main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast A call for help...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Outcast77, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    This is a call for help, so I hope there is someone here who can assist me.
    I already posted this in the 'Costuming & Props' board but I figured I'd copy this in here too.

I'm the activity coordinator for the Cub Scout pack in my town and I am hoping that I can get in touch with someone from either (or both) the 501st and/or Rebel Legion. We are having our annual Christmas meeting on Friday and the plan was to have some special guests show up for the kids. Originally those guests were the Marines, to help us with a uniform inspection and to collect toys for the 'Toys for Tots'. Unfortunately I was informed with very short notice via a couple of rude e-mails that the Marines were booked up and could not make it. I'm scrambling to get a last minute substitution for the kids and thought it would be great if some Clone or Storm Troopers could make it (keeping with the military theme) to perform the same tasks.
    I understand that this is extremely short notice and I'm sorry for ranting. If anyone here is a member of either group, or knows someone who is, could you please let me know if you can help us out.
    I live in Dracut, Mass. which is in the Middlesex County of Northern Massachusetts. Again... any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I've PMd your request to the commanding officers for New England Garrison (501st) and Alderaan Base (Rebel Legion). They are the Garrison and Base for Massachusetts.

In the future for the 501st in any country you can also use this event request form.

~Doc_Bev

3. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I would also pop in the boston forums and see if they know of anyone that can help or may be able to help, there are a few 501st members in that chapter I believe.....

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Thanks for the help Bev, I'll also remember that link for future use. I would have gone to the 501st and RL sites today but the firewall at work wouldn't let me :mad:!
    You're right strawbary, there is a BR member in the 501st but I haven't seen him on the boards lately and given my time problem I figured a distress signal to the boards would be better. Thanks again!

5. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    distress calls are always good. I know I usually call on all the groups to help with an event...... you never know who has free time to help. I wish u luck in this event and I will cross my fingers for you someone replies :)

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003

7. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    I dont really post here much .. thus the lack of seeing me.. my work schedule prevents me
    from getting to the BR events nowadays.. thus not active on boards..

Nicky sent the info for the mimited info you posted here to both CO's of 501NEG.com and AlderaanBase.com
    and both Bob and Erik the corresponding CO's have posted event request info on both forums..

I can be reached at the following : myspace.com/TK_6872
    on there at least once a day.. I dont know my hours yet for friday.. but if still going when Im off..
    I would come also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.