main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "A House Divided"7/30/03* author's note

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    GUESS WHO!!Q/O MAYBE but not yet if at all.

Obi-Wan Kenobi is the son of the ruler of Xarcron. He is force senstive as are alot of others of his homeplanet, but none have ever been a Jedi. His father, Lord Kenobi, kind ruler of the planet tries to convince his son to go to the temple and become a Jedi,but Obi-Wan wants nothing do with them. Will his mind change later? We will see.

As alway italics indicate mindspeech or thought.

This one will only get posted once a week until some of the others are finished. I happened to find it on an old discs in my computer desk.

################

?Master Jinn, welcome. My father will see you in just a moment. His last meeting went on far longer than he anticipated.?

?That is fine. I will wait here in the anteroom until he is ready to see me if that is alright.?

?Well yes of course. But you may come into the common room and have some refreshment if you would like .?

Jinn looked up at the finely ornate chandelier that graced the main hall and allowed his eyes to roam the expanse of the hall that was equal to the large council chambers at the temple.

I don?t think I can find anything about this place that is ?common?. There was an interesting facet to the Lord?s home though. Jinn could feel the force emanate all around him. He could even breathe it along with the air that filled his lungs. He had been warned that many on this planet possessed the force. However, to this date not one single one of them allowed any of their children to become a Jedi.

Jinn sat in a high back chair.. With a seat of velvet, and the arms and back of that chair trimmed in gold, not paint of that color, but the precious metal itself. The planet was known for its wealth and it was easy to see why. The ruler of this planet, Lord Kenobi did not horde his wealth, he lovingly share it with his subjects. Jinn reasoned that wealth was considered before sending their children to the Jedi temple to wear the drab Jedi garb, eat very sparsely at times, and swear their allegiance to the poverty ridden existence as a Jedi..

Master Yoda said there is one person who wishes to break the infinite timed tradition and allow their son to become a Jedi. Lord Kenobi feels it will bring them closer into our fold..

Jinn searched the hall again to see if there was anything even remotely normal or inexpensive in this palace. Of course not!!!!

?Master Jinn?? Master? I am sorry if I interrupted your thoughts but my father will see you now.?

?Oh no young man, that is fine.?

Jinn let the son of Lord Kenobi lead him into his father?s lavish office. Qui-Gon thought it most peculiar that a secretary or several secretaries were not here to greet Lord Kenobi?s visitors.

It is not like he can?t afford them.

Lord Kenobi?s eyes lit up with the presence of the Jedi. He extended his hand and Jinn shook it.

?Master Jinn please take a seat. I have taken the liberty of having my wait staff prepare us some tea and a few pastry. I hope that will be to your liking.?

?I am sure it will be but you really shouldn?t have gone to all the trouble. I can eat after I reach your city and find a room.?

?Don?t be ridiculous my good man. You may stay right here with us. I called you here and I won?t have you searching for a room on such a cold night .?

Jinn hated to admit it because he was a Jedi and could withstand any inclement weather, but he greatly appreciated the offer.

Lord Kenobi?s son, who if Jinn had to estimate, was thirteen to fifteen years old of age, turned to leave the Jedi and his father to their own conversation..

?Obi, that won?t be necessary. What I have to say I wish you to here also. After all it concerns you.?

The boy stood for a moment, hesitant to turn around. They had been through this many times before and always Lord Kenobi?s youngest son had refused to listen to his father. He rolled his eyes up, whispered something neither Master Jinn or his father heard, and finally turned to face his father, an

2. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Hold up. Obi saw Joron die, but Yoda says he is now the current ruler?

"That's interesting..."

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Nice to know my eyes didn't decieve me- but someone was certainly deceived.

4. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    I noticed that as well, wonder what happened? This is certainly interesting, and I'll be back to see what you do with it.

--later--

5. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Nightfall would soon engulf Paneth, principle city of the planet Xarcron. However it was not as dark as most planets were because night light was supplied by the twin moons.

Master Jinn stood in the twilight of those moons with his light saber activated as he entered another alley. Since returning to Xarcron in search of the missing Kenobi, the younger one, Obi-Wan, he found that there were those who visited this planet for nothing more than to steal from the wealthy. Most came from poorer planets with less than sincere rulers who took all the credits. It made the thievery no less right but it explained it.

Qui-Gon had no intention of using his saber on those who would do the complete opposite; kill him in a second if they thought he had anything of worth on him. His saber lit and activated was a noticeable deterrent, a warning, unspoken for those who would kill him first then check to see if he had any credits on him secondly. He learned from going down one to many alleys and dark streets. to keep his saber ready.

Master Jinn hoped to get some assistant from the new and younger Lord Kenobi, Joron. No help was offered, consequentially no help was received, nor would Jinn ask for any.

The new ruler?s sentry guards were in a midst of enforcing a radical tax increase. Lord *Joron* Kenobi had his men going door to door to collect taxes. What shocked the Jedi most was the hostility of those guards if the people denied being able to pay such a steep tax. He witnessed it several times as he would hide around a corner of a home and watch. If the guards saw him, their demeanor toward the people would change to one of subtlety and respect.

Jinn knew it was a façade and he vowed to notify not only the Jedi council but the republic senate of the actions being taken against these people here by what seemed to be a tyrant ruler, the elder Kenobi?s son.

He got the feeling he was the only one on this world that knew about Obi-Wan?s absence other than his brother and his guards or that cared if he were found or not. The new ruler, Obi?s brother hadn?t even alerted the people of their home world so they could help and warned Jinn he was not to mention Obi-Wan?s absence either. If he did, Joron assured him he would be shipped back to Coruscant with no welcome back.

The wind which had kicked up mightily in the last few minutes alerted Qui-Gon to a coming storm. The increased wind breezed over his sweat soaked body and cooled him some. He let his attention drift back to the alley, stepped into it, and was ready for anything that might come his way.

?If anyone is there, I would suggest you come out peacefully. I have faced two attempts already this night to rob me. The third would anger me enough to use my weapon I carry. You will be no more successful than the last two and possibly wind up in worse shape if you go any further with your plot???

Master Jinn pulled his saber back and cautiously stepped one step then another, stopped, and waited to decipher the sounds of whoever was there and the sound of rustling strewn papers blown out of the garbage cans by the high winds just beginning to overtake the city.

A storm no doubt and I am right out in it. I have heard they are vicious here on Xarcron and can last for days. Maybe I will seek shelter after I check out this alley and the surrounding empty buildings. I am not going to the Kenobi home until I have at least some clue of where the little Kenobi went.

?Well do you want to give up, walk out of here unharmed? Just do it. Walk out into the light and walk by. The weapon I have drawn and waiting for you will not move from its spot over my shoulder as long as you do as you are told and pass calmly without a movement toward me.?

Jinn waited for a response and while he did, he switched his saber to his left hand long enough to swipe his right one along the side of his robe to do away with the built up perspiration which caused his hand to lose a sure grip on his saber. Now cooled by the coming storm the Jedi master was not in such a hurr

6. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Great work so far, ewen. Such long posts, I didn't even have the time to read them all before I felt compelled to reply. [face_shocked]

This is a really wonderful concept. The situation of Obi-Wan's force senstivity, and the impact it could have on royal relations, is so interesting. And you've written it beautifully. ;)

**gets back to reading** :D

7. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    interesting twists and turns

8. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Due to my job, my partime job as a banquet server and my other partime job helping a friend start up her catering business, I am going to stop this story until business slows a little.

We have been doing a lot of outdoor bbq's for those who like things done for them.

I will however finish my other stories.

PEACE ewen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.