main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL A New Hope - a plan for growth for FCJK

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Leia214, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Okay - now please don't take this as arguing or making waves. I REALLY want the group to be together again and growing. I have run this by Luis and he gave me the blessing to post and try to make this work.

My thought is for a multi-area group - costuming workshops, local events, collector/con socials. So many people still want to meet at Gotham that I talked to Chris and he will happily host a new group if it comes to that. So why not just work to make it part of FCJK again.

I am proposing a monthly meeting/get-together at Gotham for the people who used to meet there - I would be happy to make all the arrangements and run it. This would NOT interfere or duplicate the already scheduled Mama Wu meeting or any costume/armor party that might be planned. It would be more like a get-together for people who want to see what has just come in the store or talk about upcoming travel. The ideas that are brought up can then be applied to the whole group for discussion - like more Wolfson type events, etc. I know that location doesn't work for everyone but then again, the time and place of Mama Wu's doesn't work for everyone either. Everyone would be welcome at ANY event they chose to attend.

I know that having people show up formal events is crucial to the success of the group but there will ALWAYS be some people that will never venture into costuming and we can't alienate them for that. There are the costumers who enjoy showmanship and sparring - I don't personally. There are costumers who don't collect or go to conventions. There are collectors here in town that ONLY costume at conventions.

I am hoping that as the new group leaders, Chase and Steve, you can see the value in doing this. I don't see this as a split in ranks or being difficult - just accomodating MORE people to participate in the group. I think you will see an increase in people doing costume events once the Gotham meetings start back up - we were all there in support at FCBD.

What do you think?

2. macewndu73

macewndu73 Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    Awesome idea and sounds good to me. I?m in?

We?ll see who else agrees.

3. jediadigallia

jediadigallia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    Great idea, Julia. A very mature and diplomatic solution to try and accomodate everyone. I'm in.

4. JaxAnakinSkywalker

JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2006
    It sounds great, like I said on the other post. I wasn't made aware that there were people that were feeling left out because we were doing costume events. There is an entire area where I've been kept in the dark here.

I would love to talk to everyone about this and whatever other problems people have been having with the group. Luis has my number and anyone can talk to me at anytime.

5. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    (ahem)
    Ok, as to not sound argumentative I will only say this once and be done with it.

Julia, THIS IS THE POSITION THAT CHASE CREATED FOR YOU and was trying to tell you about when you so graciously hung up on him. It was the ONE phone call he tried to make to you to fix the problem that occured on the board previously. He thought if this is such a big deal and it is the aspect that Julia wants then by all means let her spearhead it. It isn't his field. It isn't Steve's field. It's Julia's field and that is way cool.
    Chase ran it by Luis 2 months ago before offering it to you when he asked for your phone number that day. Sorry we couldn't discuss it then becuase precious time was wasted on nothing that made sense after his attempt.

The members that have been present here on the boards have already heard this because it has been brought up several times already about how we had wished Julia had heard what Chase had to say and agreed to it. To my knowledge no one was ever opposed and thought it was a great idea and a shame it never came to pass. I'm sure they will correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think I am.

Now, that being said. I think it's a GREAT idea and EXACTLY the diplomatic solution and attempt that we wanted to see 2 months ago. I just wish it would have actually been heard then.

I would suggest that the condescending tones to messages of late end because you guys haven't contacted us in a while and you have no idea how we feel or what we are thinking as I don't think it will lead to a whole lot of harmony here. There are 2 sides to every story. Somewhere in the middle is usually the truth. Clearly the group has already been divided enough. You are having your get togethers with only select members who have heard one side and we are having our get togethers with members who have only heard one side. If this is going to get worked out that really needs to end. We don't plan to post nasty grams to you guys and I sure hope you don't plan to keep doing it to us.

So far this the 2nd post where I think Mace is trying to indirectly insult us (I apologize in advance Mace if this is being taken wrong, but it SEEMS like an attempt at that). We have never been unagreeable to much so please don't assume that we wouldn't agree especially in light of what I just wrote and I'm not sure about the 90210 comment, but I THINK you aren't REALLY watching that show on the computer are you? Let's just stop all of that now could we? I mean you REALLY don't know any of us that well.

I personally would welcome back anyone into the FCJK because I'm not a grudge holding kind of person. We have a great group and divided we....well you guys know all of that.

Peace.

6. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Whoops. I stand corrected by JaxAnakin...this was originally DairNimiris' idea that he ran by Anakin that Anakin ran by Luis to run by Julia...LOL! I think I just got that right.

No matter. I REALLY am hopeful that this will work out.

7. jediadigallia

jediadigallia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    So much for the mature part of my reply. I have kept out of all this on purpose and this will be the only statement I make with regards to this subject. Patrice, there was no need to air you and Julia's dirty laundry about past discussions. What's done is done. I see where you keep agreeing that all of this new stuff is a good idea, but at the same time, waste no time in rehashing what hasn't worked in the past. If you agree, then why not just say, "Great idea Julia! Let me know if I can be of any help," and leave it at that. None of what Julia said was meant as an insult to anyone, and I certainly didn't take it that way. Every member of the club has different passions and if we need to create different facets to the club to accomodate everyone, so be it. The whole point of growth is to move forward, not regress into high school antics. I'm sorry if that seems harsh. It seems as though you feel the need to defend yourself and your actions. I'm sure you feel very passionate about this cause and the work you have done thus far for FCJK, but you must understand...this group was originally created by people that have a deep commitment to one another and to the Star Wars universe and it was a slap in the face (in my opinion) to have the leadership change hands like it did. Anyone who was at the Gotham event on the 6th saw the main reason why we are all in this. The kids...AND the adults...the fans. Who cares about these petty problems? Let's grow up a little, people.

8. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    I'm sorry you want to view my high expectations of somone as immature. I wasn't hashing it on the board for everyone to see then and am not now. Julia's actions at the time spoke for themselves I was just saying out loud what no one would say before. It wasn't to be mean then and I said before I UNDERSTAND not having time to do things. I am not trying to bring up the past, but the past exists and until it is addressed it won't go away. I'm sorry Julia got upset when I pointed out faults from the past. The kinks have been worked out in the FCJK because of HARD and DILIGENT work from the new leadership and the members that stuck with us no matter what. I just don't want their efforts and loyalty to going out the window. I DO think it is a good idea for the new branch or whatever you wish to call it to form. I thought it 2 months ago. It's not new to us as you would have us believe. That is all I was saying. Dwight thought of it then. It was a good idea then and it is a good idea now.

Politics isn't high school antics. Sorry and this IS politics. Attempting to reform the group is ALL about politics. You want something we've got and we want something you've got. I don't see it as an issue of growing up, but an issue of commitment and it is important that people know the level of commitment that has been maintained no matter how much you don't like what happened. Julia stepped out voluntarily so I'm not sure what upset you.

It is a slap in our face to not acknowledge what we have accomplished in a VERY SMALL amount of time comparatively. Just because you don't like what I have to say does not make me immature. It just makes me braver than most to actually say it. Standing up for what I believe in isn't immature. I have not resorted to name calling anyone and won't. I only state facts. You either like them or don't. It is my expierience that people in general don't like the truth and will get very defensive when you bring it up. This isn't news to me either so the name calling and what not doesn't even bother me. I expect it. It's a natural defense when one doesn't know what else to say or how articulate their feelings. It also won't bring harmony though as I was attempting to point out to Mace.

I really hope a meeting can be organized monthly for that aspect at Gotham. It wasn't before. I have high hopes things will be different.

I also never said Julia's newest posts were offensive. I wasn't referring to her at all. I have not had and still don't have a problem with Julia. That is a one sided dislike relationship. I like Julia just fine. I was referring to the comments from Mace that seemed to indirectly attempt to offend.

I'm not here to argue and I am sorry you view it that way. I just want the facts straight before we start attempting to move forward into the future. That's all. If that doesn't happen there is going to be constant bad blood amongst all of the members and that isn't a good thing because people took sides in the mishap. You can't move forward into a successful future without acknowledging the past. I don't think until Julia and I publicly (or on the board) shake hands no one is going to believe ANY of it.

The current members of the FCJK ARE passionate and DO know what it is all about. We view it at our monthly costuming troops. Just because we didn't know about the group as long doesn't mean the love for it hasn't been there for the same amount of time. We see what it's all about with kids waiting for us with lightsabers in hand when we get there every month. This group as it stands now ALSO has a deep friendship & commitment to each other and we are proud of that. It would be nice if it could be that way for the group as a whole instead of little cliques which really IS high school antics.

Once again on a positive note lets spread the love.

I extend my hand to Julia now. Truly. Welcome Back Julia.

9. macewndu73

macewndu73 Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    Well put Tina, and I will gladly accept the apology listed 4 posts above. I am not a vindictive person and if I were trying to insult someone on purpose, there would be no ?think? about it, the person would know. I am a very straightforward person and everyone who knows me knows that fact.

We need to stop analyzing what everyone is writing. The fact that I am taking the time to comment on such a silly sentence is beyond me. ?We?ll see who else agrees.? I agreed with what was posted and wanted to know who else agreed with the comment. Now a 20+-lined post was in reply to a good idea and a silly sentence like ?We?ll see who else agrees.? I?m done; I was not on the boards much before all this change took place and now, even less.

But if I need a good laugh, I?ll pop in. THAT, was meant to be insulting?..

At least I still have the memories of the original FCJK.

10. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Mace I was talking about the 90210 comment before on another thread. "We will see who agrees" sounded cynical after your 90210 comment. You are right I did not know if you are a direct person or not. Glad you are.

Sorry you don't want to be more active, but like you said you really weren't much anyway so we will be OK. Would love to see you here and that choice is yours.

If you find humor here that's great. I don't think what has happened is all that funny. More things just came to light that I did not know about from before and honestly it has become even less humorous. I am no longer game for this until some VERY SERIOUS things get straightened out.

I think the current ACTIVE members of the FCJK should vote on this aspect of a new formation of an almost separate group. That is my personal opinion as XO and will take my thoughts to the commanders.

...and Mace I'm glad you have such fond memories of the "old" FCJK. With that comment you already prove you had no expectation of joining with us anyway to move forward into the future. Like Tina "put so well"...Why are YOU bringing up the past?

11. DairNimiris

DairNimiris Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Too much estrogen here ;)

12. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    ok, people. What is going on in here. Julia had a great idea and just wanted to re-group the people that felt left out because we didn't talk about the other aspects of being a Star Wars fan which is collecting, gaming, novels ect. She probably didn't read the proposition couple month ago due to arguments, but she really felt that was needed in the club. We needed to re-gain all the people that had interrest on the group because the other aspect of Star Wars. Some people feel intimidated because they didn't have a costume and I am fully at fault because I'm the one that introduced the costuming to the group and my original concept of the group was to get together and talk about new stuff coming out, talk about novels, ect... I understand that now days we lost 90% of the group due to the fact that we do not do anything else but dress up in costume and go make kids and adults happy, but I can't stress this enough, This was an all around Star Wars based group, which people had different liking, and we fail to accomodate everybody.
    I do not want to say this because I do not believed in fighting but I'm going to, I was the "Commanding Officer" of the group when the group started and people like it when I RAN the show because my interrest was to please everybody's needs and when you said The OLD FCJK now you are saying that I didn't run it well. There were no fighting and every body was happy. We went from having a 50+- people to 10+- people. All I'm saying do not shut people down when they have ideas. When Leia talk to me I agree to her idea, It was a great idea and I told her to post it on the boards hoping to regain the lost people but instead DRAMA was brought up.
    I'm sorry that I haven't being able to be active on the boards lately and also sorry thatI haven't being able to go the troops but my job have me working overtime all the time. Maybe just the fact that I do not show up to the events scheduled by the NEW chain of command is view by people that I do not want to participate on the event, well you are sadly mistaken, I created this group from nothing, and there is nothing more that I like than make kids smile.
    With this I end my very unsual long post.
    Darth-Blaze out.

13. ImperialOrder

ImperialOrder Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    <Breath out... breath in...> This is silly. Everyone is going every which way else. I have no clue what's going on any more. And, I'm tired after a full day of work and coming to see this home for me on the boards. I don't like seeing the disagreements and such here on the boards. I know that they happen, but this is getting old. I'm sorry if I seem a bit tired right now, but I've just had a very stressful day of work and such. So, here's the thing from me. I STEP DOWN from the other part of command here. I respectfully give my title back over to Luis and I once again become a member of the general unit. For those who still want ID cards, I will continue to offer that service and I'll continue to try and work out a date for the costume party. I'm just disappointed in myself...

I'm sorry to all for the fact that I failed as a leader to head off problems before they arrose, I'm sorry that I didn't hold a meeting once a month at GCL, I'm sorry for the fact I was late in the production of ID cards, I'm sorry for a lot. But, I will never be sorry for trying a hand that leading this group in a combined effort with Chase. I'm sorry for the fact that peoples feelings got hurt. But, I'm not sorry for making valuable friends. I'm not sorry for trying a hand at being a more social person. This group really helped me out of a shell, and I hope that Chris can continue to keep me out of it. I bid the leadership role of the group a good luck and I hope some-what of an agreement can be reached to end these discussions.

Thank you for becoming valued members of a small family I have, and I hope to continue in peaceful talks with everyone. But, I grow weary of seeing fights break out on a regular basis and I have a business to run.

Thank you again, I'm sorry again, and please, please don't bash me.

Thank you,
    Steve

14. ObiWanAmanda

ObiWanAmanda Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    Ok...let me try to be the voice of peace and reason :) I am not going to get to deep into this, but everyone knows how I feel about this whole thing. It is something that just got way out of hand. I think it is a good idea for Leia214 to plan the meetings at GCL. This will make those who collect happy and content and bring our "family" back to one accord. JaxAnakin can continue to plan costuming and charity events which make other members of the group happy. True, feelings have gotten hurt and prides bruised, but we really need to let by gones be by gones and get back together. Both sides need to swallow their pride and agree to do what is best for the rest of us. I love all of you and enjoy being around all of you. I just happen to be one of those members who enjoy doing everything...collecting, costuming, charity events, and general get togethers. So lets just forgive one another for old wounds and start over anew. :) Love ya Chase and Patrice......Love ya Julie....Love ya Luis

Amanda

15. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    ...and there hasn't been any fighting for over 2 months until today. As far as not accommodating anyone who has other interests. HUH? No one has come forward for that until today. They all left with Leia and it wasn't 50+ people either. We cut the group exactly in half. If the others want to come back and post here and do those types of events we NEVER excluded them they just disappeared. I don't think if we had the type of event you are talking about they would have come.

Luis, if you think I was insulting your command, I'm sorry. Things weren't getting done and I pointed it out. You even said there were problems with getting meetings scheduled and that the website not being up were problems yourself. It was a discussion and got turned into a fight when people were offended that flaws in the system were pointed out with their responsibilities being neglected. No one seems to want to address that. We have rectified that situation with the current command.

Tell you what, If you people want to be led by a girl who posts this type of stuff you go right ahead. I just read this today and was stunned. I'm immature? If that is the type of person you want leading you then by all means I will leave you to that. I personally don't want anyone representing me who can't articulate thoughts and feelings without curse words or threats. Yes, long live Leia. Yes, she will certainly bring balance with the attitude she displayed below.

Friday, March 17, 2006

On the topic of friends again
    Current mood: irritated
    Category: Friends

I have really learned the lesson of real friends vs people you know in various settings.

People who I know in a local group that I socialize with aren't my real friends - they see me once a month, chitchat with me, and play nice. When you don't agree with them, they turn into raving lunatic scumbags who post untruths about you on bulletin boards on the internet. And when you don't respond to them online, they start calling your cellphone and harassing you. Real friends don't do that.

Yes, you know who you are. My advice to you, because I KNOW you are reading this, is to take some medication and get over yourself. Your time is coming and believe me, it won't be **** pretty when I am done with you.

It's sad that you proclaim to be a Christian because you aren't anything like the Christ I imagine.

I feel sorry for your children - they will be as **** up in the head as you are.

Have a nice day now.

2:30 PM - 3 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment

Let me finally address this since it has been 2 months and I am just now seeing it (even though you were SO SURE I was looking at your blog - ha!, I had better things to do like fix the problems here). Darn skippy I don't agree with you Leia. You did a whole lot of nothing and got mad when someone told you about it. If that's a raving scumbag lunatic then by golly I am. I didn't post untruths. I posted facts. There was no website as promised. You wouldn't let anyone else work on it. You did jack diddly. Gotham shouldn't be the only place to have meetings. All valid points that you didn't like. The only reason Chase made one phone call to your cell phone was to ask if you wanted the position you "came up with" today, but the only words he got out was "hi" and you hung up. Clearly that is harassment. I am a Christian and proud of it. Never said I was a saint. My kids are fine thank you for your concern. You are right I may need to take some idiot pills to dumb down to your level though - it's that whole "Bozone" layer you've got going on that I can't seem to penetrate. Oh, and I'll never get over myself Leia because I ROCK!

16. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    look, I didn't say that I didn't get things weren't get done, is just the meetings people had to rescheduled which I happily. Let me point out that we did have 50+ people, I got the roster to prove it, but it happens that you didn't go to those meetings, there was one time that the store was so full that if the Fire Marshall came in to the store Chris would it get a citation because we were over the limit of allowed people in the place. As far as people liking other stuff I'm pretty sure I said something about it. But anyways, Chase & I came to an agreement which we will discuss in the next meeting, and YES I'm coming.

17. cha0s73

cha0s73 Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2005
    No offense but this is why I dont care to participate in the events....Seems like theres always drama in this group.........

18. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    Chris, I'm really sorry to hear that, but I'll remember and stop calling you when the events come up.

Everyone, like Luis said. We have an idea to iron out all of this mess. I thought about jumping in and getting my hands dirty in all of this, but it got too serious to even be handled on the boards here.

The general consensus is that things need to be more flexible. We have ideas, and Steve, I understand you wanting to relinquish command. I was right there too. I want to thank the guys that talked some sense into me and talked me out of it.

We are bringing it all up and out at the next Mama Fu's event and I'm not talking about all of it until then.

19. ObiWanAmanda

ObiWanAmanda Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    =D= Yeah!!! Way to go Chase. It looks like we are getting somewhere now. :D Like I said before, "EVERYONE" (the whole group...commanders and members) needs to let by gones be by gones and get back together.

20. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Patrice - your immaturity shows just in the fact that you will post my blog comments here. I never did anything to you personally - in fact, I only met you like 3 times. You don't know me but you chose to make it personal. The fact that you continue to drag my name through the mud is evident enough. Anyone that dared take my side, you blasted. You do your husband and FCJK a disservice by your rants on everyone here. Do you really think you are making yourself look good to your group?

It doesn't really matter, does it? No matter what I say, you don't like me. I don't care. How can anyone expect this to be fixed when you have such a fixation on hating me? I don't think I could go through life being so mean and angry all the time like you are.

Even after everyone's posts in my support, you still can't see that the problem here today is your mouth.

How would you like it if I posted some of your sappy fake emails that you sent me? About how you and Chase just wanted to make friends and not cause trouble? What a load. What a crock. What a fake you are.

21. DairNimiris

DairNimiris Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Somebody put these women in a room with two lightsabers.

I'd pay to see it.

22. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    Leia, we have this solved without you, and at this point it has been taken too far. I have never spoken in a false way to you. I still don't think about you enough to hate you. I will not tolerate threats to my family in any way.

In fact, I don't want to see you anywhere in the vicinity of me. I now have a written threat on a public blog(you made it public)on my family and I will take it to the authorities if necessary. I suggest that you go away.

Luis should be calling to tell you the same....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.