were before you came into the room." The captain bravely stood her ground as she looked up at him. " And I WANT .. to know why the fa'vevk you scare me, because you remind me of someone who was close to me....and .."

Grim offered a small smile just as she turn her head. He was beginning to understand a few things now. Grim waited until he felt she'd calm down a bit. This was going to require a delicate hand, which was something he was not sure he could do, but in his mind, Striker deserved the truth. They all did. The Force was working in its mysterious way as it always did. That was no surprise. Grim coughed lightly into his hand, signaling that he was about to speak.

"I haven't been a Jedi in a very long time?" he admitted easily, hoping he was successful in concealing any hint of shame in his voice. "Not since I was about Kiyan's age more or less." Grim stifled a bitter chuckle. "Life as I knew it changed suddenly, as day became the longest night I've ever known?and I'm still waiting for morning."

Grim paused a moment and observed the Captain, not wanting to overwhelm with too much information and confuse her in the process. Seeing no adverse reaction, he continued. "I should have died with them, but I was spared for some reason. The life I knew was no more, so I had to change to fit in the new life I was given and do things I was not too proud of?But, the force kept me from falling into the abyss, for the Force is strong in me as it is in you."

Grim stopped.

There it was; he said it. He was sure that she would understand what he meant, at least concerning the very last part. Should Striker look at Grim now, she would find him nodding at her, his face serene. His expression would say it all:

Yes, you too have the Force.

Tag:Ktala, Liam, Bloodline

8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lana Vangress - (Striker)
    The Blye Mynock, Hyperspace, to Denon

Striker sat back down, staring at her cup. There. She said it. She felt stupid in a way, blubbering all this mess. But perhaps, after their experiences, she could afford to tell another soul. After all, they had all nearly died together on Geonisis. She held a near death grip on the mug, as she was concentrating on controling her breathing. She was NOT going to turn into a blubbering heap.

A small cough from Grim made her slowly turn to look at him. She was not sure she really wanted to hear what he had to say, but she knew that she needed to.

"I haven't been a Jedi in a very long time?" he admitted "Not since I was about Kiyan's age more or less." Grim stifled a bitter chuckle. "Life as I knew it changed suddenly, as day became the longest night I've ever known?and I'm still waiting for morning."

Striker gave Grim a blank stare as he paused. So...he HAD been a Jedi? What was he now then. She stayed quiet, willing to just simply listen to what he had to say.

"I should have died with them, but I was spared for some reason. The life I knew was no more, so I had to change to fit in the new life I was given and do things I was not too proud of?But, the force kept me from falling into the abyss, for the Force is strong in me as it is in you." Grim stopped.

'...'

Grim was nodding at her, his face serene.

'No..'

'NO!..'

She remembered how she had met Grim. He was starving. Bad shape. But it was the Empire that made him that way. Like it had made everything good dissapear.

Grim was always on watch. Always, looking. She was nothing like him. She didnt... She coudlnt do what he did. Could she?

'Pavi'

She suddenly pushed away her cup, and squeezed her eyes tightly. No..no.. Was that why...? Why? ..

Always moving. Always saying other than what you knew was true. Hiding, from being hunted. Looing for something. Someplace...

Suddenly, it was like a floodgate being opened. Memories, warm and vague, suddenly flooding accross her, as they flooded from a hidden reserve. She remembered! She remembered the magic sword. The tricks he used to do for her. Playing with her. Why did she not remember this before? Her parents faces, their laughter...their..

Lana's eyes went wide, she was no longer even looking at Grim now.

SHE REMEMBRED.

Being shoved hard. Falling, so very far. Blasters. The humm of a weapon..

Lana's head snapped up, as she saw Grim was looking at her. She tried to say something, but nothing would come out, her lips moved wordlessly. The cup shattered in her hands, but she didn't even notice it.

She stood up, and without a word, turned and went into her room. A few moments went by, before her door opened up once more. She held a small box. She walked over to Grim, still silent, as she opened the box, and slid it across the table for him to see, a questioning look on her face. Right now, her own mind was waring with itself. The box contained a old medallion, carefully wrapped up in a bit of old cloth. It was made from a old coin.

She carefully sat back down, staring at the table. So, she was... what he said. Did that mean she could learn more? Oh, this was so much to take in. But is she could learn to do what he did...

Poor Oakes! The thought just suddenly popped into her head. She started to laugh for a moment, before she finally could trust herself to look up at Grim. "Boy. I asked you to tell me a tale. You delivered."

She stared back at the table again, not sure what to say next.

Tag: GreyJedi, Liam, Bloodline

BWHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Blue Mynock, Hyperspace, detour to Denon

Grim felt the great range of emotions coursing through the captain and was glad that he had taken the cautious approach. Speaking of hurtful things was never easy and baring one's soul, even to those who were familiar, was a dicy endeavor. Be that as it may, Grim was glad that he had opened up to Striker, for it seemed they had more in common than either of them suspected.

Once she had regained control of her cascading emotions, the young captain had marched herself to her room. Grim was aware that she had not verbally revealed anything yet, but her expressions spoke volumes. Still, he patiently waited for her return, which was not long at all.

Striker brought with her a box, she opened it and placed it before him. Curious, Grim peered in and was astonished.

"Where did you get that?" he asked in surprise even as memories flooded in. He spoke his mind as he beheld the coin fashioned into a medallion. But this was just not any coin.

"I remember this from Jedi history class. This is a Corellian Jedi Credit." Grim actually chuckled at the irony of it all, as he never expected to see such a thing ever again.

"Boy. I asked you to tell me a tale. You delivered." Striker commented.

"I'm sorry that it affected you so?" he said as he reached for a cloth, then crouched down to wipe the spilled liquid from the floor, followed by him picking up the broken pieces of the captain's cup, which he gathered for disposal.

"I hope that was not your favourite cup." he said half-joking.

With a reassuring smile, he took a step closer to the captain. "Let's take a closer look at your hands. Let's hope there are no gashes." Grim commented calmly. For a second he thought about using the Force to heal any present wounds, but thought better of it. It was clear that the captain was still struggling with jedi-related issues, so it was best not to press things until more was revealed.

"If you're injured we should clean that up and maybe use a few bacta patches, don't you think?."

Grim gave her a little wink, just to set her at ease. If there was one thing he recalled, it was the peace and serenity he felt at the Jedi Temple before the Clone Wars. Now that he was older, in his darkest hours, such memories were the ones that had kept him from going over completely to the darkside; and right now, he was exceedingly glad for them.

Perhaps, just maybe, the time would come when he would share them openly.

Tag: Ktala, Bloodline, Liam

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lana Vangress - (Striker)
    The Blye Mynock, Hyperspace, to Denon

Lana sat down at the table once more, trying to decided if she was going to attempt to drown herself with her favorite bottle, or not. But they were close to Denon now, and she had to remain clear headed. But once they touched down, she would make no promises of staying that way.

Meanwhile, Grim had peered into the box she had brought back out, and now spoke. "Where did you get that?" he asked in surprise. "I remember this from Jedi history class. This is a Corellian Jedi Credit." Grim chuckled.

Lana repeated the words softly to herself. "A Corellian Jedi ..Credit?" She didnt know exactly what that meant, but the individual words spoke volumes. History class? Is that why Pavi had been so very insistent that she kept it hidden? She replied very softly, so that only Grim could hear her.

"It belonged to my father."

Striker grew quiet once more, as Grim continued to talk. "I'm sorry that it affected you so?" He moved around, working on moping up something, but Striker was not really paying attention. The item had brought up more questions. Not until Grim spoke up again. "I hope that was not your favourite cup." he said.

"UH..huh?..oh, no." She frowned slightly. When did she break the cup? Grim gave her a reassuring smile, he took a step closer to her. "Let's take a closer look at your hands. Let's hope there are no gashes."

"My hands?" Striker echoed softly, as she looked down, opening her hands. She saw a few small cuts and scrapes, but nothing serious. When did she do that?

"If you're injured we should clean that up and maybe use a few bacta patches, don't you think?." Grim gave her a little wink.

"No...Im alright." she stated as she pulled away her hands. She flexed them a few times. "It's just..... no, Im fine." Striker put her hands down. She quickly scooped up the tiny box, so she could hide it back in her quarters once more. She gave a snort. "It's just that its .. well, what I mean is.." Striker moved back, and rubbed her fingers through her hair, while trying to stay coherent. "It's a heck of a statement to make to somebody, you gotta admit." Striker closed her eyes for a moment.

"Being accused of being a Rebel is one thing..THIS however.." Striker gave a laugh. "Then again, if someone told me a few days ago, I would be running from the undead, I would have told em to check either their drink or their head..." Striker shook her head. "Course, if I had not stopped at Merson looking for work..." Striker gave Grim and long look, before shaking her head again. She walked over to her caffa machine once more, and very gingerly retrieved another cup. She poured herself another cup of the dark drink, and then very quickly drank it. Putting the cup down, she spoke once more.

"Im going up front. We should be arriving at Denon soon. I need... I need to fly for a bit, clear my head." She coughed softly. "Once Oakes checks on his family, we'll have time."

With that, Striker turned and headed for the ships controls. Once she sat down, she began to rub a finger alongside the box she had tucked away in her clothing.

If her dad was a Jedi...what did that make her? Was mom a Jedi too? Why coudlnt she remember certain things? It was frustrating. Life was so much easier when she was with the circus folks. They didnt ask questions, they just took her in, and cared for her. It was how she had found Daks. When she was simply a scout. With a deep sigh, Striker took the ship off of autopilot, and began to concentrate, ignoring her hands. It seemed to focus her, as she checked their coordinates. They would be reaching Denon in a few hours. It was a few hours she had to think.

-------
    Daks had played with Kiyan for abit, but every so often she would stop, and raise her ears for a moment, her eyes going wide. She disappeared for a few moments, before reappearing back, and playing with the kid once more. She kept Kiyan busy, and kept a careful eye on him, like a mother hen with a new chick. Later, sh

11. Bloodline

Bloodline Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2008
    IC:Kiyan Tsudo
    aboard the Blue Mynock

Kiyan nodded at Grim's question. "Yes, I'm from Tatooine. Been there as long as I can remember, I live with my nana and my dad. Never knew who my mom was, don't even know her name. Dad doesn't really like to talk about her..."

Kiyan moved his ankle gingerly in a circular motion in slight anticipation for pain. He was not sure excatly how Grim had fixed his ankle, but whatever techniques the man used had indeed worked. "WOW, t-t-thank you! it's better than ever!. How did you do that? can you teach me?" the child squeaked eagerly as he hopped to his feet.

Daks hissed with surprise and hopped to the floor and gazed with wide eyes at Kiyan almost to tell him to be careful. "Sorry Daks, but this is great! what else can you do?" he asked eagerly, his eyes scanning Grim for some sort of hidden indication.

He glanced to the seat where Oakes had last been present and noticed the man had already left, probably off to bed. Kiyan could not blame the man for being tired and wanting to be left alone, it seemed that he was going through an awful lot. Pulling himself from his thoughts, he shook his head slightly as Grim rose from his seat to also leave. "Adults, so confusing" the kid said under his breath.

The boy shrugged and turned his sights back to the empty space outside the hull and gazed out at the stars. Daks meowed and quietly returned to the lad's feet and sat beside him almost as if she was joining him. He reached down and picked the creature up and sat her on his shoulder. "See those?, I heard they are made of candy, some of the sweetest in the galaxy, but they are impossible to touch" he whispered in a story telling voice. Daks tilted her head as if to say 'yeah right kid'.

Meow.
    "What do you mean that's not true? of course it is"
    Meow.Meow.
    "Nonsense.I'm not impulsive at all. I wouldn't leave the ship just to see if it's true"

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker - (Lana Vangress)
    The Blue Mynock, Arriving at Denon

Thankfully, the rest of the trip to Denon was uneventful. Everyone seemed to have retreated to their own corner for some 'personal time.' Oakes, Striker mused had fallen asleep, for she had not seen him in awhile. Grim was off pondering. And the kid..?

Well, Daks had kept him QUITE busy, as even now he had relaxed, and was starting out the window, Daks keeping him company. Striker grinned. Daks had a way, that was for sure. The kid.. er.. Kiyan, would not get into trouble with HER on the job. It would be nice to hit planet fall. Some fresh supplies, some restocking... oh yes, and even get the kid looked at proper, to make sure no permanent problems were left behind. Yes, she was looking forward to a little fun. She checked the skies over Denon.

So far, it looked fairly calm. Hard to tell in such a huge city. No rioting at least. She looked at the traffic flow of the planet. Hmmm. No mass exodus, no Imp ships hovering about. Busy traffic, but nothing she coudln't handle. She began to strap into her seat, and then scanned the air for the homing beacons that would guide them in to a local port. She picked one not too big, but looked good. Plenty of spots to land, that was for sure. She placed her helmet on, lowering to goggles. Time to get to work. She got on the ships communications first.

"Hey guys. We're preparing to land at Denon. Busy place, so heads up."

She then spoke into her console, her voice slightly altered.

"Denon transport. Mynok requesting docking instruct."

Striker would take over afterwards, guiding the ship down to a soft landing in what looked like a rather comfortable docking bay area, after dancing through some traffic. Ah yes, she would definitely appreciate a bit of a rest, after all they had gone through lately. She also hoped that Oake's family was just fine, and that nobody had traced anything back to them.

TAG: greyjedi, Liam, Bloodline - SARGE!

13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Blue Mynock, Hyperspace, detour to Denon

Denon.The second Coruscant. Grim wondered how he'd feel upon beholding a world that would remind him so much of the planet he grew up in and couldn't return, not without risking capture and summary execution. The ex-jedi brushed the thought aside, choosing instead on focusing on the moment at hand. The warning light indicating they were about to enter real-space had flashed and roused him from his thoughts. It was time to prepare for their planetary arrival. The captain's announcement confirmed this.

"Hey guys. We're preparing to land at Denon. Busy place, so heads up."

Grim began to walk over to Oakes room and on his way, he made sure that Kiyan was well secured to his seat."No funny business while we're landing, ok?" Grim told the boy with an amused smile and mussed his hair as he passed. He noted that they would have to get the boy some proper clothes, but perhaps he could borrow one of Striker's nondescript looking suits. It would be better than his ragged slave attire.

Grim made a note to mention the issue to the captain while he wrapped on Romeyn's door.

"Hey, Romeyn! We're about to emerge on Denon. Secure yourself my friend, just in case it gets bumpy." Grim chuckled a bit, well aware that Romeyn was no fan of 'bumpy' rides. The ex-jedi did not move from his position until he got an answer from the brave farmer, and once he did he hurried back to his post at the nav-computer in the ship's cockpit. Finally strapping himself up to his chair, Grim gave the captain a curt salute and began processing in-planet navigational data.

"Denon transport. Mynok requesting docking instruct."

It wasn't long before the Mynock was guided to a suitable docking bay area. Grim took a moment to look out the viewport and take in the planet-wide urban sprawl. Memories of Coruscant were inevitable and so were the feelings accompanying those memories. This was going to be a bit more challenging than he'd originally anticipated, but a good way to stave off his thoughts was by focusing on the safety of his new found friends. This was supposed to be quick pit-stop anyway, just to re-supply and throw-off their scent should anyone be following, all before they headed to their true destination:Corellia.

What could possibly go wrong?

Tag: Ktala,Liam, Bloodline :p

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    The Blue Mynock, Main City Spaceport, Denon

Oakes, Daks and Kiyan were quiet. Only Grim had moved about some when she had announced that they were preparing to land.

Striker mused had fallen asleep, for she had not seen him in awhile. Grim was off pondering. And the kid..?

It didnt take long for Denon transport to quickly relay her the coordinates she needed to find the landing transmitters that she needed to follow down. It was a quick and efficient process, and soon the Mynock had settled down on a prime piece of landing pad. The traffic here was not as bad a Coruscant, but she would hate to have to dance through it, that was for sure.

She knew that everyone had things to do, but there was an order of business first. Kiyan.. that kid needed some new clothes and a doctor. Draging a half bloodied looking street urchin through town was NOT the kind of attention they needed.

Then the money. All she needed was a good bank in the area...should be a sinch here...and she could give them their creds...and they could do with them what they wanted. She needed supplies for the ship, and anything else... well, that they could deal with as it came. Right now, she was just happy to be on what was considered a NORMAL planet. She and Grim would have to talk later. There was so much to do. Oakes needed to check with his family. No telling what Grim needed to do.

Striker swung her legs around, standing up from the pilot's seat, streatching. She walked over to where the kid was.

"Look, Kiyan. We're here for a pit stop, and to check to make sure you're alright. But we can have you walking through the place looking like you were the looser in a knife fight." she said with a slight grin. She then pointed to the back, in the same directions Oakes dissapeared. "I got some spare clothing back there. We can buy you some in the city. But right now, change clothes to something less..uh.. bloody, if ya dont mind." She then looked over, giving Daks a quick pat. "And you make sure he stays out of trouble, yes?" Daks purred loudly, and licked her fingers. Striker gave a grin, before walking over to Grim. She felt a bit strange though. After their 'chat' she wasnt really sure of how she felt about anything at the moment. But Grim had not changed. Not like anything was his fault. She relaxed a bit, as she spoke.

"So, Grim. I got a few bits of business to take care of. You have anything you want to do while we're here? Right now, I rather we all stay together..at least till the cash is tilled. My head is still trying to ... sort it all out. But Im going to find myself a class hotel, that's for sure." Striker chuckled softly.

"I do hope Oakes doesnt have any trouble. Think Mynock is gonna get a paint job as well as a scan. Want to make sure nothing from our last encounters is hanging on." Striker added with a knowing look.

TAG: greyjedi, Liam, Bloodline - SARGE!

15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    The Blue Mynock, Main City Starport, Denon

Looking out the Mynock's front viewport, Grim sighed at the unending Denon cityscape. It reminded him so much of home. He half expected to see the Jedi Temple somewhere in the distance, but he quickly pushed those thoughts away. He was needed, here in the 'present'.

After hearing the captain instruct Kiyan to get into clean clothes, Grim turned to her and nodded, half smiling.

"I was going to suggest that?" he spoke with some amusement in his voice, "?like minds do think alike." he finished, giving her a wink, then added an after thought. "I think we should buy him several changes of clothes and get him into something decent before taking him to a doctor, preferably one that will ask no questions. As for me, I will need to buy a change of clothes as well and rent a modest room somewhere while we are on planet. I don't do classy hotels." Grim stated simply.

"And could I please borrow one of your dark tinted goggles? My eyes are a give away, and I rather not have anyone see them."

Grim didn't really want to get into the fact that he was still 'wanted', and staying on any planet was risky for the ex-jedi. The Force seemed to have something in mind for him however, and he would follow its lead.

"At some point I'd like to listen-in on the holo-news as well as other less public channels, just to check things out." He informed, then continued. " Once we get the kid cleaned up, we should see about Romyen and his needs-but first, we'll need to make the 'exchange'." He gave her a nod, in reference to the credits.

"Besides, I'd like to go give you my half for the paint job and ship's supplies." Grim smiled at that, hoping it was a nice surprise. As far as he was concerned, it was the least he could do for everything Striker had done for him so far. If it wasn't for her, he'd still be stuck on Merson. Grim's smile slowly softened, then eventually faded as his eyes wandered and looked around them, for the ex-jedi took a moment to stretch out with his force senses-feeling and listening for anything that shouldn't be there. Scanning for danger was a practice that had saved his life countless times, and he was not about to stop for any given reason.

"So, I'm ready whenever the crew is." Grim looked at Striker and gave her a reassuring nod. He knew she had a lot on her mind, but she was definitely holding up. Her father would have been proud.

"?.And lets not forget to promise the dock-hand a little extra to keep an eye on the ship." he stated jovially. Extra eyes and extra info always came at a price. This time around, they could afford it without incident.

As they now waited for the rest of the crew, Grim took a seat and closed his eyes, meditating. There was still so much happening all around them and their path, at least a s a crew, was not completely clear. He just needed a greater sense of direction if they were to avoid unnecessary pitfalls.

"I'm still listening, if you wish to say something." Grim informed, eyes still closed.

Tag: Ktala, Liam, Bloodline

( I hope others plan on posting. Pretty Please! [face_praying] )

16. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Romeyn Oakes
    Denon

The thunk of the Blue Mynock's landing skids hitting the hard frame of the landing pad on Denon jolted Oakes awake from his slumber. Groggily, Oakes rubbed the sleepers out of his eyes and threw on his clothes, desperately in need of the local laundromat, and trudged out of his cramped bunk in the rear of the Skipray Blastboat that had been his home for quite some time now.

Need to make contact with the family Oakes thought as he slung his blaster carbine over his head and double-checked the monetary figures rolling around in his head.

Approaching the exit, Romeyn poked his head into the cockpit and said, "Just going to get some fresh air. Tired of breathing this recycled stuff."

Emerging from the crowded confines of the Mynock, Romeyn took a look around. It was a hangar like so many others the galaxy had decided to share with the rancher from Roon. Utility equipment rolled around, servicing this craft and that one and a few spacers walked amongst their ship to supervise the work. Other than that, however, the hangar was quiet.

Fishing around in his pocket, Oakes pulled out a tiny comlink and headed off to a more quiet area of the hangar to establish a long distance communication with his family.

"Connection established," the comlink's robotic voice chirped.

"Mom, Dad? You there?"

Silence.

"Guys, it's Romeyn, I'm on Denon and--"

"Romeyn? Maker above, where have you been son?" That was his father.

"Traveling the galaxy, Dad! Sold the nerf herd on Alderaan for a good price. Had to leave the ship behind--"

"Leave the Ruby Peak behind? Why!"

"Ran into some computer trouble. Say, Pops, you ever notice an illegal cargo manifest of military grade weaponry?"

A pause.

"No, son. Never."

"Romeyn? My sweetie, is that you?" That was his mother.

"I'm fine, Mom. Really, I am. Look, is everything okay on the farm?"

"Well, son, we've had a few nasty scrapes with those rustlers again. You know the ones, they come in from the mountains," his father began.

"Just rustlers? That's it? What about those hands I told you guys to hire, they work out for you?"

"You know those hands aren't as reliable as they used to be. Hell, son, I ain't got you around to keep this place running as efficiently as it used to, when you coming home?"

"Dad, look, I want you to be careful around those rustlers okay? Don't you be trying to scare them off yourself. If you're in a dangerous situation just let the nerfs go and call the local sheriff."

"Somebody's talked some sense into you, Romeyn. You've grown up," his father admitted.

"Living large in the galaxy has a way of doing that to you, Pops."

"Well, son, I love you. Have to go collect the grass that's just been cut."

"Love you too, Dad."

Click.

"Romeyn, there's something else. Your father doesn't want to admit it but we're having trouble paying the bills back home. Bad crop year coupled with a high demand in the capital, I'm not sure if we can make ends meet this year. There's talk of selling the farm and getting what little we can from the property. I," his mother stopped, her voice seemed to seize up, "I don't want to lose this place, Romeyn."

"Didn't you get the money I wired you from the nerf sale?"

"We did but that was only enough to feed the existing herd. Weather has really taken a toll on the prairie, we're not able to graze the nerfs like we used to."

"Well, look, Ma, I've got some money in my travels. Lots of it. I can send it to you for safe keeping. Should help tide things over until I get back," Oakes offered.

"Maker bless you, Romeyn. Always thinking of others. Been that way since you were a little boy."

"Send it to you as soon as I can," Oakes said.

"When you coming home?"

Oakes paused. Felt his throat tighten the old sadness returning.

"Soon, Ma. I'm coming home soon."

The transmission cut out leaving Romeyn staring at his comlink in quiet contemplation.

"Hey, you Romeyn Oakes?" A gruff voice behind Romeyn asked.

Turning slowly, Oakes found a group of eight mercenaries, three Duros, two

17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    The Blue Mynock, Main City Starport, Denon

Grim had been awaiting a response from Striker concerning their conversation when he simply turned his head towards the cockpit door just in time to see Romeyn poke his head in and say, "Just going to get some fresh air. Tired of breathing this recycled stuff."

Grim smiled at his friend and gave him a languid salute. "By all means Romeyn, get as much as you can manage." he said in an agreeable manner. It wasn't hard to notice the purpose in Romeyn's stride as he disembarked the Mynock. Grim watched him silently as he placed himself at the doors threshold, and watched the brave farmer depart. The ex-jedi could sense his fried's anxiety, his worry, but there was little he could do to allay his fears, that was something Oakes had to resolve on his own, but Grim had every confidence that the man he now called friend could handle himself.

Turning back to the Captain, Grim met her eyes and cocked his head to one side as if to say, 'well?'

It was an unusually light-hearted moment for the ex-jedi.

Little did they know of what was happening outside, for there was nothing to be alarmed of at first. Oakes was merely making contact with his family and getting the latest on current events, until he was rudely interrupted.

Romeyn's transmission cut out leaving him staring at his comlink in quiet contemplation.

"Hey, you Romeyn Oakes?" A gruff voice behind him asked.

Turning slowly, Oakes found a group of eight mercenaries staring back at him, ten meters away.

"Yeah."

"I believe this belongs to you, boy," the leader, a Dug, replied with a sinister smile as he pointed a blaster at Romeyn, and fired.

Inside the Mynock, right before the incident, Grim had frowned. He'd sensed a sudden disturbance, but alas, the origin was not made clear until the shot was fired. The sound of the blaster shot made him snap his head in its direction.

"Romeyn!!" Grim exclaimed suddenly. He gave a look to the Captain. "He's in trouble?" he said, trying to control his sudden on-rush of emotion. It was happening again, but this time, things didn't have to end the same way. Turning to Kiyan, he said in no uncertain terms: "Stay here and do NOT leave the ship. That's an order." And without wasting another moment, Grim was out the ship's ramp, using his force enhanced speed so no one would see him exit the ship.

The ex-jedi quickly found a create to hide behind and moved as close to Romeyn's location as he dared without attracting any attention to himself. He closed his eyes for a brief second and stretched out with the force. He silently sighed with relief when he felt that Romeyn was hurt, but still alive. He also sensed eight other beings slowly closing on his friend. This of course, infuriated him, but he could not allow that emotion to blind him. They were now on a hi-population planet and he couldn't just jump in brandishing a lightsaber, that would be the most foolish thing he could do right now. Thankfully, that was not the only trick he had up his sleeve, but he had to act quickly. He had no idea what these thugs wanted or why they had shot Oakes, or how did they even find him so quickly, where they being tracked? All questions for later. If they wanted to capture the farmer or execute him, he could not allow either act to take place.

Crouching as low as he could, Grim peered around the bottom corner of the crate he hid behind, visually located the rear-most thug, and while everyone's attention was on his friend, the ex-jedi made a jerking motion and pulled one of the duros backwards as hard as he could and sent him crashing to the other end of the hangar. Grim was sure to use the force to call the humanoid's weapon to himself even as he flew past him, and made sure that the Duro's impact against the far wall was more than sufficient to knock him out cold twice over.

One down, seven to go.

Grim hid himself once again and waited for reactions as he quickly checked the weapon he'd just acquired. In the Force he sensed for greater detail of what he

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    The Blue Mynock, Main City Spaceport, Denon

"So, Grim. I got a few bits of business to take care of. You have anything you want to do while we're here? Right now, I rather we all stay together..at least till the cash is tilled. My head is still trying to ... sort it all out. But Im going to find myself a class hotel, that's for sure." Striker chuckled softly.

"I do hope Oakes doesnt have any trouble. Think Mynock is gonna get a paint job as well as a scan. Want to make sure nothing from our last encounters is hanging on." Striker added with a knowing look.

Grim agreed with her assessment of the Kid. Kiyan needed some clothing, and quickly. "I think we should buy him several changes of clothes and get him into something decent before taking him to a doctor, preferably one that will ask no questions. As for me, I will need to buy a change of clothes as well and rent a modest room somewhere while we are on planet. I don't do classy hotels." Grim stated. Striker nodded. "Well, normally I dont. But you're right. No need to advertise that we got cash. I'll just be happy for a nice quiet meal.

"And could I please borrow one of your dark tinted goggles? My eyes are a give away, and I rather not have anyone see them." She looked over at him curious. She didnt think his eyes were all that unusual, but she nodded, and reached over on a wall hook, plucking one of the goggles, and handing them to him. "No problem."

Grim continued.. "At some point I'd like to listen-in on the holo-news as well as other less public channels, just to check things out." He informed, then continued. "Once we get the kid cleaned up, we should see about Romyen and his needs-but first, we'll need to make the 'exchange'." He gave her a nod.

"I agree. Besides, Id hate to hear we suddenly became popular for some reason..." she added with a nod.

"Besides, I'd like to go give you my half for the paint job and ship's supplies." Grim stated, smiling. Striker's head whipped up in shock, her eyes wide. She was totally not prepared for that! The man had been starving, living in the slums of Merson... You would think he would want to keep his creds. She could only move her mouth, before she simply smiled and nodded.

"So, I'm ready whenever the crew is." Grim looked at Striker and gave her a reassuring nod. "?.And lets not forget to promise the dock-hand a little extra to keep an eye on the ship." he stated jovially.

"Yes. I'll be turning on the security system again. Would hate to have to clean up a mess..." she stated with a smirk.

Oakes came stumbling out from the back, sounding very sleepy. Romeyn poked his head into the cockpit and said, "Just going to get some fresh air. Tired of breathing this recycled stuff." Oakes headed out before Striker could tell him to wait. She wanted them all to go together....but he was a grown man, and a hired hand. She sighed, as she watched him go outside. He probably wanted to talk to his folks alone. Coudlnt blame him.
    Striker kept an eye on him from one of the ports, as she continued to speak with Grim. Grim smiled at Oakes and gave him a languid salute. "By all means Romeyn, get as much as you can manage." he said in an agreeable manner. Turning back to Striker, Grim met her eyes and cocked his head to one side as if to say, 'well?'

"You know...you're going to spoil me here..." she chuckled softly, as she gathered her items. Still...she kept looking out though. Funny thing about spaceports. Dont care how busy a place it is, its kinda hard NOT to notice a group of folks walking up. Especially such a 'gorgeous' group as these guys were. Striker flicked her own goggles down, as she put her helmet on. She could see them talking to Oakes. Maybe trying to strip a few creds from him...but, they dress suggested otherwise. She didnt need another crew. Not with these frakas.

Striker turned to grab her slug thrower. Just in case. She noticed Grim frowning. Before she could ask what was wrong, they he

19. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Denon-Public Hangar

A flash of light and then searing, unforgettable pain. The floor of the hangar rose up to meet Romeyn's face as he spun around from the impact of the blaster bolt and collapsed in a heap of suffering.

He struggled to move. Struggled to make his mind work. Struggled to fight the pain. His right side, his gun hand, was not working properly. Something was very wrong.

Opening his eyes, Oakes was staring at the floor, the sounds of a firefight growing dim. I need to figure out why I can't move. Why is my right side not responding. I can't be hit, can I? Oakes wondered as he rolled onto his back and cautiously felt around the right shoulder area. A stabbing pain flew through his nerves as his fingers sunk into something deep and hot. Pulling his fingers back to examine them, Oakes saw that they were charred, black, and crusted over with dried blood.

"Sithspit, they really got me. They've really got me now," Oakes moaned in protest as he probed once more at the wound.

The blaster bolt had just grazed his right lung and gone straight out the back. Fortunately for Romeyn, the Dug hadn't been the most accurate shot in the galaxy. Or maybe it was intentional. Maybe it was his turn to suffer for some past crime that Oakes never knew he committed.

Vaguely, Romeyn was aware that someone was yelling into a comlink. Someone close. The voice of a friend? Oakes wondered.

The sounds of the firefight grew louder. Romeyn was suddenly more aware of his surroundings and of the location of his blaster carbine. His left hand reached out to grab the weapon, clutching it tightly, checking to make sure that it was ready to use. It was. A shadow fell over him. One of the Duro, business end of the blaster pistol pointed at Oakes.

"You'll fetch a handsome price, Mr. Oakes."

"Dead or alive?" Oakes asked as he clutched his carbine with his left hand.

"Dead, of course," the Duro replied.

"Fine by me," Oakes grimaced as he pulled the trigger and obliterated the Duro in front of him. A crimson mist spread out onto Oakes face as the torso of the Duro separated from the legs and flew across the room.

Panting, the effort to kill the Duro sapping what little strength he had left, Oakes glanced around for any nearby threats and seeing none, began to drag himself to a nearby crate.

Reaching the crate, Romeyn looked over and saw a familiar face. "Hello, Grim," Oakes choked out weakly, the back of his head resting against the crate.

"Seems I brought more trouble with me then I anticipated. I'm so sorry," Romeyn grunted as his eyes started to grow weary.

Tag: Ktala, Grey, Bloodline, Sarge

20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Main City Starport, Denon

A barrage of shots came from behind the ex-jedi and he was relieved that the captain had been in synch with his actions as she lay-down some cover fire. Naturally, the thugs that were in the open were startled at the unexpected attack and quickly moved to take cover themselves.

"Thanks Cap'n." he said quickly into his com.

Grim shook his head. These thugs were brazen and acted like amateurs, but they were still dangerous. Peering once again over the lower corner, the ex-jedi peeked out just in time to see Duro get blasted in his mid-section with such force that the blast separated his torso from his lower half. It appeared the Duro had cornered Romeyn and had payed the ultimate price for his mistake. Grim winced reflexively, not at the act, as he was used to seeing such scenes, but at the sudden death in the Force, which he felt quite clearly at such proximity. THAT was something he could never get used to.

Shrugging off the momentary discomfort, Grim exploited the distraction and quickly moved forward to the next set of crates. He was still crouched as he took quick stock of the situation. Two thugs down and Six to go. There was another exchange of shots as it appeared that the other thugs were shooting blind in the direction from which the captain was shooting. Their aim was terrible. They weren't even close to her position. Seeing that Striker was in no immediate danger, Grim peered around the crate once again, fully expecting to see Oakes where he had glimpsed him, but the farmer wasn't there.

"Where'd he??"

As if in answer to his question, a tingling sensation made him turn back, just in time to see Oakes coming to rest against the crate he'd been hiding behind.

"Hello, Grim." Oakes choked out weakly.

"Romeyn!"

Grim took a quick look at his friend and saw that he was seriously wounded. How did those thugs find them so quickly? There just wasn't time for questions. Without wasting another second, Grim began to execute an extraction plan.

"Captain, I have the farmboy. We'll be returning to the 'nest' from the farside. Keep those perps pinned down as best you can. Copy?"

Grim noticed that Romeyn had dragged himself over to his location and his passing was not quite without tracks. Red streaks from his bloodied hand mark the floor.

The ex-jedi fell on the floor face first and got into a position that looked as if he were about to do push ups. "Get on my back quick and hold on as best you can, I have to get you out of here." With his right hand, Grim helped the wounded farmer to lay atop him and bid him grab on with his good arm, which was Romeyn's left.

"This will seem a bit of a strange ride, but is the quickest way to get you to the Mynock safely."

Grim rose up a bit and looked more like a crab, or frog carrying his friend on his back. The Jedi reached out with the force and visually scanned the area. His aim was to travel a path shielded by crates while avoiding fire from their armed assailants. It also helped that they weren't spotted yet. "Keep your head down." He instructed. And without saying another word, Grim began to gallop on all fours, using the force to speed him along as he sought the quickest and safest rout back to the safety of the Mynock. The Ex-Jedi was well aware that the captain had likely armed the skypray's anti-personnel security, in fact, he was counting on it.

"Hang on, Oakes. We're almost home. You'll be fine my friend?you'll be fine."

Oh, how much it was costing him to stay focused. The temptation to simply drop his friend and slay the intruders was there, but it was not strong enough to make him betray his friend's safety and well-being. He needed to be a 'protector' now, not an 'avenger', though he had forged himself to be one all these years. It was increasingly clear that that path was fading and a new one was taking its place. No, don't think about it now, get Romeyn to safety, protect Striker and Kiyan.

Grim focused on his new family and bounded forth with all his might, yet being ca

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker

Striker watched with a bit of satisfaction, as the thugs who attacked Oakes went running for cover. In her comm, she heard Grim thank her for the cover fire.
    These guys didnt look like professionals. So, was there a contract? Still...

Other thoughts evaporated as quicklky as the Duro who suddenly got blasted in his mid-section, seeing him fly apart. Striker gave a jerk, as she frowned. She then began a growl. She was pretty sure that was Oakes carbine she had heard. He wasnt dead, thank goodness! She moved her weapon, and adjusted it slightly. Her slug thrower could put more out there than simple slugs. But she had to be careful of Grim and Oakes.

Striker slid the bolt in her weapon forward. She was not about to let this escalate. But before she could start shooting, her comlink went off again, as she adjusted her goggles and hat.

"Captain, I have the farmboy. We'll be returning to the 'nest' from the farside. Keep those perps pinned down as best you can. Copy?"

"You got it!" Striker replied, as she aimed her weapon once more. She gave an almost feral smile. Once Grim and Oakes began to move, she could use something more efficient.

Striker watched through her scopes to she saw and 'felt' Grim move. She wasnt consciously aware of it...she just knew it. She then flicked a switch, and moved to automatic, and let her slug thrower sing. After a few seconds of shots, she let loose with a flash bang grenade....

That should keep the jerks busy.

And if any got too close to her ship...well, that will be a mistake they will not get a chance to repeat. Striker now moved to keep a sharp eye out near her ship, in case someone tried to come in from behind her. Her sensors and anti-personnel systems armed and ready.

She did hope one stayed alive long enough to find out who or what was going on. But she had a nasty idea where she could found out. She snorted. Some things just stayed the same, no mater the planet.

Tag: Liam, greyjedi, Bloodline

22. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Denon-Main City Starport

"This will seem a bit of a strange ride, but is the quickest way to get you to the Mynock safely."

Halfway in and out of consciousness, Romeyn could only grunt. The pain really starting to affect his judgment. Oakes hardly even realized he had slipped onto Grim's back as they traversed the hangar toward the safety of the Blue Mynock

A loud bang erupted behind the rancher. Cries flew out from behind the awkward crawling couple. Oakes shakily glanced back, saw several mercenaries clutching their eyes, a few holding their ears tightly.

Wonder what's gotten into them? Oakes thought.

"Having a hard time here," Oakes moaned as another ripple of pain approached.

"Hang on, Oakes. We're almost home. You'll be fine my friend?you'll be fine."

Squinting through the closing darkness at the corners of his eyes, Oakes saw the Skipray Blastboat rush to greet him.

Maybe I'll be safe. Maybe I'll make it out of this mess. I just want to see my home again. Is that so much to ask? Wondered Oakes as he began to become more aware of his surroundings, his friends, and most importantly, the pain roaring through his body.

"Somebody get me a med-kit," Oakes grumbled.

Tag: Grey, Ktala, (Bloodline)

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker - (Lana)

Striker gave a sigh as she saw Grim running like mad, back towards the ship with Oakes on his back. She also noted the gang of thugs moving back, as her flash banger drew them back. With Grim and Oakes free and clear, Striker opened up with her rifle once more, driving the others back. As soon as the others were inside, she quickly closed and locked the door, the guns on the ship spun and locked to the rampway to the ship.

"Somebody get me a med-kit," she heard Oakes grumble as he was brought in. Thank goodness! That meant he was still alive, and doing much better than she thought he was. Striker would let Grim handle it, since he knew where the med area was, having used it on the kid. She was NOT going to waste time, dealing with some jerks trying to regroup. She killed her transmitter, as she did a emergency start engines, and blasted out of the spaceport as fast as the Blue Mynock could go. She only made sure that the air above her was clear, and she moved, seemingly to exit the planet's atmosphere. But she had no intentions of leaving. She was just not using THAT spaceport. After all, this was a busy city planet. She wove the Mynock thru the tall spires of the city, daring any to follow her path. She then flicked on her holovid in irritation.

She start scanning the channels, looking for the bounty hunters hits. She had run with them before in her past, and knew what to look for. She wanted to check and see if there was a bounty on Oakes...or any of them for that matter. Their should not be one on her..she had been staying rather quite lately. Well, at least till she found this crew. But she was not taking any chances.

Striker this time looked up a landing pad, with a medical unit nearby. As she flew the ship, she hit the transmission button, to the comlink in the medical area.

"Grim! Scan Oakes good. And ask him what happened!" She told him, as she looked for another landing area, this time something a tad more quiet. As she flew, she continued her scan on the channels. Anyone looking for a quick payday... she would find it. But what was more disturbing was how. If there WAS something on Oakes...HOW did they know where he was? Or even WHO he was?

Striker was going to find out.

Tag: Liam, Grey, (Bloodline)

24. Bloodline

Bloodline Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2008
    OOC: Posting today

25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Aboard the Blue Mynok, Denon

It would be a lie to say that he was vaguely aware that the ship was already airborn, but it would seem that way just by looking.

"Keep still!" Grim ordered half-jokingly as he treated Romeyn's newest wound. Thankfully the shot had also cauterized the wound, but the farmer would still need to be seen by a professional doctor. There was only so much an ex-jedi could do. So after cleaning the wound and applying a bacta patch, Grim closed his eyes for a moment and called upon the currents of the force.

"Don't be alarmed." He instructed in a calm voice. Oakes was a very healthy and strong individual, so stimulating his natural mending process seemed only natural. While Grim sought a stronger connection between himself, the farmer and the force, he also induced a sense of calm. He centered his mind and put away the many questions that roiled inside his brain in favor of a sense of relief and the security of friends and family. After establishing a deeper connection with his friend, Grim allowed the force to flow between them as the hand he placed over the patch covered wound glowed ever so softly as healing energy was transmitted.

Grim could feel Romeyn's surprise, but he only smiled and said nothing, that is, until he heard Striker call out all the way from the ship's cockpit, concern clearly apparent in her voice.

"Grim! Scan Oakes good. And ask him what happened!" she urged.

The ex-jedi let out a soft sigh. He knew what she meant by scan. After a moment, he pulled back his hand and opened his eyes, then smiled weakly.

"Well, you heard the captain. What happened out there? Don't worry, I'm listening."

With that, Grim turned away and looked through some of the equipment stored nearby until he found what he was looking for; a portable scanner. Quite casually as he listened to his friend, the ex-jedi made sweeping motions all over the farmer in order to cover 100% of his surface area. If there was anything planted in Romeyn's clothing or even within Romeyn himself, they would find it.

And then, another thought entered his mind.

The kid.

To his credit, Grim was able to keep his face from showing any surprise at that sudden thought and simply continued to scan and listen. After he finished with Romeyn, Grim made a mental note to follow that lead and see about scanning Kiyan.

In fact, it would probably be best if they were all scanned, crew and ship, he mused inwardly.

Tag: Ktala, Liam, Bloodline

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.