main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

-_____2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread_____-

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Evil_X_13, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evil_X_13

Evil_X_13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2008
    Talk about the 2008 NHL Playoffs in here.

1st Round Games:

2. Ottawa(Senators) VS Pittsburgh(Penguins)

3. Colorado(Avalanche) VS Minnesota(Wild)

4. Calgary(Flames) VS San Jose(Sharks)

5. Boston(Bruins) VS Montreal(Canadiens)

6. Detroit(Redwings) VS Nashville(Predators)

7. Aneheim(Ducks) VS Dallas(Stars)

8. Washington(Capitols) VS Philedalphia(Flyers)

9. New York(Rangers) VS New Jersey(Devils)

11. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    Lets Go Flyers!!!

12. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Good job. :p

13. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    No surprises so far tonight I guess, but I really thought Ottawa would circle the wagons and come out with a good effort. Maybe they are as gutless as the pundits are saying.

I expect the Ducks to role and am picking a Ducks vs Canadians Final. Go Teemu!!!

14. Evil_X_13

Apr 8, 2008
    Ooopsy lol. I'll have someone on the staff to edit it.

15. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I think it has more to do with a lack of a healthy captain than it is a lack of gut. If Alfredsson wasn't injured I might've actually picked the Sens.

16. Evil_X_13

Apr 8, 2008
    Sharks and Flames are going at it tonight and Flames are winning 3-1.
    Edit: Flames win 3-2.:_|

17. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2006
    Shoot, San Jose has to get their game up to par. They played way too relaxed tonight... Let's go Sharks!!!

18. Evil_X_13

Apr 8, 2008
    Yes totally agree. They were playing like it was a regular season game. WTH SHARKS!

19. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yay! The Avs won!

20. darthdrago

darthdrago Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2003
    I too was bummed by SJ's 3-2 loss to Calgary.

Will we be able to use team logos for avatars during the playoffs this year???

21. DurronFan

DurronFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    Go Flames!!! Beat those Sharks! I want my Flames to go to Calgary with a 2-0 lead. [face_mischief]

22. Evil_X_13

Apr 8, 2008
    Im going tot he game tonight[face_dancing] . Come on boys!

23. USTommie

USTommie Jedi Master star 2

Sep 12, 2002
    As a Wild fan, I was very disappointed to see them lose at home last night. Theodore played out of his mind, so the majority of the credit should go to him. I still think the Wild can win in six games, but with/if Skoula is out, that means we will be down three defensemen. Excuses are like a-holes, but it's too bad the Wild can't give it their best shot. As many Avs fans will point out, the Avs were able to make the playoffs despite missing their top guns for a large chunk of the season, but missing them during the playoffs is a different thing entirely.

As a hockey fan, that was still a fantastic game! I couldn't believe the Avs got a penalty shot and that Backstrom stopped it! Had Boogaard scored in his point blank opportunity, the Xcel would've gone nuts!!! I can't wait for tomorrow night!

I hope Parrish is okay. The refs were letting almost everything go, but that check didn't seem dirty to me. I saw a lot worse on both sides. Forsberg is still a pansy though, but Sakic scares me every time he's on the ice.

24. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2006
    Did you say something? :D Tonight was much better.

25. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    lol. Funny thing happened today. I was watching pieces of the Flames/Sharks game and during the last 5 minutes of the third, Nolan shoots at the empty side of the net to the left of Nabokov and scores. I thought to myself, "The Flames just might come back now". The phone rang so I had to quickly go answer it. I came back and saw the replay. OMG!!!!! Nabokov actually made the save on that open net shot. I was in disbelief. Nabokov robbed Nolan point blank.

Habs/Bruins game was simply amazing. The Habs scored two early goals (Kostitsyn brothers) and dominated pretty much the entire game. The speed and skill of the Habs was very evident on the ice. The Habs took care of Chara pretty well. I love when he gets hit. I think the Bruins were a bit intimidated and nervous. Price did great for a 20 year old rookie goaltender, playing in his 1st playoff match in front of an electrifying Habs crowd.

Carey Price: "It was really loud out there, as usual," the 20-year-old rookie said. "You could hardly hear yourself think and you almost don't have enough time to be nervous."

Game 2 Saturday. Go Habs Go!!! :)

26. DurronFan

Jul 25, 2005
    [face_frustrated]

although I gotta give Nabby credit for making one hell of a save.

Still, Flames have home ice advantage now. We'll see how the Sharks survive in Alberta, in the Saddledome.[face_devil]

27. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    That Sharks game was actually pretty good. Although it took them a while to get going; they had generated some pretty decent chances and what a save by Nabakov. He's quickly becoming my second favorite goalie.

Now onto more important matters....:p

LETS GO DEVILS!!

28. DurronFan

Jul 25, 2005
    Devils won't win. Brodeur has to be huge in order for NJ to have a chance.

29. Evil_X_13

Apr 8, 2008
    That game so was soo fun. Very wild crowd! This is my 12th playoff game ive been to and the crowd was so wild you colndt here what the person next to you was saying.

NABBY NABBY NABY. Nice save Nabster!

3 Stars:
    3.Mitchell(SJ)
    2.Kippursof(Calgary)
    3.Nabokov(SJ)

30. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    Freakin' Flyers suck.

31. Evil_X_13

Apr 8, 2008
    They losing:p

32. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Well Ottawa played much better tonight but still came up just short. Maybe they can make this a series yet......

33. Evil_X_13

Apr 8, 2008
    Did anyone see Wane Redden fight Sidney Crosby? It was a good fight. It was the first game of the series. Great game too.

To let everyone know my mom is cousins with Wane Redden on the Senators. He was going to get traded to the Sharks which would of been sweet because he would live with us until he got a house down here in California. But sadly they didn't want to trade hima dn he did not want to live down here.

34. USTommie

USTommie Jedi Master star 2

Sep 12, 2002
    I hope a lot of you caught last night's Wild-Avs game - it was another instant classic! I forgot how much Forsberg overacts, but aside from a few borderline calls it was a great game to watch. I thought I was going to lose it when the Avs tied it at the end of regulation, but Keith Carney came through for us! Naturally, the series isn't getting the pub it deserves because of the teams involved, but wow. I haven't seen any of the Sharks-Flames series, but I'd be surprised if any series has had a more entertaining first two games.

Anyone see the injury to the Flyers' Thoresen (sp?)? Poor guy got hit in the testicles by a slap shot! I felt (and still feel) so bad for the guy - talk about giving it up for the team. He was obviously in a great deal of pain - hopefully he's okay. That was a great game though - like I said before, Ovechkin is amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.