main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive A New Generation: A Harry Potter RP

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by ARSLAN5, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ARSLAN5

ARSLAN5 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    Setup: 30 years have passed since Harry defeated Voldemort. A new generation is now attending Hogwarts, but the peace won?t last forever. A former Death Eater is rising to power, using the same taticts Voldemort used. How will this generation deal with this evil?

Rules:
    Obey GM
    PM character Sheets to me
    You can have more then one character, though put them different colors

Character Sheet
    Name:
    Hair Color:
    Eye Color:
    Height:
    School House:
    Wand:
    Bio: (2-8 sentences please)

2. ARSLAN5

ARSLAN5 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    My first two characters

Name:Aidan Featherfire
    Hair Color: brown
    Eye Color: brown
    Height: 5'4"
    Wand: 10 1/4 inches cherry with a phoenix tail feather core
    School House: Gryffindor
    Bio: Aidan was born to a Muggle family. He had no idea what Hogwarts was, until he arrived. He found out that his best friend, Bek, was also attending Hogwarts. He was Sorted into Gryffindor

Name: Bek Icewind
    Hair Color: reddish-blond
    Eye Color: blue
    Height: 5'9"
    Wand: 11 inches willlow with a unicorn tail hair core
    School House: Gryffindor
    Bio: Bek was born into a Pureblood family. He was a friend of his next-door neighbor, Aidan. He kept secert that he is a wizard from Aidan. He was ecstatic that Aidan was also going to Hogwarts. He was Sorted in Gryffindor, just like Aidan.

3. Pheonix_Rising

Pheonix_Rising Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    First of all, if this is your first time on the RPF, I suggest you go read through and possibly play in a game or two to see the feel of GMing a game, and how the playing goes on here.
    Second, Your game needs much more story to it. Not just a teaser sentance. You could try expanding on what has happened in the 30 years that have passed, and maybe tell people more about this new Death Eater that has arisen.
    Third, You should expand quite a bit on the rules, with those three little things...your bound for trouble. Try looking at some of the other games going on and take a look at their rules, then try to learn from that and make your own set.

As for the character sheet, for the Bio I suggest not 2-8 sentances, but 2-4 paragraphs(each with three-four sentances).

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, either myself or one of our great Mods:

-NaboosPrincess, Here
    -LightSide_Apprentice, here

4. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    As was mentioned, backstory would help you immensely. For starters, who's in charge these days? There were big changes in the sixth book, and this is 31 years after that, so there's probably even more. Who's minister, who's headmaster, who're the heads of the various houses, who are the various teachers these days? What's the deal with the world at large after Voldemort, was it sort of peaceful like it was after Voldemort got whacked the first time? Or have there been various "the Deatheaters will rise again!" types mucking about and causing trouble? You're dealing with the aftereffects of a potentially world-altering event here, this probably just isn't a "kk, Voldemort is dead again, go home" thing.

Then you get to basic rules. What's going to be expected of characters as students? Are you going to have them RP through classes, or just cruise around when they wish? Are you going to enforce any of the Hogwarts rules? How much control do they have over their surroundings? Who decides who's sorting? What characters are you going to bounce out of the RPG on-sight?

I'd recommend having the eight sentences for your bio be a minimum instead of a maximum. More opportunity for decent characters.

NP edit: That last part was unnecessary.

5. SithGuitarist

SithGuitarist Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2006
    its a good idea. But we need a story that would give us a little more info. keep the idea though, just wait till one of us finds out about the seventh book. Then maybe once we find out who wins, we can have a nice RPG. still, i congratulate you for trying.

6. FaithInTheDarkSide

FaithInTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2006
    Kinda OOT, but nevermind.

Congrats to LightWarden for successfully making me ROTFL.

"Wait, she said she's both Dombledore's and Snape's daughter. How is that possible?"
    "Ehh, remember that Christmas party where we all got drunk?"
    "I don't want to talk about it."

[face_laugh]

Anyway, try to work out with the story a little bit more. Walk around the boards to see how story is developed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.