main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary 9th Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MuttandSolo, Aug 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    How about a picinic at Sandy Point Park?

2. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    orangerful, thanks for the help. :)

sithspawn, that may work. Hopefully weather will comply with our plans. That's a problem with outside meets.

I think we should still consider mall meets because they offer a food court and stores that we can shop at after eating.

But we have been talking about a picnic for a long time and it does sound like fun.

3. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    Malls are good. It was just a thought. Besides, I'm a Northern Yankee. I hate heat anyway.

4. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    It was a great idea sithspawn. I just wanted to throw out other options. Basically, since the meetings no longer have business to discuss, malls provide stores that we can shop at after trading figures, and discussion.

5. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    Heck, Anything is good with me. I'm just SO happy to get off this darn peninsula. I ALWAYS make a day of it anyway.

6. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Hey, Mom-mothma and Son came up with the idea awhile back of going to that Ale House place (or something like that); is that still a possibility? Is there anything else around there as well, i.e. mall, movie theatre, shopping??? It is something new and different.

7. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear Members of the Council:
    So far the day is good for the meeting (28th). For the place I don't mind either out or inside.
    I'll be waiting for a response.
    Alos, I got the PIC's back. They are good... but not THAT good. I'll try to use the Earth's Scanning Technology, since my Graphic-Holoprojector unit broke, to send a copy to you. Be patient.

"Patience is a virtueee!!" Rachel Welzs In the Mummy.

"Patience, young Padawan. Patience."

May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    MARYLAND FAN FORCE COUNCIL FORUM
    CALIFORNIA MD

8. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    RETORTS:

"Not right now, it isn't!" Brenden Frazer's character in "The Mummy"

9. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    I think if we keep an eye on the weather a picnic would be a lot of fun. I'd prefer to not be able to spend money after the meeting because I always do hahaha.

I was just looking at weather.com and for our area the weather looks like sun sun sun for the next week. If we just keep tabs on it we could make plans for Sandy Point or something like that, and if it turns sour we can use the Mall as a back up plan.

does that sound plausible or just asking for trouble?

10. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Is there any shading in this park? A well-shaded area of the park would be ideal for all. As long as the weather doesn't turn into a barbecue, as opposed to the event being a barbecue, I'm all for it!

11. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I still want ot do a laser tag party one day with you guys/gals. Any way we can set this up anytime soon?????

12. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I would love to do Laser Tag too.

13. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Can you guys/gals get it together for once? When/where are we meeting?

14. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well unless we need special permits to the Park, I'd say meeting at Sandy Point Park. Now all we need is to coordinate rationing of food.

Someone will have to post directions for me as I don't know where it is. Someone does need to check that we do not need a picnic permit or some type of permit to grill. Who knows this info about the park.

So a 1:30pm meeting time sound good? And we will move the meeting to the nearby mall in case of inclement (sp?) weather. How's that for decision-making skills? :D

15. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    That is our illustrious, but shaved and trimmed Mutt. :D Could always count on a flight engineer to solve problems!

16. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    So the meeting is at Sandy Point Park, but when as in what date? Also, where exactly in Sandy Point Park?

M.M.

17. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    Sandy Point Park is RIGHT BESIDE the Bay Bridge (on your side)

It seems that MANY have questions about where to have the next meet. Maybe we should consider a poll?

18. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    I thought the 28th was pretty much good for everyone?

Okay, we have the place, we have the time, are we agreed on the date?

As it stands now, and it is starting to become final: Saturday, September 28th, 1:30pm at Sandy Point Park. Bring food, toys, frisbees, footballs, soccer balls, etc..

We still need someone to call the park and make sure we can have barbecue there. Once that is finalized, we can work on the food list.

19. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    How do we find one another in the park? Isn't it pretty big? :confused: and what do we do if it rains?

20. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, according to Sithspawn the park is right on the bay on the western shore side so if I'm correct the nearest mall would be Annapolis. Its already been stated that if rain occurs then we would adjourn to the nearest mall.

You do have a point, Isbeth, we do need some kind of meeting spot. Unfortunately, I've never been to this park, so I know nothing about it or even begin to describe a meeting location.

Somebody who knows this park at ALL needs to start posting suggestions and research the barbecue grilling rules there. Is there anybody out there? ?[face_plain]

This idea will be cancelled if we don't have the info necessary to make this happen.

21. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    Sandy Point Park is pretty big. Are their any pavillions in the park? If there are we should try and get one. I've never been to the park, although I do know where it is.

M.M.

22. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Hey all! I'm gonna try to make it to this meeting, not sure though yet. I've been to the park once, but it was about a year ago. It's fairly large, and I'm not sure about barbequeing....but as for where to meet, maybe the boat ramp area?

23. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Has no one ever been to Sandy Point?

24. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Um....see previous post...

25. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, thanks for your input Aragorn. We just need someone who knows more about the park to step forward and voice their knowledge so that we can have a successful gathering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.